Josh Gordon is about to be available

HappyDays

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

only if released before the trade deadline. After the trade deadline everyone has to pass thru waivers 

the crazy part... this is still his RFA season right? He’s still never been a free agent? And may be cut and still not be one til March?

3 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

The Bills tried to get Antonio Brown.  Clearly they believe our culture can weather a WR with a past.

A phone call about a position of need is called due diligence. If Beane didn’t call about AB and get the facts, we would  all be upset. 

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Do we???

Does McD and Beane?

Does he fit in the process? 

The guys biggest knock is he can’t put down the left handed cigarettes. The way things are going I expect the new CBA to remove marijuana from the drugs tested. 

32 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

only if released before the trade deadline. After the trade deadline everyone has to pass thru waivers 

That being the case, we know if Pats are gonna release Gordon, it will be Wednesday at 4:35 pm or whenever the trading deadline ends.

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So it goes from current record? Does that mean we're like 5th from last or 4th since the Patriots don't count.

I have been looking at this, and as far as I can tell it goes on 2019 draft order. 

But I'd be happy to have that point clarified.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

As far as I know he kept his head down and didn't cause any problems there. Of course there's possibly something else to this story, I'm not sure why they're moving on.

I agree. Once in Buffalo he'd fall off wagon right quick. Soon to be stumbling down Elmwood asking where JP Bullfeathers is. No Thanks 

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have been looking at this, and as far as I can tell it goes on 2019 draft order. 

After week 3, it's current standings.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That being the case, we know if Pats are gonna release Gordon, it will be Wednesday at 4:35 pm or whenever the trading deadline ends.

So this article says after week 3 it's based on current record.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/8/30/20840167/how-nfl-waivers-work

• Thank you (+1) 1

The bills are the same team to have attempted a trade for Antonio brown, successfully traded for kelvin benjamin and signed Richie incognito - players who don’t come across as character players. I think they finally understand that their core has enough strong leadership and character to cure a cancer in the locker room if brought in. 

Edited by Bills!Win!

4 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Does this mean they are expecting something from the NFL - another suspension?

Seems strange with the timing that just as he is coming back they do this - not a week or so ago.

Not sure I do anything until I am sure of the whole story.

good question ?????

4 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

The bills are the same team to have attempted a trade for Antonio brown, successfully traded for kelvin benjamin and signed Richie incognito - players who don’t come across as character players. I think they finally understand that their core has enough strong leadership and character to cure a cancer in the locker room if brought in. 

Is he really a Cancer in the locker room though? From what I've read he just had an extremely difficult childhood and battles with substance abuse. I guess from a "letting down your team" standpoint he might be but havent heard about him being a destroyer otherwise..

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

So he has not done it in 6 years but when the bills sign him we expect it to happen?

I did not realize it had been that long- I though do think he might work with Josh because of Josh and his improvising. But my expectations would now be " this is a complete flyer"

18 minutes ago, mattynh said:

So he has not done it in 6 years but when the bills sign him we expect it to happen?

I agree, Gordon is a big name because he had a monster season back in 2013 with bums playing QB in Cleveland. He’s an average WR production wise ever since.