Pulled over for DUI? It may not be your fault...

"Auto Brewery Syndrome"

https://www.pennlive.com/food/2019/10/mans-stomach-was-brewing-its-own-beer.html?outputType=amp

"Police and doctors didn't believe a 46-year-old man who swore that he hadn't had alcohol before he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.

His blood alcohol level was 0.2, more than twice the legal limit for operating a car. He refused a breathalyzer test, was hospitalized and later released. But the facts remained in contention.

Then researchers discovered the unusual truth: Fungi in the man's digestive system was turning carbohydrates into alcohol - a rarely diagnosed condition known as "auto-brewery syndrome."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"Auto Brewery Syndrome"

https://www.pennlive.com/food/2019/10/mans-stomach-was-brewing-its-own-beer.html?outputType=amp

"Police and doctors didn't believe a 46-year-old man who swore that he hadn't had alcohol before he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.

His blood alcohol level was 0.2, more than twice the legal limit for operating a car. He refused a breathalyzer test, was hospitalized and later released. But the facts remained in contention.

Then researchers discovered the unusual truth: Fungi in the man's digestive system was turning carbohydrates into alcohol - a rarely diagnosed condition known as "auto-brewery syndrome."

Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

"Police and doctors didn't believe a 46-year-old man  FONT looks so much better...  Or are you in need of Reading glasses old man? 

I swear occifer, I'm cerfectly pober 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

"Police and doctors didn't believe a 46-year-old man  FONT looks so much better...  Or are you in need of Reading glasses old man? 

I swear occifer, I'm cerfectly pober 

I know. I normally do.

It was cut and paste.  Forgot to format it back to normal plain next.  I was ill.  Would you buy that excuse?

http://www.toltecspirit.com

4 Agreements, #4:

4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.

Really?  Are you being: "That Guy?"

?

I was testing all you slobs!  See what happens when I spoil everyone! LMAO... They demand more.  ???

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

:lol:   just busting on you EII 

lets blame Gug  

I know... I saw that and just too damn lazy to correct.  LoL...  I saw this book sitting on the living room basket:

51OhPgIgevL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I figure I give it a whirl! Wife's book...  I tell my kids all the time: "Your mother's right, she's really up on things." LMAO... Even if she is practicing doing nothing!  I try it one time and get busted by Shady!

This has been test, only a test. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"Auto Brewery Syndrome"

Years ago I saw an episode of a lawyer show that stuck in my mind.   It might have been a Perry Mason.   Anyway, someone was on trial for doing something while drunk, although the guy on trial said he didn't drink.  At the end of the show the lawyer had the court verify he was not drunk, and then gave the defendant soda crackers.  After a few crackers and a little time, the defendant was dead drunk.  The defendant was not guilty.   I always wondered if there was any facts related to the premise.  I guess so.  Now off to google to see if I can find the episode.

I haven't found an episode but it could just as well have been an "Andy Griffith show" episode.

Edited by Greybeard
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Years ago I saw an episode of a lawyer show that stuck in my mind.   It might have been a Perry Mason.   Anyway, someone was on trial for doing something while drunk, although the guy on trial said he didn't drink.  At the end of the show the lawyer had the court verify he was not drunk, and then gave the defendant soda crackers.  After a few crackers and a little time, the defendant was dead drunk.  The defendant was not guilty.   I always wondered if there was any facts related to the premise.  I guess so.  Now off to google to see if I can find the episode.

I haven't found an episode but it could just as well have been an "Andy Griffith show" episode.

I doubt Otis woulda killed three people on a rampage from soda crackers 

36 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I know... I saw that and just too damn lazy to correct.  LoL...  I saw this book sitting on the living room basket:

I figure I give it a whirl! Wife's book...  I tell my kids all the time: "Your mother's right, she's really up on things." LMAO... Even if she is practicing doing nothing!  I try it one time and get busted by Shady!

This has been test, only a test. ?

TIP # 2....

see the Tx next to the Size  

Select the large font and then click the T to clear formatting 

I'll send you the bill 

• Awesome! (+1) 1