Bills Mafia adds Dangerous New Stunt: Hatchet Throwing

Amarillo Bills Fan

5 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

They have a place (actually a bar) that does this in Rochester. They also do it at the Renaissance festival. At first glance, it sounds super dangerous.  In reality, it realllllllly isn't.  Like comically not dangerous. 

Axes and Ales.  I went with work one day.  It scared the heck out of me

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bills mafia is a name but the rowdy fans  origins are as old as the Bills. It's not going away

My father and all the old timers used to go to War Memorial and bring keggers into the stadium , and party like there was no tomorrow

There's some parts that are even tamer now than back then

The spirit of the city of Buffalo is what drives it and it's not going away

Just so you know, even in the 90s (yep the Glory Years) you could bring one of those orange Water Coolers into the Ralph... full of Beer! 

WE did so... more than once! 

9 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

How do you top table jumping or hatchet throwing?  Ass crack funnel a beer, 10 bat spins, and then throw a hatchet while being slammed through a burning table.  

This a trick question or a challenge ?

Cuz, I'm thinking, though they're probably banned at least in the stadium lots, but someone incorporating a unicycle in some of this really raises the bar.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Short term - Police the lots, put out a statement no more table jumping, tell the players and coaches no more using the term Bills mafia, don't allow obviously intoxicated people into the stadium

Long term - Build a downtown stadium cut the capacity to 64,000 seats, increase ticket prices and price out the drunken idiots

No but it is an awful look for the Bills which in the end is an entertainment business that needs to protect its' brand. 

The City of Buffalo has a drinking culture. People here drink. A lot. We’re also a relatively poor region, especially in the NFL world. If you raised tickets to “price the drunken idiots out,” who is going to those games? The team already has a difficult time selling suites and tickets to cold weather games. Besides, you’re making the logical jump that the “drunks” can’t afford the games. Remember when I said Buffalo has a drinking culture? The rowdiest people I know at the games would have no problem with a ticket increase. I don’t think you’d price out the demographic you think you would that easily without the team severely handcuffing itself.

Locating the stadium downtown isn’t going to curtail drinking either and the party culture would be even closer for people who just want to party but not attend games. Remember Chippewa of old? Have you seen Allentown on a Saturday night recently? It’s an absolute ***** show. Bills games would be that x10,000.

Buffalo is a rowdy drinking town. You can change the name but it’s always going to be that way.

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills organization needs to put an end to Bills mafia. Its going to turn into a national embarrassment soon. Our fans travel and attend away games perhaps better than any team in the NFL. That is the story to tell. There are Bills fans all over this country and we can make up large percentage of the crowd.  

Bills fan = Bills Mafia. That's all there is to it. You can say "I'm a Bills fan, but not part of the Bills' Mafia" but it is a meaningless statement (except perhaps to you). Bills Mafia doesn't = the idiots who smash tables, though most of them are Bills Mafia. But they existed way before Bills Mafia was ever coined.

Just consider this: Many players, the coaches and the Bills organization tag some posts with #billsmafia. They aren't condoning this weird stuff. That's just some over the top fans. "Bills Fans". If you want to disassociate yourself from them, I understand (and concur). But saying your aren't a part of Bills Mafia is the EXACT SAME THING as saying you aren't a Bills fan at this point.

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bills mafia is a name but the rowdy fans  origins are as old as the Bills. It's not going away

My father and all the old timers used to go to War Memorial and bring keggers into the stadium , and party like there was no tomorrow

There's some parts that are even tamer now than back then

The spirit of the city of Buffalo is what drives it and it's not going away

716 knows what I'm talkin' 'bout.

• Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

is that Mr. Rogers?

Ed Ames throwing, Johnny Carson is the other guy.

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Bills fan = Bills Mafia. That's all there is to it. You can say "I'm a Bills fan, but not part of the Bills' Mafia" but it is a meaningless statement (except perhaps to you). Bills Mafia doesn't = the idiots who smash tables, though most of them are Bills Mafia. But they existed way before Bills Mafia was ever coined.

Just consider this: Many players, the coaches and the Bills organization tag some posts with #billsmafia. They aren't condoning this weird stuff. That's just some over the top fans. "Bills Fans". If you want to disassociate yourself from them, I understand (and concur). But saying your aren't a part of Bills Mafia is the EXACT SAME THING as saying you aren't a Bills fan at this point.

716 knows what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Well done. Bills Mafia is so much more than the table jumpers, etc. It’s meeting free agents at the airport with Buffalo wings or raising a few hundred thousand for Andy Dalton’s charity. And a whole lot more. 

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Related image

Reminds me, should get my ex wife a gift certificate here 

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I went to Renaissance Fair locally and after watching for a while my daughter pushed me to give a try.  It was 3 axe throws for I think $5 and I paid the man and said I'd give it a try.   I told her before hand that these type of games are a lot harder than they look (I had not seen a bulls-eye in the 15 minutes I was watching) and took the axe from the handler.  He said I had the wrong grip but I just went ahead and threw it not even standing all the way up the counter.  Hit the bulls-eye with first shot axe sticking to center of target.  The handler then yelled "See it is not difficult, you just need a good eye." and gave me a "champion's prize". I do have a good eye (or did before current issue) and one eye which is basically useless. The throw I did would not work for anyone else since my vision is so different than others.   I wore the prize and received a lot of congratulations from fellow fair attendees.

Bet you smelled of a bunch of strange wench the next day ???

6 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Now THAT guy knew how to smash a table

And hookers.... and 8 balls...

• Awesome! (+1) 1