Strong winds forecasted for Bills v Birds

YoloinOhio

51 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Could be fun with 2 run-game oriented coaches and 2 big-armed QBs 

or boring  with no passing. I hate windy games...I'll take rain , snow, cold...wind just ruins a game

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I always think of field goals and how the wind swirls in that stadium. Hopefully if it comes down to a House Money field goal with time running out it’s with the wind and short. 

Bingo.  Our kicker knows the winds at the Ralph.  Their's doesn't.

4 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Eagles run defense is good so this is disadvantage bills. 

Eagles run defense is 7th, we're 10th -- the difference is less than 2 ypg. Meanwhile, Bills are 7th in rushing offense, Eagles 14th -- that difference is 24 ypg, so how exactly is this "disadvantage bills." Or were you joking?

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thank you ‘Tom Jolls’! 

Football weather!

Forecast at home in Florida where I’m watching the game will be climate controlled 72 degrees and calm -well, temperature-wise anyway. A bit warmer when I step out on the patio to chain smoke.. 

Yeah, but, yr still in Florida ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

For all our foul weather notoriety (Deserved!), the wildest weather game ever, imo, was at Home vs the Cardinals in 1990. Winter Hell blew in during the game as the weather turned from Autumn to blizzard Winter in the span of time it took to play the game. Team benches were blown out halfway onto the field! Punts went backward! We blew them out 45-10, but it took me 8 hours to get home to Dansville, having to get out and push a couple times. It was insane!

Yeah, but in Buffalo specifically, ‘wait 5 minutes’ means you’ll hate it even more!

32 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

LOL 

You live (or lived) in Dansville?  

My wife's best friend grew up there.

When I was hunting (eons ago) we'd stop for breakfast in come diner on one of the main strips and every time I make a trip up to Roch we always stop at the Dunkin Donuts for coffee and a snack 

My father’s family is from the Dansville, Wayland, and Springwater areas. I used to go there to visit relatives when I was a kid.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

LOL 

You live (or lived) in Dansville?  

My wife's best friend grew up there.

When I was hunting (eons ago) we'd stop for breakfast in come diner on one of the main strips and every time I make a trip up to Roch we always stop at the Dunkin Donuts for coffee and a snack 

Yep. I was the inspection manager at Foster Wheeler. Thought I’d retire there. Then, after 105 years, they closed it down and moved it to China. Been based in Florida ever since. Fun fact; the nearby town of Retsof is Foster spelled backward. Ole’ Pel had the city named after him!

Edit: Dansville diner was called The Coffee Cup -on Main Street.

F004B20C-B81C-444C-BE43-11D3B5EEF7CD.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yep. I was the inspection manager at Foster Wheeler. Thought I’d retire there. Then, after 105 years, they closed it down and moved it to China. Been based in Florida ever since. Fun fact; the nearby town of Retsof is Foster spelled backward. Ole’ Pel had the city named after him!

Edit: Dansville diner was called The Coffee Cup -on Main Street.

F004B20C-B81C-444C-BE43-11D3B5EEF7CD.jpeg

That's the place !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Eagles run defense is 7th, we're 10th -- the difference is less than 2 ypg. Meanwhile, Bills are 7th in rushing offense, Eagles 14th -- that difference is 24 ypg, so how exactly is this "disadvantage bills." Or were you joking?

All that chatter this week has been that their Secondary is sooooo bad, and their run game is pretty good. The reason is that they keep an extra man in the box, leaving their inadequate secondary out on islands. It was getting to the point that Schwartz was going to have to adjust.  However, in a game like this, with this weather, he will not have to. It is tough because we are not going to be able to take advantage of their weakest link.  

On the other hand, we are a strong pass defense than a rush defense. Maybe we can put an extra man in the box as well to compensate, but them having to run forces them into our weaker link. 

You go into a game ready to attack other teams weaknesses. This weather means we cannot attack theirs, while also encouraging them to attack ours.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

All that chatter this week has been that their Secondary is sooooo bad, and their run game is pretty good. The reason is that they keep an extra man in the box, leaving their inadequate secondary out on islands. It was getting to the point that Schwartz was going to have to adjust.  However, in a game like this, with this weather, he will not have to. It is tough because we are not going to be able to take advantage of their weakest link.  

On the other hand, we are a strong pass defense than a rush defense. Maybe we can put an extra man in the box as well to compensate, but them having to run forces them into our weaker link. 

You go into a game ready to attack other teams weaknesses. This weather means we cannot attack theirs, while also encouraging them to attack ours.  

Every time I see that written about an opponent it turns out NOT to be true when the Bills play that team. 

Looks like around 20 mph winds probably with some higher gusts to maybe 30 or 35...its somewhat windy but not THAT windy by comparison to what we are used to here...

I'd expect it to affect the kicking game the most, especially punting

Throw deep when we are against the wind.  Solution for Allen overthrowing.

1 hour ago, eball said:

As of right now you're looking at 18-20 mph winds and about an 80% chance of showers during gametime.  Fun stuff.

Sounds like the rain is supposed to stop by game time, maybe a small shower later around halftime.  These fields drain very well.  So hopefully it's just a wet ball issue and not sloppy/slippery field as well.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Time for Roberts to run one back off a kickoff into the wind!

A) One of their guys will likely need to "Lucy" the football for the kicker so it doesn't blow off the tee, giving him a late start down the field

B) Against the wind, kicker is less likely to make the end zone, giving Roberts a chance