The lose-lose media narrative vs Eagles

1 hour ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

I hope we dont make a move for AJ Green... Sending future picks for said player will not ensure a SB victory this season or next. 

Keep with the process and build through the draft with low risk trades and unheralded free agent signings.

WINNER. 

I fully agree and further,  I am  confident that Beane will not reach for a wr that is too high  priced.   If it is a cheaper option that fits Mc D / Dabs needs , I could see it happening but I  really don't see anything like that unless  someone like Atlanta decides to tear down their team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

What is it with these non-stop threads bitching about how poor little old Buffalo gets shafted on a national stage?

Buffalo is meaningless flyover country to Big City, USA.

Get over it!

So is Green Bay but they don't get disrespected like Buffalo.  And Buffalo is the second largest city in the state of NY.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

What is it with these non-stop threads bitching about how poor little old Buffalo gets shafted on a national stage?

Buffalo is meaningless flyover country to Big City, USA.

Get over it!

Gotta love them coastal elites.

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I live outside Philly and the Eagles are bickering within. Half the players dislike Wentz and prefer Foles. If they lose 3 in a row they will implode. Bills win 23- 6

Been brewing for a while, only going to get worse. Problem is Wentz is, if the rumors are true, a bit of a diva and finger-pointer. No one to blame but themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Who cares how the media treats us?  Just win, our record will say it all.  For once, we have an easy schedule this year.  

Really! No disrespect to the OP, but come on man! You are spending way too much time micro-analyzing things. I understand. I used to think this way when I was in my 20's. It'll pass. Just win the games and the respect will come. There is zero evidence that the Bills WOULDN'T get cred if they actually put something together; because we HAVEN'T put anything substantial together this century.

Win...the....games!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Trust me...The fans only look at the record, the media composes the reason why.

Considering the national media had Buffalo ranked  #23 -#28 before the season, they are simply not credible

I don't trust that as I read on this very board how bad the Bills are and 5-1 is fake due to schedule.

4 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

The criticism right now is fair.  Let's face it, the Bills offense is a player short of being considered a contender. They only have scored 121 points and that isn't going to get you very far, no matter how good your defense is. That is 20.2 points per game. You are not beating good teams with this offense.

Really? Did you sleep through the patriots game ? 

4 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

The criticism right now is fair.  Let's face it, the Bills offense is a player short of being considered a contender. They only have scored 121 points and that isn't going to get you very far, no matter how good your defense is. That is 20.2 points per game. You are not beating good teams with this offense.

We held the best team in the league to 17 points. Unfortunately that team has a better defense than even us, but we can absolutely beat good teams with our offense, especially considering what they've done in the 4th quarter. Because our defense is the real deal.

4 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I think the OP is saying that the record isn't speaking for itself like it would for other teams

Yes, given our history there's a significant chance it may be a fluke.  Winning trumps whining.  Consistency then respect.

4 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Anyone who thought it wouldn't take at least a half this season to get this offense gelling was fooling themselves. Personally, I think the offense is on track and is only getting better as the season progresses.

Absolutely. Nine new starters, an offensive line that didn't even get to fully play together in camp or the preseason. They needed to find out who they were and get used to playing with each other. It was near impossible for them to come out of the gates on fire. They have actually been better than I thought they would be to start the season, except for the penalties and turnovers. They are just going to get stronger as the year goes on.

4 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

I'm always baffled by people who care about what the media thinks of the Bills.  Do they have dreams about us getting 5 night games every year and Al Michaels waxing poetic about Josh Allen on SNF?

Mostly we just get completely ignored because of our small market, which is fine by me as long as the Bills keep winning most of their games. 

I don't mind being ignored by the national media because I don't watch a lot of sports programming anyhow, or read much online (outside of for fantasy purposes and the Bills of course); and of course they are going to cater to the bigger markets. 

But I do agree with the OP that some of them go out of their way to discount the Bills. Every single year teams make it to the playoffs with soft schedules. But it is very rarely the topic every single time the team is discussed. Every time the Bills are talked about this year, someone has to say, well look at their cupcake schedule. It may have been mentioned once or twice that the Pats have a bit of a soft schedule, but with the Bills it is "They haven't played anyone man!" every time.

Or how about this, the NFL put out a ranking of QBs the other day. Now, I could care less about rankings too, as it is one person's or organization's opinion. (For those who care, Josh is tied for 20th with Kyle Allen, just behind Mayfield, Goff, and Minshew). But the point isn't his ranking, it is the final sentence of Josh's blurb, "It's just a little disturbing when you see he has the second-lowest passer rating (72.5) among the 32 QBs with 10 or more starts since the beginning of last season." This is a ranking of QBs for this year, and yet he goes back to last year, which includes the rough start to Josh's rookie season that is so far in the rearview mirror, to make a point that Josh isn't good. I'm not saying Josh has fully arrived or doesn't still have a ton to work on, but how about talk about how he is playing this year, which is an improvement over last year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001068790/article/qb-index-week-8-aaron-rodgers-soars-mitchell-trubisky-sinks

I have no doubt that if we win, but it isn't a blowout, the media narrative will still be that the Bills haven't played anyone because the Eagles were injured and in turmoil.

But, if they keep winning, and Josh keeps improving, eventually those narratives should start disappearing. And it will be all that much sweeter. I think it's just that we have been bad for so long that many media people (who aren't really paying attention) will just keep assuming that we are until the team (and Josh) really proves otherwise and then they won't be able to deny it any longer.

7 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

AMEN. Nailed it! If the offense doesn't step it up the Bills lose. Winning ugly only takes you so far. True test this weekend. Put up or shut up! 

14 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

I'm always baffled by people who care about what the media thinks of the Bills.  Do they have dreams about us getting 5 night games every year and Al Michaels waxing poetic about Josh Allen on SNF?

Mostly we just get completely ignored because of our small market, which is fine by me as long as the Bills keep winning most of their games. 

We get completely ignored because for the better part of 20 years theyve been easy to ignore.   This narrative about being ignored because Buffalo is a small market is flat out wrong.

If the Bills keep it up and win games their game against the Patriots will be flexed to Saturday.  If they vomit all over themselves like everyone expects, because thats what recent history suggests, it wont.  Media doesnt hate small markets, they hate spending money and losing it.  Like spending tons of time and money interviewing guys like Trent Edwards after a hot start only for the Bills to fail miserably.

Like McDermott said, build it and they will come.