Eagles Message Board Quick Takes

billsfan_34

6 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

If the Eagles lose, that will be 3 in a row. They are looking at their season being ostensibly over. I bet they come out rip roaring. I have a feeling the Bills don't win this one, regardless of how they looked the last couple of weeks. 

People keep talking like playing desperate football is a good thing...they will come out tight as a result.  They have started terribly all year and Bill's will hang 14 on then in 1st.  Game over. 

6 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

If the Eagles lose, that will be 3 in a row. They are looking at their season being ostensibly over. I bet they come out rip roaring. I have a feeling the Bills don't win this one, regardless of how they looked the last couple of weeks. 

Why haven't they come out rip roaring every game?  I gotta think they tried as hard as they could to win the last two games, right?

I guess desperation by the Eagles could result in a win for them Sunday.  Personally, I think desperation normally leads to more mistakes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Eagles fans are one of the few fanbases that over hate on their team. The Eagles have been one of the most successful franchises since the year 2000 and if  you listen to their fanbase you would think they were as successful as the Bills. Now that being said this year's Eagles team has some serious flaws. Their secondary is complete trash, their WR core is banged up, their O-line is mediocre, their front seven is decent but not dominant and Wentz is not playing well. So for once their negative assessment about the team is accurate. 

maybe we should be like them given the success their harshness has brought lol

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'd rather see an Eagles message board full of unbridled enthusiasm. I hate this game more and more with each passing day.

Maybe they’re just not good?  

They had every reason in the world to come out with their hair on fire against the Cowboys and got smoked. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Maybe they’re just not good?  

They had every reason in the world to come out with their hair on fire against the Cowboys and got smoked. 

Yeah. I TRY not to belabor the betting aspects of games, but everyone and their mother, including Eagles fans, expect the Bills to win. Yet the line is ticking DOWN. The Bills are favored by 1.5 points and down 1 in some spots. Why? It's certainly not ticking down because the average Joe likes the Eagles.

We shall see. It's going to be a huge test for both the pass rush and Josh Allen IMO. I believe this is going to be a VERY challenging game. 

Hope you's guys are all correct and whatever data the books are looking at is incorrect.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. I TRY not to belabor the betting aspects of games, but everyone and their mother, including Eagles fans, expect the Bills to win. Yet the line is ticking DOWN. The Bills are favored by 1.5 points and down 1 in some spots. Why? It's certainly not ticking down because the average Joe likes the Eagles.

We shall see. It's going to be a huge test for both the pass rush and Josh Allen IMO. I believe this is going to be a VERY challenging game. 

Hope you's guys are all correct and whatever data the books are looking at is incorrect.

It very well may be, we certainly don’t seem interested in playing complete games and just struggled against Miami.  

That being said, they have a ton of injuries, a struggling QB and some bad locker room chemistry.  

We have more talent than them, and if we execute, should win this game and start being taken seriously on a national level.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

It very well may be, we certainly don’t seem interested in playing complete games and just struggled against Miami.  

That being said, they have a ton of injuries, a struggling QB and some bad locker room chemistry.  

We have more talent than them, and if we execute, should win this game and start being taken seriously on a national level.  

I'm hoping to see Jason Peters either on the sideline or playing at less than 90 percent. I'm not one of those fans that cares if we beat a team at less than 100 percent. Just win the games.

If Wentz gets time, he's still a dangerous QB. Watch his game against the Packers to see what he can do if the line isn't playing like garbage. If the pass rush DOESN'T come through, the offense is going to need to score more points at a more rapid pace than we have in our W's this season. They have a ton of injuries on defense, so it's going to be interesting to see if Allen and the offense can turn it up a notch if the defense can't get stops/TO's.

19 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I realize you're in the know but....does the betting line really work on data?

I thought it was all about what the odds had to be set at to induce people to bet...That's ordinary Jimmy's and Joes' not Football Cogniscenti?

If I were an ordinary Joe looking to bet, I read about how the Bills were 4-1 and expected to blow out the winless Miami Dolphins...and won, but didn't cover the spread and the Dolphins were even leading into the 4th Q.  Then I look at the Bills have been perennially bad and the Eagles are a year and a half off of a Super Bowl.  Sh** I take the Eagles, What Can Go Wrong?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I still respect Schwartz as a DC so I am sure he will try to scheme well. I have seen Wentz this year and he does not look confident. Eventually their lack of talent will show and I expect the Bills to win by 10+.

Should be a good game though. 

Well which one is it?  A 10+ point win or a good game?

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I realize you're in the know but....does the betting line really work on data?

