College basketball 2019-20

YoloinOhio

Just now, JohnC said:

You need to hook up with @Plezmd1. He's looking for a benefactor. ?

@plenzmd1 is actually MY benefactor! And maybe my worst enemy.....unless I beat him out for that role. That nut job picks me up at the hotel at 6:30am to get to Hammers lot just in time to.....be early to the party, but just in time. ? 

I owe him beers, at least. He KILLS it on the wings post-game! 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

@plenzmd1 is actually MY benefactor! And maybe my worst enemy.....unless I beat him out for that role. That nut job picks me up at the hotel at 6:30am to get to Hammers lot just in time to.....be early to the party, but just in time. ? 

I owe him beers, at least. He KILLS it on the wings post-game! 

Now that I know that you have a relationship with him I have altered my benevolent opinion of you. You now fall into the disreputable category because of your questionable association. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Now that I know that you have a relationship with him I have altered my benevolent opinion of you. You now fall into the disreputable category because of your questionable association. ?

I do not blame you for questioning my decision making ability. I often question that myself......and I give myself mixed reviews.  ?‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

All starts Tuesday with a big pair of games

i like these great early games but it gives legit top teams an L or two to start, while Gonzogapoop or whatever plays NOBODY and gets a top seed in March over these teams....

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

All starts Tuesday with a big pair of games

i like these great early games but it gives legit top teams an L or two to start, while Gonzogapoop or whatever plays NOBODY and gets a top seed in March over these teams....

the Pac 8 or 10 or 12 or whatever it calls itself?

Really?

(shiver me timbers....)

I tune in to listen to Bill Walton do his magic, his playing days practically the last time in my life the Pac 8/10/12 was feared.

they play ONE GAME!!!  all season.... look out....

they got to the Final one year not playing anyone in the top 50 after December 1st, even March Madness gave them a cupcake run right to the final of low ranked opponents.

Xavier with a comfortable win over (the horrible) Jacksonville. AP has X at #19 to start season. We don’t have enough sharp shooters, so it will be a challenging year in our second season with Travis Steele as coach. Great recruiter and lots of talent, should be great on the defensive end......but these days you need shooters. It’s made even more difficult moving the arc back. I’d be thrilled to finish the season at #19, gets good seed then go on a roll!  It could happen. Upcoming recruiting classes look very promising! 

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Saint Mary's with an overtime win over Wisconsin.

WOW! I don’t know much about either team this year, but that seems like a HUGE upset. St Mary’s is often good, but Wisconsin is almost ALWAYS very solid. I’m sure they will grow from this. 

Funny story....I was in. Orlando a few years ago for the NCAA tournament with Xavier in town. Wisconsin fans were there for a warm weather adventure even though their team was elsewhere. They had me laughing at the bar the first night so I bought them a pitcher of beer. Oh LORDY! You’d have thought I’d have donated an organ so one of them could live! I had my X crowd in town, but I was an honorary member of the  Wisky  crowd! These guys were Bills tailgate nuts! 

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

WOW! I don’t know much about either team this year, but that seems like a HUGE upset. St Mary’s is often good, but Wisconsin is almost ALWAYS very solid. I’m sure they will grow from this. 

Funny story....I was in. Orlando a few years ago for the NCAA tournament with Xavier in town. Wisconsin fans were there for a warm weather adventure even though their team was elsewhere. They had me laughing at the bar the first night so I bought them a pitcher of beer. Oh LORDY! You’d have thought I’d have donated an organ so one of them could live! I had my X crowd in town, but I was an honorary member of the  Wisky  crowd! These guys were Bills tailgate nuts! 

Saint Mary's is ranked # 20, and Wisconsin is unranked.

Still, that is a big win for the Gaels. They always seem to put together solid teams, even though they are overshadowed by Gonzaga.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Still, that is a big win for the Gaels. They always seem to put together solid teams, even though they are overshadowed by Gonzaga.

Interesting. Wisconsin always seems to be there late in the year. They knocked X out of the Dance a few years ago with a fallaway prayer from the corner at the buzzer. I can forgive. When I walked around Wisconsin wearing my Bills gear a couple years ago before the game there, I heard multiple times “welcome to Wisconsin”. WHAT?  They are SO polite! Wild, but polite! 

That win will be huge for St Mary’s come seeding time. 

23 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I caught it late, but I think St Mary’s blew a lead and lost to Georgetown? I tend to like St Mary’s, but have to cheer all BE OOC wins. Great win for Georgetown. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I caught it late, but I think St Mary’s blew a lead and lost to Georgetown? I tend to like St Mary’s, but have to cheer all BE OOC wins. Great win for Georgetown. 

Georgetown beat Mount Saint Mary's. Different college. :D

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Georgetown beat Mount Saint Mary's. Different college. :D

Thx, just caught a half second blurb. Almost backed it up, but you have no idea how lazy I am! I should have known Georgetown couldn’t beat a really GOOD team (until they play Xavier and shoot 19-20 beyond the arc in the  night they will tell their grandchildren about, of course).

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Thx, just caught a half second blurb. Almost backed it up, but you have no idea how lazy I am! I should have known Georgetown couldn’t beat a really GOOD team (until they play Xavier and shoot 19-20 beyond the arc in the  night they will tell their grandchildren about, of course).

Or that Saint Mary's plays every night!