Josh Gordon is about to be available

HappyDays

All this speculation is for naught. If he goes on waivers chances are he doesn't get to us.

The Patriots are expected to waive Gordon off injured reserve once he’s cleared, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL, allowing Gordon to play with another team this season. If they waive him after Tuesday’s trade deadline, Gordon would be subject to waivers.

That would improve New England’s chances of keeping Gordon away from an AFC competitor with the worst teams getting the first shots at waiver claims.

24 minutes ago, BILLSCRAZY3024 said:

Personally I’d rather look into stealing AJ Green. Money talks and everyone is for sale in this league.Go after AJ so we can have a true number 1 

Can't get on board with this. Until I see something or some link saying the Bengals will consider something less than a 1st Round Pick, I say NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.  Not only does he have knowledge of the Patriots playbook, arguably our biggest competition this season, he's a phenomenal player when healthy.  Him opposite John Brown would be killer.

and New England who  are short wide outs ...are releasing him. They dion't let too many go that can still play, or how about any.  His terrific player when healthy days are getting to be further and further back. Buyer beware

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Pats have sanu now with Harry set to return off Ir. Gordon expendable. 

and WHO in their right mind would want 3 or 4 good wide outs? in todays NFL  if he could still play at a high level the Patriots would not be releasing him

10 hours ago, NoSaint said:

he doesn’t have to be all pro but if you can put him outside, and take some pressure off brown/beasley the whole unit should be better at little to no expense 

i was hoping they would use foster to do that....but then again if josh can't start connecting...

13 hours ago, BILLSCRAZY3024 said:

No thank you on Gordon. He has drug issues and is starting to get hurt a lot more now. Not worth the $$$ or draft pick. Pass on this off field problem. I wished Beane got off his beane bag and traded for Sanu when he was available. Now Patsies got him and the rich continues to get richer. UGH! 

Wasnt aware we had to give up a draft pick to sign a FA.?

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

All this speculation is for naught. If he goes on waivers chances are he doesn't get to us.

The Patriots are expected to waive Gordon off injured reserve once he’s cleared, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL, allowing Gordon to play with another team this season. If they waive him after Tuesday’s trade deadline, Gordon would be subject to waivers.

That would improve New England’s chances of keeping Gordon away from an AFC competitor with the worst teams getting the first shots at waiver claims.

Can't get on board with this. Until I see something or some link saying the Bengals will consider something less than a 1st Round Pick, I say NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Does he not have enough time to avoid waivers.

29 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Wasnt aware we had to give up a draft pick to sign a FA.?

Does he not have enough time to avoid waivers.

Per PFT:

• Like (+1) 1

Over the last 5 years he has averaged like 20 catches, 300 yards and a TD.   He cannot make it with the Patriots/Brady.    I get it, he is talented (or at one time he was.) but he cannot be trusted to live up to it.   I don't think we want this team to take this guy on, I don't see why.  Even if he were to work out, the chances of a relapse are sky high.