Accents

If a woman is yelling at you and belittling you, it seems more natural if she has an Irish or Scottish accent.

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Scottish then Irish 

And I'll bet ... you would still get tired of the woman for talking ALL day 

• Haha (+1) 1

One of my oldest friends moved to Australia ~30 years ago. We talk on occasion on VOIP. His accent isn’t full on “Crocodile Dundee” but you’d never think he was ever an American. It’s kinda funny when he uses words I hadn’t heard in that context. Been a while. I should call him.

59 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Better than this ?

I worked in California with a woman from  Hamilton and di my accent. She  said it was good.  I learned it from  watching Toromnto TV with the rotating antenna back in the 70s.

Just now, Rocket94 said:

I encounter accents from around the world where I work. Accents from India, Russia, China, the middle east and Spanish. Funny thing is, everyone speaks English...even amongst themselves! Americanization on display!

i highly doubt that in private people are speaking English if it's their 3rd language

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Before I moved to Texas, I loved the southern accent. Now it's whatever to me. My wife was born and raised in Texas, both of her parents had pretty strong southern accents, but she fought against it growing up and doesn't really have one.

do they change it depending on the immediate company?