Bills to wear all blue vs Eagles

Yav

1 hour ago, Simstim said:

Um, there are other teams that use different helmet colors for their throwback uniforms.

9dd68fb7-9615-4f4c-916b-ce9bda7e8b65-lar

cohen.jpg?itok=7DEZROBP

So I find it somewhat unlikely that there is a reason other than the Bills organization simply don't want to use the red helmets.

Sadly.

They just changed the striping on the helmets. The color remains the same. The bills do the same when they wear their throwbacks. Unfortunately the league has a rule in place that only allows one helmet color to be used throughout a season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

They just changed the striping on the helmets. The color remains the same. The bills do the same when they wear their throwbacks. Unfortunately the league has a rule in place that only allows one helmet color to be used throughout a season. 

that yellow isnt the normal yellow of green bay.

4 hours ago, Simstim said:

Um, there are other teams that use different helmet colors for their throwback uniforms.

So I find it somewhat unlikely that there is a reason other than the Bills organization simply don't want to use the red helmets.

Sadly.

Here is article from this year on one helmet rule

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfls-silly-one-helmet-rule-throws-wrench-in-throwbacks/ar-BBVpnSG

The league, citing concerns regarding head injuries, began limiting players to one helmet per year earlier this decade. This means that any throwback or alternate uniforms must rely on the base color of the team’s one helmet.

On one hand, one helmet is good, because the ongoing Nikefication of the NFL surely would result in some teams having umpteen helmets. On the other hand, why not let players have a second helmet? If it’s the same make and model as the helmet the player already wears, what’s the risk?

Perhaps it’s an issue that the owners will take up at the May meeting, given that there’s still time to plan another widespread throwback program for the league’s 100th season, allowing teams like Tampa Bay to break out Bucco Bruce, New England to open up Pat Patriot, the Titans (not Texans) to slap oil derricks onto white (or sky blue) helmets, the Seahawks to resort to silver, the Eagles to mingle in Kelly green, and the Vikings to ditch the matte finish for old-school shiny purple plus two-dimensional horns.

Maybe they changed the rule for anniversary year (I would think we would have heard that news), teams are able to file exceptions or teams repainted them I do not know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

that yellow isnt the normal yellow of green bay.

It actually is which is bizarre as the decal really masks the ugliness of the helmet.  They had to stop wearing the brown helmets when the league instituted the rule in 2013.  They can't paint them because it takes too long to dry.  Apparently.  Dumb rule.

2010_RodgersHelmet2_2_preview.jpg

helmet.jpg.b28e2a81a70eee4a2e5fa7c4134041b7.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Steptide said:

I love the all blue. 

the all white with the standing bison is still the best, but all one color is OK.   blue moreso than red, but red is my favorite color, so liked that too.   If it were me , I'd alternate the all whites (standing bison), all blues and all reds.   guess I like color

11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Because it is required to use same helmet each week unless it is damaged.  You cannot switch between helmets and repainting helmets and then repainting them again is a lot of work.

It’s not all that much work anymore. A friend of mine owns part of a company that’ll place a full helmet decal over the regular helmet. They’re not intended to be permanent but the decal will last for a week. It was originally marketed to high schools and other programs having shallower pockets for application during homecoming or rivalry weeks. Look it up. Pretty darn cool idea really.  Gamedayskinz.

12 hours ago, Bangarang said:

My least favorite uniforms on back to back weeks. I’d appreciate if Kim Pegula called me before the team made these decisions. 

Haha. The red unis are awful - it's a pats uni. Doesn't look like the bills.

3rd uni should be the classic

12 hours ago, stosh64 said:

Why can't they do a early 90s, blue jersey/white pants throwback complete with the red helmet sometime?

bruce-smith_medium.jpg

Yeah totally

2 hours ago, WizdomCalling said:

Throw this combo in the trash!  ?

Let's just go with the Blue tops with white pants for home games.

All whites for away games.

If we HAVE  to wear the red uni ... Red top with white pants. 

If we go with this 3 sets we'd win best uni combos in the league.

Yeah like others have said. Forget the red uni but change the helmet to red for the 3rd

• Thank you (+1) 1