Interesting Bills stat...

TwistofFate

Buffalo's record dating back to last season is 7-2 in the last 9 games, with our only two losses at the hand of New England. 

If you factor in preseason this year, its 11-2.

Definitely a culture shift...winning is becoming the expected norm. 

Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Yup. And this is why tanking like the Fins are doing is crazy, in my opinion: you’re setting a culture that the organization doesn’t care about winning. 

Beane traded pieces away to fix the cap and then, after a down season, dealt to move where he wanted to in the draft. 

Maintain a winning culture and getting the players you want. I think Beane did it right and McD kept the culture in tact during a challenging year. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Buffalo's record dating back to last season is 7-2 in the last 9 games, with our only two losses at the hand of New England. 

Go Bills! 

I like 11-4 -- the regular season W/L record since Peterman was traded and including Barkley's start vs. the Jets.  I bet most NFL observers don't know that.

• Like (+1) 12

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I like 11-4 -- the regular season W/L record since Peterman was traded and including Barkley's start vs. the Jets.  I bet most NFL observers don't know that.

Yep. Regular season results only. Mention of preseason wins dilutes the discussion. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Here's an interesting stat, I think this is the first time I ever heard somebody bring up the accomplishments of a Preseason in the middle of October.

Look at the bright side.....we aren’t talking about the draft already!   ?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, wagon127 said:

Here's an interesting stat, I think this is the first time I ever heard somebody bring up the accomplishments of a Preseason in the middle of October.

We're usually arguing over next year's draft by now. And you have no idea how happy I am not to see those threads.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Not true for me. I daily am walking around proudly in that 2019 Bills Pre-Season Champs shirt, and all my buddies and I are still partying daily over that huge success. It’s the first time we have won anything since the 90s, and we are puffing our chests out over that and raising our heads high. The ladies are swooning over us. Try it! 

Edited by BillsDude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Interesting fact that they are 11-4 since Barkley vs Jets last year.   4 losses to Pats 2x, Jets and Fins are it since then.   2019 schedule has been favorable for sure but hey you can only beat who they schedule right?

I noted in a post over offseason that if Bills could average 25 ppg scored and 18 ppg surrendered they would be on par with most AFC playoff teams last year.  Bills are tracking on points surrendered  (15.3) but need to average 28 ppg scored in last 10 games to reach 400 total pts scored in 2019 season.  Should be noted that Bills scored that many (399) in Rex's last year.  Some ST and D touchdowns mixed in with more production as Offense comes together should allow Bills to build a stronger point differential down the stretch.  It all leads to winning!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Go Bills! 

Yep- it shows as the season goes on the team continues to improve! It also shows the culture change recognizes adversity and overcomes it.

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Go Bills! 

You had me until the "if you factor in preseason"...

32 minutes ago, ngbills said:

You had me until the "if you factor in preseason"...

It is only pertinent to this discussion because we won them all. If we had a losing preseason record, not relevant. I find I always want to win preseason games. It does say something--granted, not much, but generally something good.

36 minutes ago, CSBill said:

It is only pertinent to this discussion because we won them all. If we had a losing preseason record, not relevant. I find I always want to win preseason games. It does say something--granted, not much, but generally something good.

No it doesn't say anything. Preseason games are designed to evaluate talent, and limit injuries, not to win games. I've seen teams in the past down by 3 in the 4th quarter, just kneel the ball to end the game. This stupid thread made me look back at what happened, and the Viking in no way cared if they won that 4th preseason game, and buffalo did. Resulting in an insane comeback.

I mean a strong case can be made that this team is a Gilmore miss tackle or good special teams blocking play away from 7-0 this year. 

I look at this weekends game as being so huge for us because I cannot remember the last time we started 6-1 and missed the playoffs. I can recall fairly easily starting 5-1 and missing the playoffs.

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Or this stat. The Bills have only beaten 2 teams with a winning record over the past 22 games or 4 over the past 39 games. 

Learning to win is a process, and once winning becomes the norm, losing is not an option and you'll do whatever it takes to remain on top. 

Baby steps lead to a sprint. 

Im proud of this team and what they've done more than I have in a very LONG time, and I believe McD is the best person to lead us to the promised land. 

• Like (+1) 1