Defending the two Eagles TEs and the Run game without potentially Milano and Thompson?

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was on the radio or a podcast, can’t remember. But to me no red jersey is promising 

I agree.  I would think contact with a player who has a hamstring could make him aggravate it if it causes him to land wrong

I would think a player with an upper body injury, as long as they aren't tackling or throwing him to the ground,  could take contact more easily.

But what do I know?

22 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I do know 2nd hand that he was taking martial arts classes during off-season which certainly helps with balance.

this is what I was thinking of calling him "Mr Minimalist":

https://buffalonews.com/2019/05/25/buffalo-bills-matt-milano-few-possessions-much-promise/

“He doesn’t have a whole lot in his apartment,” Bills linebacker Julian Stanford said. “A couch, TV, I think he just bought a desk and he’s trying to find a chair. But that’s it.”

“In his bedroom, he has a clothes rack, and that’s where his clothes are, on the rack, no dresser, no nothing. And a mattress on the floor,” Milano’s dad, Mike, said. “It’s hysterical.”

“I just try to keep it to a minimum. A minimum is better. Once you start getting too much stuff in your life, your mind gets cluttered, your head gets cluttered, you can’t think straight on the field, so I just try to eliminate all distractions as much as possible.”

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

this is what I was thinking of calling him "Mr Minimalist":

https://buffalonews.com/2019/05/25/buffalo-bills-matt-milano-few-possessions-much-promise/

“He doesn’t have a whole lot in his apartment,” Bills linebacker Julian Stanford said. “A couch, TV, I think he just bought a desk and he’s trying to find a chair. But that’s it.”

“In his bedroom, he has a clothes rack, and that’s where his clothes are, on the rack, no dresser, no nothing. And a mattress on the floor,” Milano’s dad, Mike, said. “It’s hysterical.”

“I just try to keep it to a minimum. A minimum is better. Once you start getting too much stuff in your life, your mind gets cluttered, your head gets cluttered, you can’t think straight on the field, so I just try to eliminate all distractions as much as possible.”

Yes I remember the article.  A friend who teaches martial arts in Erie County talked to me saying you are a football fan, explain this player to me and I pointed him to article.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Conventional wisdom holds that rain decreases passing efficiency in numerous ways, including limiting the WR's ability to cut, making it harder for a QB to maintain a tight spiral, and harder for receivers to grip the ball. Faster thrown balls are harder to catch when they're wet. Grass fields, especially will cause route runners to lose traction making it harder to adjust to the ball. There are stats that back up these concepts.

good points but the Bills don't play on grass at home......

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Conventional wisdom holds that rain decreases passing efficiency in numerous ways, including limiting the WR's ability to cut, making it harder for a QB to maintain a tight spiral, and harder for receivers to grip the ball. Faster thrown balls are harder to catch when they're wet. Grass fields, especially will cause route runners to lose traction making it harder to adjust to the ball. There are stats that back up these concepts.

It really doesn't though which is what's crazy.

14 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I think Thompson is more likely to play than Milano.  Just my opinion.

He’s not Milano, but he’s also not Maurice Alexander if you know what I mean. MA is not a starting caliber LB. 

22 minutes ago, JoeF said:

We got good/extremely accurage Fitzy last week and I think good Fitzy is better than Wentz....gives me a bit of confidence.

Fitz was just chucking it up with abandon last week and getting lucky on some of those tbh. I’m not sure Wentz will be playing as freely, he’s under a lot of mental pressure. But he has a bigger arm and clearly more talented. And has Better weapons. Fitz however played like he had nothing to lose. That won’t be the case with Wentz 

Fitzpatrick has always been a streaky QB.  He's fearless and will put up some balls he shouldn't sometimes.  The result is clusters of interceptions.  He got pretty hot against Buffalo last Sunday.  Wentz is not the most accurate passer in the league by far.  He likes to fling the ball deep and without Desean Jackson he just doesn't have the weapons to do what he likes.  Ertz is a really good and reliable short and intermediate range receiver at the TE position, but he's not the athletic deep threat of some other elite, athletic TEs in the league.  Anyway, the result is Wentz will overlook opportunities to complete short passes on occasion because he's looking for the chance to hit a deep strike that may never come.  That may give the Bills a chance to make some big plays on defense.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I think Thompson is more likely to play than Milano.  Just my opinion.

I've come to learn this season that any Bill listed as questionable or a game time decision is likely not to play. Sucks cause Milano was sorely missed last week and will be again if inactive.

As much as we’ve been spoiled this year so far by our stellar D, I agree it’s super worrying if both still are no-go’s this week against a much better personnel group than Miami brought—this is where our relatively intact O needs to step up and carry the game by simply outscoring the Iggles straight up—we need to be able to rely on that if we expect to go far in the playoffs this year!

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Both Milano and Thompson are questionable - game time decisions. Limited all week. If Maurice Alexander starts at LB it’s going to be very tough sledding with not only Ertz/Goddert at TE  but Jordan Howard. We saw that last week - mark walton was getting chunk yards on the ground and mike gesiki had success in the pass game. All those guys from last week aren’t as good as all the guys coming in this week. At every position. OL, WR. QB, RB. TE. I think Hyde and Edmunds can handle TEs but having that LB spot undermanned is scary. I think with Milano’s hammy and the rainy forecast we will see a similar situation as them holding out Singletary vs the Titans 

If we can't win the game because Matt Milano isn't in there then we never had a shot to begin with, he's a very good LB for us but holy hell, it's called game planning for the teams best players, like Belicheat you take out your opponents best players, so cover Ertz with a LB and S? He's been shut down alot this season, Wentz can carve up defenses but if we get to him like we did to Tennessee then he like many QB's under distress can be beat.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

We all should know rain doesn't do anything to the passing game. Only wind and extreme cold I think QBs have said.

I wonder if our receivers would agree.  A Josh Allen fastball is hard to catch when dry.  I cant imagine when wet.