I thought it was all about what the odds had to be set at to induce people to bet

That's ordinary Jimmy's and Joes' not Football Cogniscenti

The line is most certainly set on data. The big money movers rely EXCLUSIVELY on data. So they basically set a line that they believe to be accurate. If you have an accurate line, you theoretically create a line that would generate even action on both sides. The objective is of course to set lines that get that equal action because they just want the juice. There are certain games (like this one) where the general public will be all over one side(in this case the Bills), but the book/big money likes the opponent. As a rule, I hate to see the Bills in a position where the book/movers are on one side and the "public" is on the other. The line will move if they're taking more money on one side than the other. At that point, they want to entice action on the OTHER side. 

I know that was convoluted, but from personal experience, I prefer to be on the side that seems "wrong" to people like you and I. 

That, OF COURSE, is not some kind of absolute. Last week for instance, the big money LOVED Atlanta and the public loved the Rams. Not quite sure why the data suggested only a -3 for LA against such a struggling team like the Falcons, but it did. If any of this was absolute, I'd be betting 5 k all over the place and not sitting there writing tickets!

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

The line is most certainly set on data. The big money movers rely EXCLUSIVELY on data. So they basically set a line that they believe to be accurate. If you have an accurate line, you theoretically create a line that would generate even action on both sides. The objective is of course to set lines that get that equal action because they just want the juice. There are certain games (like this one) where the general public will be all over one side(in this case the Bills), but the book/big money likes the opponent. As a rule, I hate to see the Bills in a position where the book/movers are on one side and the "public" is on the other. The line will move if they're taking more money on one side than the other. At that point, they want to entice action on the OTHER side. 

I know that was convoluted, but from personal experience, I prefer to be on the side that seems "wrong" to people like you and I. 

That, OF COURSE, is not some kind of absolute. Last week for instance, the big money LOVED Atlanta and the public loved the Rams. Not quite sure why the data suggested only a -3 for such a struggling team like the Falcons, but it did. If any of this was absolute, I'd be betting 5 k all over the place and not sitting there writing tickets!

I guess my point was I'm not sure Jimmy's and Joe's (the general public) are all over the Bills?  You have to be a Bills fan to know stuff like Fitzmagic and the impact of missing Milano.  My guess would be the General Public sees it as great team that won the SB not long back vs. perennial scrubs who came out the gate hot, but got "shown up" and almost lost to the 0-5 Dolphins?

But, as you imply, if you're writing tickets you may know how actually rolls.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess my point was I'm not sure Jimmy's and Joe's (the general public) are all over the Bills?  You have to be a Bills fan to know stuff like Fitzmagic and the impact of missing Milano.  My guess would be the General Public sees it as great team that won the SB not long back vs. perennial scrubs who came out the gate hot, but got "shown up" and almost lost to the 0-5 Dolphins?

But, as you imply, if you're writing tickets you may know how actually rolls.

Yeah, my friend. It's tough to say early in the week, but those Jimmy's and Joe's(I call em Darrell, short for derelict) are definitely taking Buffalo, but the line is sort of moving towards Philly which means there's real money on the Iggle's. The Darrell's generally wait until Saturday or Sunday to bet, so it's a bit early to say definitely what they'll do. The "chatter" is that the Bills should definitely beat Philly(the Eagles SUCK based on the Dallas game. Bills are 5-1(They really don't even know enough to understand our schedule has been easy.)

I'm boring myself here, but after doing this for 10 years, I've come to the conclusion that I want to see these people bet on the other team. Certainly not any kind of guarantee, but more often than not and all that jazz.

3 hours ago, ScotSHO said:

Probably permanently scarred from 1990 game: 

HEck no, only Hughes and maybe Lorax remain, but he may not have been a starter then...

If Josh Allen threw an int like Kelly did to Joyner, this board would flip out.

Rich kotite, offensive genius.

Ah, when roughing the passer was roughing the passer.

28 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That, OF COURSE, is not some kind of absolute. Last week for instance, the big money LOVED Atlanta and the public loved the Rams. Not quite sure why the data suggested only a -3 for LA against such a struggling team like the Falcons, but it did. If any of this was absolute, I'd be betting 5 k all over the place and not sitting there writing tickets!

The public is overreacting to the Eagles getting destroyed on national TV.  Same thing with the Jets as the Jags should not be favored by six.  If the line gets to Eagles +3 there's really good value in betting them. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The public is overreacting to the Eagles getting destroyed on national TV.  Same thing with the Jets as the Jags should not be favored by six.  If the line gets to Eagles +3 there's really good value in betting them. 

Yeah. It looks like it's heading more towards a pick em, but I agree.