Josh Gordon is about to be available

HappyDays

I hope I'm wrong.. but if this is true, does it mean that the Pats are acquiring a stud receiver?  Like an AJ Green or Mike Evans. 

Maybe on the bright side, maybe the Pats are finally imploding.. and this is Kraft's way of getting back at Brady for his Netflix / Spa appearance ..  

30 minutes ago, BILLSCRAZY3024 said:

No thank you on Gordon. He has drug issues and is starting to get hurt a lot more now. Not worth the $$$ or draft pick. Pass on this off field problem. I wished Beane got off his beane bag and traded for Sanu when he was available. Now Patsies got him and the rich continues to get richer. UGH! 

You wouldn’t be giving up anything for him, as he’ll become a free agent once waived off of IR. It won’t cost much money to sign him.

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

He was alright in NE, but with his talent I thought he disappointed. Playing with Brady is such a huge opportunity, and he never really became a feared WR. I really think he’d be just another mediocre guy in Buffalo. 

but if he's  been oft hurt and it really seems like the pats want to crush it this year....finale for brady?...then trading a 2nd for sanu. i think it's a safe investment.....

BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF CUTTING ONE OF OUR CURRENT WRS

42 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.  Not only does he have knowledge of the Patriots playbook, arguably our biggest competition this season, he's a phenomenal player when healthy.  Him opposite John Brown would be killer.

May be too stoned to remember it ?

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

no draft pick will be required. Only a Contract. 

Yep and this is why I would kick the tires. Even when he's flamed out in the past it's not like he's a locker room cancer. If he screws up and we cut him no harm done.

• Like (+1) 2

Listen, I actually really think Josh Gordon would be THE move. He’d be in a very good situation here in the locker room & off the field to succeed. Best part is you’re not giving up any assets. You can overpay in a short term deal. Have a contending team. Stick it to the Pats...
Edited by Mike in Horseheads

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

please do tell more...

That's about all there is to say I think... Brady has been supposedly lobbying behind the scenes and I'm sure AB can cry a little and make nice with Kraft if it means crushing souls this season

IF AB doesn't go back to NE then IMO Sanu and Gordon are pretty much a trade off, except Sanu isn't one Saturday night away from a lifetime ban from the league

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

He was alright in NE, but with his talent I thought he disappointed. Playing with Brady is such a huge opportunity, and he never really became a feared WR. I really think he’d be just another mediocre guy in Buffalo. 

Issue is Gordon thrives on deep shots and 50/50 balls.  Neither is Tom's forte anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yep and this is why I would kick the tires. Even when he's flamed out in the past it's not like he's a locker room cancer. If he screws up and we cut him no harm done.

and it wouldn’t even be a big contract. If released from IR AFTER the trade deadline he is subject to Waivers. So just have to put a claim in (though we might not get him). 

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

That's about all there is to say I think... Brady has been supposedly lobbying behind the scenes and I'm sure AB can cry a little and make nice with Kraft if it means crushing souls this season

IF AB doesn't go back to NE then IMO Sanu and Gordon are pretty much a trade off, except Sanu isn't one Saturday night away from a lifetime ban from the league

kraft doesnt mess around with sex assaults and that goes back to his late wife. they arent bring ab back

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

except sanu cost a 2nd.  i would bet money the pats don't even think about ab....he still has some legal crap to go through.

38 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yep, if he’s about to be cleared to play, why let him go? Something’s up here. I’ll add this to the long list of things I don’t get. 

...he's "well beyond his customary nine lives" and will NEVER get it period.....talent wasted .....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

and it wouldn’t even be a big contract. If released from IR AFTER the trade deadline he is subject to Waivers. So just have to put a claim in (though we might not get him). 

I'm pretty he becomes a free agent if I'm reading the reports correctly.