Eagles Message Board Quick Takes

billsfan_34

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

this reminds me    @Mark Vader

Hey Mark .....  Any more interactions with that chick   Phila Delfia or some such???

I don' know if she'll be here, but Mark Vader  is flyimg into Buffalo tonight.I will meet up with him and am going to the game with him.

• Like (+1) 1

Our D is better when you factor in the secondary.  The front 7 is a push for me, and that Dallas D held them to 7 points..  All this I am hearing about Eagles are in desperation mode is nonsense.  Every NFL team should be ready to play come Sunday's, period.  I expect McD to have this team ready and able to protect our dirt!

Go Bills!

Tim-

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Wentz may be the better physical QB talent but Foles is the far superior QB for the Andy Reid/Pederson system.  A core principle of that system is distribution of the ball.  RBs, WRs, TE.  Just like you see in KC.  It's hard to figure out the offense when everyone is catching the ball.  

Foles was great at that.  A Nick Foles game has every WR, TE and RB getting at least two targets.  Wentz, on the other hand, dials into Ertz and he panics when he's not open.  He doesn't distribute that ball.  

I agree that the Eagles should have rolled with Foles and traded Wentz for a haul for that terrible secondary if they were committed to Pederson as coach.  

I think thats a fair characterization that Wentz is a better QB in terms of raw physical talent and that Foles seems to thrive in a WCO.

But I also quickly checked some  stats.   So far in  2019 , Wentz has 240 pass attempts  .   59 of these went to Ertz,  43 to Agholor , and 41 to Jeffery.    So  24% (59/240)  of the passes went to Ertz .   1 out of every 4 passes is hardly keying on a receiver when a team typically runs formations with 3 to 4  receivers?  In 2017,  the last time Wentz played almost  the whole  season (13 games) ,  Jeffery had more targets than Ertz (120 to 110)  .    

Most fans are delusional About how good their team and it’s players are (you know who you are here ?).  Philly fans are the exact opposite. They hate all their teams and think their players suck. It’s kinda funny. 

This dude is awesome though.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1186295371363999745?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1186295371363999745&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F1063thebuzz.com%2Feagles-fan-deeply-upset-by-loss-to-cowboys%2F

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

this reminds me    @Mark Vader

Hey Mark .....  Any more interactions with that chick   Phila Delfia or some such???

Phila Dehlia, and yes we keep in touch.

She hasn't been able to do any of her videos lately, because she's been so busy being Super Mom.

She knows all about this week's game.

2 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Wasn’t that the game with the pick play from hell on a Bradford bomb? I remember the Bills’ D coordinator going off walking through the tunnel after the game. And Shady irate in the locker room

Ohhh yea. 53 yarder to freakin Nelson “I drop everything but of course he caught that ball” Aghlor.

At 6-6 I distinctly remember saying realistically that game was the season and they should win. Instead in typical fashion for that season the defense couldn’t get out of their own way allowing Philly to get up early and making a ton of mistakes. I want to say Corey Graham has a nightmare-esq day that really hurt them. Fletcher Cox destroyed our O-line and Tyrod couldn’t do a thing in the 4th. The 2015 defense wasn’t much less talented then this one but they were sooo undisciplined and did not play as a unit (thanks Rex!)

And yea Shady was beyond pissed after the game.

Edited by corta765

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

If the Eagles lose, that will be 3 in a row. They are looking at their season being ostensibly over. I bet they come out rip roaring. I have a feeling the Bills don't win this one, regardless of how they looked the last couple of weeks. 

I wanted the Eagles to win last week just for that reason. Facing desperate teams is never good.

I felt the same way about the Dolphins too. I was hoping they'd beat Washington. You never want to be the "must win" game for another team. This is turning into a must win for Philly. They are going to pull out all the stops.

5 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Snooped on one of the Eagles message board. First off- our board is much better in style, ease, and not allowing the filth I saw. So heres what some of their fans think.

- Wentz has not completed a full season and until so has proved nothing

- The Bills always give us a hard time

- We have to make trades at the deadline- we just aren’t good enough

- This current roster is garbage

- It is time for a rebuild

- We are ok at WR but lets look to trade for Julio

Not so much team related

- The weather looks bad in Buffalo for Sunday lol. Man they don’t know bad!!!

- One guy said back in his day he was Don Juan dating 3 girls in a week while the other guy was busy sniffin’ jock straps in the mens locker room ?

I gather from all this the fans Aren’t sold on this current team but then again Eagles fans are a different breed.

Feel free to add what you pick out of this board

Go https://igglephans.com/iggboard/forum/igglephans-main-board

well they've been talking about a wr, talking no locker room faith in wentz. hopefully we get a team with issues and not a bunch of wounded animals that are mad about getting punked by the boys.

50 minutes ago, MJS said:

I wanted the Eagles to win last week just for that reason. Facing desperate teams is never good.

I felt the same way about the Dolphins too. I was hoping they'd beat Washington. You never want to be the "must win" game for another team. This is turning into a must win for Philly. They are going to pull out all the stops.

i agree, but i got a gut feeling that says the bills offense is do for that.."where the hell did that come from?" game where no one expected them to score at will. fingers crossed!

btw...heard mcd on wgr today and it sounds like he's afraid...er...respects that philly front 7.

Edited by billsredneck1

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

If the Eagles lose, that will be 3 in a row. They are looking at their season being ostensibly over. I bet they come out rip roaring. I have a feeling the Bills don't win this one, regardless of how they looked the last couple of weeks. 

That's the ole fighting team spirit!

33 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

well they've been talking about a wr, talking no locker room faith in wentz. hopefully we get a team with issues and not a bunch of wounded animals that are mad about getting punked by the boys.

i agree, but i got a gut feeling that says the bills offense is do for that.."where the hell did that come from?" game where no one expected them to score at will. fingers crossed!

btw...heard mcd on wgr today and it sounds like he's afraid...er...respects that philly front 7.

I think Philly’s coach will fix some things and give us a tough fight. McD better get our troops ready and if he states that have a tough front 7 he most likely is telling his O line to win the battles.

Eagles fans are one of the few fanbases that over hate on their team. The Eagles have been one of the most successful franchises since the year 2000 and if  you listen to their fanbase you would think they were as successful as the Bills. Now that being said this year's Eagles team has some serious flaws. Their secondary is complete trash, their WR core is banged up, their O-line is mediocre, their front seven is decent but not dominant and Wentz is not playing well. So for once their negative assessment about the team is accurate. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

Their front 7 completely tore us apart in 2015 (pre McDermott I know) but we had a decent OL that year 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Snooped on one of the Eagles message board. First off- our board is much better in style, ease, and not allowing the filth I saw. So heres what some of their fans think.

- The Bills always give us a hard time

Probably permanently scarred from 1990 game: 

22 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Is it the same front 7?

HEck no, only Hughes and maybe Lorax remain, but he may not have been a starter then...

Edited by ScotSHO
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Their front 7 completely tore us apart in 2015 (pre McDermott I know) but we had a decent OL that year 

???? Not sure what you meant.

Curry and Cox are the only guys left from that 2015 Eagles Defensive Line.

10 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Probably permanently scarred from 1990 game: 

HEck no, only Hughes and maybe Lorax remain, but he may not have been a starter then...

Yep!  You beat me too it.  One of the most exciting plays in football history imo in that game.  Randall turning in what looked like a Bruce Smith safety into a 100 yard Fred Barnett Touchdown. Bills still won though 

Edited by Another Fan