Carucci: Bills are 5-1, but Josh Allen can’t seem to win no matter what he does

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

People wanted Reich to start.

Seems like he has his head on straight. Don't listen to the idiots in the peanut gallery, but always give them thanks. 

..perhaps we know now why they're stuck in "the gallery" with bonafide GM resumes' in hand and the phone ain't ringing off the hook.....certainly creates some great "TBD Theater" with special thanks to "Fisher-Price wi-fi"........

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Let’s be honest. We could easily have lost 4 of the games we’ve won.  Josh has done nothing to distinguish himself.  Excellent D and a bit of luck are covering up what will soon become a huge problem.  

And lets be honest, we could easily be 6-0 if Josh doesn't get knocked out of the Patriots game.  Doesn't matter about if's.  The point is, we won period.  I disagree he hasn't done anything to distinguish himself.  He has lead multiple 4th quarter game winning drives when it mattered the most.  He has the highest QB rating in the 4th quarter out of ALL QB's in the nfl.  How is that not distinguishing himself?  

He didn't fold when pressure was on him.  Not sure what your expectations are, but 200+ yds a game 62% completion is good for me at this stage in his career. Oh and 5-1 is good too.....

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Let’s be honest. We could easily have lost 4 of the games we’ve won.  Josh has done nothing to distinguish himself.  Excellent D and a bit of luck are covering up what will soon become a huge problem.  

...um....well....er....uh...ok....thanks.......

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, krf139 said:

This post ain’t honest. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

the point here I think is  this

The Haters are gonna hate and Josh will never be the best of his draft class no matter what

What says that will be a fact? Baker has regressed and Lamar is exciting but wait till there is a few years of tape on him

Darnold has not looked good

If Josh keeps grinding he can have a better career that all then, it's crazy to say it's set in stone after 17 games

2 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

That said, it is a shame that more fans will not embrace him for the character quality he exudes and the professionalism he puts into becoming better. The man deserves this and much more.

These "fans" tend to be idiots who are either a.) only concerned with fantasy stats; or b.) took some fanatical liking to another QB in that draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCBongo said:

on the same note Jim Kelly was not the best of the class of 83 (Marino, Elway) but he lead the most exciting offense in the NFL and is in the HOF.  

He lost all 4 SB's he ever played in.  Many fans do not look back on those years very fondly due to all the choking, the jokes (Boy I Love Losing Superbowls) etc.

Allen hasn't won anything yet, nor has he even had a great game passing the ball. 

59 minutes ago, krf139 said:

I’ve seen “ Excellent D” win more than a few Superbowls...... Just, sayin’?

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

Welcome to the nfl.

Do you think we win those 4 without him? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

At the end of it all, I wonder who will be the best in that heralded QB class?  Baker and Sam currently playing poorly. Rosen in no mans land. Lamar and Josh are in front right now. Sam has played well at times - very up and down.

Don’t forget Kyle Allen!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

At the end of it all, I wonder who will be the best in that heralded QB class?  Baker and Sam currently playing poorly. Rosen in no mans land. Lamar and Josh are in front right now. Sam has played well at times - very up and down.

Up and down was the problem with Darnold coming out.  He has the tendency to be a turnover machine.  Will crazy Gase get him over it?  Gase doesnt seem interested in having him as his QB though, so I doubt it.

43 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

What says that will be a fact? Baker has regressed and Lamar is exciting but wait till there is a few years of tape on him

If Josh keeps grinding he can have a better career that all then, it's crazy to say it's set in stone after 17 games

I’m just curious why Allen is the only qb from his class who can improve. 

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

Josh has won those games.  He is at his best in the 4th and elevates the whole team, even that Defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Welcome to the nfl.

Do you think we win those 4 without him? 

I’m really not trying to hate on Allen but I think we win those games with 90% of the starting QBs.  It’s not so much a knock on Allen but a reflection of how good our defense is and how easy the schedule has been.

46 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Or just wait til he plays real defenses, he already put up a stinker this season.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think I ever said that

The person I quoted pretty much said allen can't improve and be the best from his class

But you said Lamar will regress with tape.  All offseason I heard he was a rb who was playing qb. He has improved as a passer.  Why can’t he continue to improve?