Bills Mafia adds Dangerous New Stunt: Hatchet Throwing

Amarillo Bills Fan

Lets see, take one part alcohol + one part hatchets + one part throwing said hatchet, mix until vomiting = Trip to hospital (or morgue)....but can't wait to see the video.  

Reminds me of  my dad and uncles playing jarts in the front yard after a couple gallons of home made red wine - whoops, didn't mean to put that through your car door, Lefty....

Edited by chaccof

There's a "Pioneer Days" thing that runs here every fall, and they do hatchet throwing. The distance is far enough that you won't get the rebound effect like in that video. People have to sign a waiver form, but it's pretty safe unless someone is a total idiot. They even let kids do it if their parents sign the waiver. I think my son was around 13 when we first went to it, and we both tossed a few hatchets.

Given that this is a team-sanctioned event, I'm guessing that waiver forms will be required and anyone who appears drunk won't be allowed to participate. (Sorry, guys...)

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Given that this is a team-sanctioned event, I'm guessing that waiver forms will be required and anyone who appears drunk won't be allowed to participate. (Sorry, guys...)

I'd imagine the waiver form is about 12 pages.  Can't believe the Bills' attorneys got talked into this.  

• Like (+1) 1

This reminds me of the time a bunch of us were out camping and drinking and partying all day into the evening. Around the fire, there was an axe and some wood to be chopped as that was being done during the day for the fire. A guy (who i didnt know personally, was a friend of a friend) thought it would be a good time to try this out. He went to use the axe and it bounced back up after his swing and the back end of it hit him and knocked a couple of his front teeth out and was bleeding everywhere.

His girlfriend and her friend took out a flashlight and started looking for the teeth like that would do anything. I told them just to take him to the emergency room as he was still bleeding even after sucking on some ice out of the cooler.

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

They have a place (actually a bar) that does this in Rochester. They also do it at the Renaissance festival. At first glance, it sounds super dangerous.  In reality, it realllllllly isn't.  Like comically not dangerous. 

I went to Renaissance Fair locally and after watching for a while my daughter pushed me to give a try.  It was 3 axe throws for I think $5 and I paid the man and said I'd give it a try.   I told her before hand that these type of games are a lot harder than they look (I had not seen a bulls-eye in the 15 minutes I was watching) and took the axe from the handler.  He said I had the wrong grip but I just went ahead and threw it not even standing all the way up the counter.  Hit the bulls-eye with first shot axe sticking to center of target.  The handler then yelled "See it is not difficult, you just need a good eye." and gave me a "champion's prize". I do have a good eye (or did before current issue) and one eye which is basically useless. The throw I did would not work for anyone else since my vision is so different than others.   I wore the prize and received a lot of congratulations from fellow fair attendees.

Yeah, this seems like a good idea

Yes, when sober it may not be that dangerous, but have you seen a tailgate in Buffalo? No one thought having folding tables around is dangerous either, but then Bills fans had an idea!

Bills fans, in various levels of intoxication, many larger males pumped up on testosterone and liqueur, throwing a sharp metal object at a board. What could go wrong?

1 hour ago, chknwing334 said:

How do you top table jumping or hatchet throwing?  Ass crack funnel a beer, 10 bat spins, and then throw a hatchet while being slammed through a burning table.  

You had to suggest this.  Now you know someone will go there.

38 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

This reminds me of the time a bunch of us were out camping and drinking and partying all day into the evening. Around the fire, there was an axe and some wood to be chopped as that was being done during the day for the fire. A guy (who i didnt know personally, was a friend of a friend) thought it would be a good time to try this out. He went to use the axe and it bounced back up after his swing and the back end of it hit him and knocked a couple of his front teeth out and was bleeding everywhere.

His girlfriend and her friend took out a flashlight and started looking for the teeth like that would do anything. I told them just to take him to the emergency room as he was still bleeding even after sucking on some ice out of the cooler.

I think (for future reference) if you can find the teeth and store them properly, sometimes they can be re-attached.  No idea what makes the diff. between "can" or "cant", but the word I heard was to put them in milk.

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I went to Renaissance Fair locally and after watching for a while my daughter pushed me to give a try.  It was 3 axe throws for I think $5 and I paid the man and said I'd give it a try.   I told her before hand that these type of games are a lot harder than they look (I had not seen a bulls-eye in the 15 minutes I was watching) and took the axe from the handler.  He said I had the wrong grip but I just went ahead and threw it not even standing all the way up the counter.  Hit the bulls-eye with first shot axe sticking to center of target.  The handler then yelled "See it is not difficult, you just need a good eye." and gave me a "champion's prize". I do have a good eye (or did before current issue) and one eye which is basically useless. The throw I did would not work for anyone else since my vision is so different than others.   I wore the prize and received a lot of congratulations from fellow fair attendees.

I've never hit the bulls eye. You and I have nothing else to discuss here...

JK. That's awesome! Btw, Renaissance Fair is surprisingly fun. 

12 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Why don't these idiots cut to the chase and just start committing ritual suicide before the games as a sacrifice to the football gods?

Would avoid a lot of bother that way.

...PUN intended?......Mafia's version of the "Tomahawk Chop With Injuries"......SMH..........

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills organization needs to put an end to Bills mafia. Its going to turn into a national embarrassment soon. Our fans travel and attend away games perhaps better than any team in the NFL. That is the story to tell. There are Bills fans all over this country and we can make up large percentage of the crowd.  

Why would you be embarrassed if you do not participate?

Personally, I'm looking forward to this hatchet throwing thing and the videos it will produce.

And, by the way, how do the Bills put an end to Bills Mafia? Closing the stadium down and playing in front of nobody?

• Like (+1) 2