Corey Davis absent from practice Wednesday

Gamache518

Corey Davis (undisclosed) was sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

It could very well be nothing, but it's at least worth monitoring heading into Thursday since Davis isn't a usual Wednesday rest candidate. Delanie Walker (ankle) was sidelined, too. Davis should be fully entrusted as a WR3 against Tampa Bay's pass funnel if he's good to go for Week 8.

I'll put on my tin foil hat and say.... yes... we are sniffing around and they put him in moth balls to keep him from getting hurt. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

Due to an illness:

I will say that if we end up trading for a WR, a guy like Corey Davis makes sense. A reclamation project that could be had for a 2nd or 3rd.

Hope its not the same "illness" Fletcher Cox had

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...would contradict articles about establishing rapport with Tannehill............

Yeah but there were reports Zay was developing chemistry with Allen in the off-season and we all saw how that played out lol. 

Most of these reports from practice are just like the ones from camp, largely space filler for beat reports during the week.  Some are true, most are fluff.

Edited by MR8
  • Like (+1) 1

Drafted 5th overall in 2017 and still on rookie contract thru 2020 with a team option for 2021. With the Titans very much still in contention and Davis connecting well with Tannehill so far it seems unlikely he is available. Would be great to have him though as I think his potential has been wasted so far in Tennessee.