Josh Gordon is about to be available

HappyDays

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Good points, I just don’t know if Gordon’s current production levels are worthy of dealing with his baggage and potential for future transgressions. If Beane is stressed enough about the position to bring in a guy like Gordon, he should have considered drafting a WR earlier. Make a deal for AJ Green, or Keenan Allen,  then I’ll be interested. 

Yeah, as usual somethings fishy in Foxboro. 

I agree something seems off, and I’d love to shoot higher (been banging that drum all year)....

but assuming nothing crazy comes out I’d rather see him than senorise perry on our offensive depth chart, in the simplest terms. He isn’t my absolute top choice but I think we are better with that move than no move at all, unless dirt comes out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I agree something seems off, and I’d love to shoot higher (been banging that drum all year)....

but assuming nothing crazy comes out I’d rather see him than senorise perry on our offensive depth chart, in the simplest terms. He isn’t my absolute top choice but I think we are better with that move than no move at all, unless dirt comes out. 

You’re looking at it the right way. If you bring in a guy like that, you just look at him as quality depth. We are lacking at that position. I take issue with anyone who thinks Gordon is a number one,

or can produce like an elite talent. Otherwise, anything is an improvement. 

2 hours ago, Devilmann said:

He’s a phenomenal talent and he can easily take over a game but his past is what easily makes me say no. If it’s a contract that’s for the rest of the year only then I’d consider it. 

When was the last time he took over a game?

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

I doubt he knows the playbook. 

Gordon isn’t a Leodis. If you find an interview, he’s fairly articulate and intelligent sounding. In two years in NE, I’m sure he’s got that playbook down solid.

From what I’ve seen, he’s also been a good blocker in NE.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'm pretty he becomes a free agent if I'm reading the reports correctly.

only if released before the trade deadline. After the trade deadline everyone has to pass thru waivers 

Edited by MAJBobby

27 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I would be leary of a move like this. The Pats don't just dump talented players for nothing while using resources to grab someone else. They didn't have to put him on IR if there was going to be a worry that he could come back and they would have to chose him or someone else. I would think theres a chance he is facing some discipline or isn't what he used to be...

The Pats dump talent all the time. 

Belichick is weird when it comes to personnel. Meyers is an up and comer, Sanu is healthier and has the edge on Gordon, Harry coming back.

Gordon is just the odd man out... don’t believe everything you read, Demarius Thomas looked decent for the Jets, but leaving Nee England he was a “health concern”, Ramsey didn’t play for Jax for 2 games due to a “back” issue. Gets to LA and is fine.

Im sure Gordon is banged up, but Belichick is like “Whatever, we got Meyers, and Harry stepping up, I’ll go get a Sanu and you just relax Gordon, you take care of yourself”, and Belichick could care less and moves on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Amazing to me people done want to pick up a talented player on a very cheap and manageable contract. But want to trade Assets for AJ Green who hasn’t seen the field at all this year. 

Seriously. The guy is 6'3" 225 and runs like a gazelle. Just pay the guy and make it happen. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

only if released before the trade deadline. After the trade deadline everyone has to pass thru waivers 

Just thinking about the guy’s mental health and potential substance abuse relapse issues, the dumpster fire that is Miami seems like the worst possible landing spot for him.

Im pulling for the guy’s success wherever he goes, I hope it isn’t there.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Amazing to me people done want to pick up a talented player on a very cheap and manageable contract. But want to trade Assets for AJ Green who hasn’t seen the field at all this year. 

I honestly want both. Trade for AJ right now and hope you can grab Gordon later. Overload Josh's choices for where to go with the ball. I know I'm crazy but I just would love an offense with Brown, Green, Gordon and Beasley. Sadly, I don't really see us getting either of them. 

2 minutes ago, eanyills said:

Just thinking about the guy’s mental health and potential substance abuse relapse issues, the dumpster fire that is Miami seems like the worst possible landing spot for him.

Im pulling for the guy’s success wherever he goes, I hope it isn’t there.

The Honorable thing for an organization to do would be to cut him before the deadline and allow him to choose where he wants to play.

Since we're dealing with NE however I expect he'll end up with the Dolphins or Skins and spiral out of the game from there. 

This is likely part of Belicheck's master plan.  "Hey coach...Bills are close to trading for AJ Green, Diggs, Mike Evans, or K Allen". "What can we do?". "Start a rumor that we are going to release Josh Gordon".  "Reports are that the Bills are no longer interested in trading for a WR".

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So it goes from current record? Does that mean we're like 5th from last or 4th since the Patriots don't count.

Edited by Warcodered