Anyone see Josh Allen as an extension of your personality?

Another Fan

Reading these boards the first few weeks of the year it seems discussing Allen is an emotional topic around here.  Imo some fans here will go at any length to defend him.  Which is understandable to me to some degree.  Josh certainly has a lot of likable traits to him to say the least.  Hard worker, humble, seemingly willing to improve himself, donates money to charity every TD pass, started at a junior college, hangs out at local high school games, etc...   Heck even some of his negative traits on the field is trying to do too much and willing to risk injury for the betterment of the team.  The twitter posts he did were dumb but hey who hasn't said stupid things when they were a kid.  I'm sure if I looked in my post history here there's some stupid stuff.  

So I tried to make the case he's a likable/relatable dude.  That being said I could separate the person from the football player.  I've always been in the middle on Josh from when he got drafted.  On draft night I didn't have a strong opinion on him.  Saw it as time will tell if he was a smart pick.  Today still in the middle, see things I like but still areas he can improve on.   He may or may not be the next Jim Kelly.  I've never played the game professionally and am just another fan though.  Hence the user name.

I'd admit there's a little of me that gets annoyed when outside fans might question his abilities.  I think it's because of his personality traits.  

Edited by Another Fan
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Reading these boards the first few weeks of the year it seems discussing Allen is an emotional topic around here.  Imo some fans here will go at any length to defend him.  Which is understandable to me to some degree.  Josh certainly has a lot of likable traits to him to say the least.  Hard worker, humble, seemingly willing to improve himself, donates money to charity every TD pass, started at a junior college, hangs out at local high school games, etc...   Heck even some of his negative traits on the field is trying to do too much and willing to risk injury for the betterment of the team.  The twitter posts he did were dumb but hey who hasn't said stupid things when they were a kid.  I'm sure if I looked in my post history here there's some stupid stuff.  

So I tried to make the case he's a likable/relatable dude.  That being said I could separate the person from the football player.  I've always been in the middle on Josh from when he got drafted.  On draft night I didn't have a strong onion on him.  Saw it as time will tell if he was a smart pick.  Today still in the middle, see things I like but still areas he can improve on.   He may or may not be the next Jim Kelly.  I've never played the game professionally and am just another fan though.  Hence the user name.

I'd admit there's a little of me that gets annoyed when outside fans might question his abilities.  I think it's because of his personality traits.  

Personally, I love the guy. But, I would look ridiculous in skinny jeans, so... no, not an extension of my personality. I just enjoy being a fan.

(Regarding the bolded), I don't think you need to look too far...

Someone who is pro-Allen is so because of an emotional fixation, and not because he’s shown himself to be a good football player, who, even with mistakes is still way ahead of where the so-called experts (who now say he’s garbage because he isn’t perfect) say he was supposed to be?

Got it.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsFanInCt74 said:

Ya know Jim kelly had only a 60.1 comp% .  I think that is very doable for josh over his career if not better

Average completion percentage Kelly at age 30 was 56.0%.  Average completion percentage last year was 64.9%.  Different eras.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Another Fan said:

So I tried to make the case he's a likable/relatable dude.  That being said I could separate the person from the football player.  I've always been in the middle on Josh from when he got drafted.  On draft night I didn't have a strong onion on him.  Saw it as time will tell if he was a smart pick.  

Onions make me cry!!! ?

Edited by FLbills

The night of the Josh Allen NFL draft - my wife and I were on vacation in Charleston, S.C.

We went to dinner at a place that had a large TV that they changed to the NFL draft for us...ummm - l mean for me lol.

Honestly l was not happy because l read all the negatives about Allen and was concerned he could be as good as he has been.  The trading up to get Edmunds made me feel better.

As a fan - because l am happier when we are winning -  any Bills player is an extension of my personality maybe Allen a little more because he is a likable guy and hard worker. 

Ironically, his last name is my first name so hearing my buddies yell "Alright Allen!" sounds a lot better to me than "Awe #&#^% Allen!" lol 

• Like (+1) 1