Josh Gordon is about to be available

HappyDays

49 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That he becomes part of the offense (even if just a small part, as I don’t think he’s close to being a game changing guy) , and the team is quickly forced to adjust to life without him after he gets suspended. I’d prefer to work with what we have. He’s been unreliable his entire career, and I don’t like messing with team chemistry. 

If our teams that delicate it wasn’t working in the first place 

37 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Dude hasn’t had a 50 catch season in five years or something, and people here are getting excited about him. 

Lucky we don’t need him to catch the ball 50 times!

27 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I think that Gordon is well past his prime.  His recent track record on the field is nothing impressive.  His off the field track record is not good and he just doesn't seem like a guy that would fit with the current team chemistry.  Of course, I didn't think Antonio Brown fit our chemistry/culture either and we kicked the tires there, but he has proven to be far worse of a character than was known at the time.  Back to Gordon, I would take a pass and I think that the Bills will too.

Last year he was 18 yards a catch and put up 40 catches in 11 games joining a team mid season. 

that’s actually impressive 

I would not touch this.  If the Pats are dumping him then there is a serious problem.  All the Pats care about is winning Super Bowls.  They don't care how and they don't care what people thin or say about the how.  Gordon is extremely talented and could only help them win a SB.  Seems like he has a big issue that nobody knows about.

Edited by Scott7975

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If our teams that delicate it wasn’t working in the first place 

Lucky we don’t need him to catch the ball 50 times!

Last year he was 18 yards a catch and put up 40 catches in 11 games joining a team mid season. 

that’s actually impressive 

I just don’t think 40 catches in 11 games with Brady is that great for a guy with Gordon’s ability. Those 40 catches were also his best season in years. Assessing Gordon depends upon ones opinion of Brady. I see Brady as a great QB with below average outside WR’s for the past few seasons. Gordon is a guy who most likely becomes a nobody elsewhere. With that said, other people around TBD are wrongly convinced that Brady is washed up. 

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I just don’t think 40 catches in 11 games with Brady is that great for a guy with Gordon’s ability. Those 40 catches were also his best season in years. Assessing Gordon depends upon ones opinion of Brady. I see Brady as a great QB with below average outside WR’s for the past few seasons. Gordon is a guy who most likely becomes a nobody elsewhere. With that said, other people around TBD are wrongly convinced that Brady is washed up. 

to tell the whole story they were his best season since the last time he played a season though. 

and 40 in 11 translates to just shy of 60, for just shy of 1100 yards while leading the league in ypc if you extrapolate to a full season.

And ignore that he joined the team mid season (to address all the concerns about chemistry joining a team mid season)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

yeah they traded for Sanu and have Neal coming back from IR. Josh Gordon is the odd man out. 

If after due diligence that is all - I might kick the tires - especially if after this year he becomes a FA and you can maybe get a pick out of this.

He would give you the speed on the outside with a better catch radius.

It may also work out if someone gets hurt around that time.

Just now, NoSaint said:

to tell the whole story they were his best season since the last time he played a season though. 

and 40 in 11 translates to just shy of 60, for just shy of 1100 yards while leading the league in ypc if you extrapolate to a full season.

And ignore that he joined the team mid season (to address all the concerns about chemistry joining a team mid season)

He wasn’t bad last year, the issue is that it was his only relevant season outside of 2013. That’s not a guy who the thought of being on the roster excites me. I wouldn’t go crazy if my team signed the guy, I’m just saying that I wouldn’t expect much. Lots of people are talking like he’d be an instant impact player on the Bills, and I can’t see that being so certain. 

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Actually, now that I read into the details, it looks like he was just the victim of a numbers game.  It was basically him or Wynn and the Pats needed the OL help more than the receiver help with Harry coming off IR.  Gordon isn't under contract next season and he's been chronically nicked up this year.  I'd definitely kick the tires if I were the Bills.

If this is the scenario, the Pats ** must like Neal more than Gordon because they could have left Neal on IR?

Edited by Manther

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't the player he was. 

That's okay, I'm not expecting a true #1 receiver at this point in the season. If he's an upgrade on Duke Williams I'll still kick the tires. I don't see a downside.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

I would be leary of a move like this. The Pats don't just dump talented players for nothing while using resources to grab someone else. They didn't have to put him on IR if there was going to be a worry that he could come back and they would have to chose him or someone else. I would think theres a chance he is facing some discipline or isn't what he used to be...

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

He wasn’t bad last year, the issue is that it was his only relevant season outside of 2013. That’s not a guy who the thought of being on the roster excites me. I wouldn’t go crazy if my team signed the guy, I’m just saying that I wouldn’t expect much. Lots of people are talking like he’d be an instant impact player on the Bills, and I can’t see that being so certain. 

he doesn’t have to be all pro but if you can put him outside, and take some pressure off brown/beasley the whole unit should be better at little to no expense 

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

he doesn’t have to be all pro but if you can put him outside, and take some pressure off brown/beasley the whole unit should be better at little to no expense 

Good points, I just don’t know if Gordon’s current production levels are worthy of dealing with his baggage and potential for future transgressions. If Beane is stressed enough about the position to bring in a guy like Gordon, he should have considered drafting a WR earlier. Make a deal for AJ Green, or Keenan Allen,  then I’ll be interested. 

14 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I would be leary of a move like this. The Pats don't just dump talented players for nothing while using resources to grab someone else. They didn't have to put him on IR if there was going to be a worry that he could come back and they would have to chose him or someone else. I would think theres a chance he is facing some discipline or isn't what he used to be...

Yeah, as usual somethings fishy in Foxboro. 

22 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

His explosiveness seems to be gone...

recovering from a bum knee might help that. 

he also still has a higher YPC in this down year than anyone on our roster does.

Edited by NoSaint