R Talbot (via ESPN) - bills on the hunt for a WR

Reed83HOF

41 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Robert Foster is the WR help the Bills need. Not sure there is anyone else out their worth the draft capital, or with as mush potential as him?

He was a healthy scratch last game. I might start looking elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

sadly at 2-5 I’m sure they believe they are still on the mix for a wild card.  I doubt they move their best WR 

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

With the injury to Mahomes they probably think the division is available. It’s unlikely of course, but I’d agree they don’t consider a sell off unless they lose to the Bears on Sunday. 6 losses by October probably does any team in. 

Trading Allen is giving up on Rivers, which they probably don’t want to do unless he’s ready to retire.

Josh Allen has to start playing better- playing against arguably the worst team in the league in Miami who was  missing their top two DB's should have been a breakout out game for him.  Our defense is saving him from taking alot of criticism as the team keeps winning .  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Josh Allen has to start playing better- playing against arguably the worst team in the league in Miami who was  missing their top two DB's should have been a breakout out game for him.  Our defense is saving him from taking alot of criticism as the team keeps winning .  

If only he threw for like 300 + yards a game and had at least 3 tds a game! I bet if he had those numbers we would be like....5-1!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

Don't think a trade within the afc is Gonna happen unless it's the Bengals. Everybody else thinks they're still in the hunt and can't see a deal with the jets or dolphins happening in division.  Niners may have a Wr available now. Pettis maybe?  

Pettis is alright, but I don't think he'll change the dynamic much. He's firmly in that Zay Jones to Isaiah McKenzie tier where he could either help or disappear completely, I don't think he'll be much of a game breaker or provide anything different.

I do think you're on to something about the AFC but unfortunately all of the interesting WR's that I think we could pull from a spiraling team are in the AFC - James Washington, Mike Williams, Robby Anderson (even though I'm not a fan) - the NFC bottom feeders are a WR wasteland right now. Maybe Taylor Gabriel if the Bears continue to suck? He had a 3 TD game this year which is something the Pettis's or Zay Jones of the world have never done. I don't know, the options may be to pay up (Evans) or go for a RB or TE, I don't really want to see them go after another 4/5 WR that doesn't do anything different.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

fuk give it a rest

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Interesting thought.   There was much lust for him here in FA two offseason ago.  

I think the thing with Richardson is that they kinda' already have one of those "mystery meat" WR's absorbing roster space in Robert Foster.

Maybe we need some more mystery meat, though. What is going on with Foster? Is there even a timetable for his situation? Seems that it's gotten worse throughout the year, we're entering Week 8 and the guy doesn't have a catch this season. Could be a lost year.

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Maybe we need some more mystery meat, though. What is going on with Foster? Is there even a timetable for his situation? Seems that it's gotten worse throughout the year, we're entering Week 8 and the guy doesn't have a catch this season. Could be a lost year.

Healthy scratch last week

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

If we make the playoffs this year and next, our next two first rounders could be something like 20 and 10 - would you part with those for a Mike Evans??

Hell yeah!!

No.

I like Evans a lot, but they want to build through the draft, and I want them to do exactly that.

Evans is terrific, but that's too much for nearly anyone, IMO. If it were one 1st, I'd at least strongly consider it. But Tampa probably wants to keep him, as he's still very young. They probably won't let him go unless they can absolutely fleece someone in the trade.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills bring someone in. I'd be quite surprised if they pay as much as one 1st or 2nd.

Edited by Thurman#1

2 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I would like to see if Keenan Allen could be had for a reasonable price, considering the Chargers should just blow that ship up and get what good value for him and Gordon while they can... 

Those two are still young enough that even in a rebuild you probably keep them.

But with Rivers still 37 and playing well and $57K under the cap for next season, I wouldn't rebuild if I were them.

1 hour ago, Floydboy12 said:

Don't think a trade within the afc is Gonna happen unless it's the Bengals. Everybody else thinks they're still in the hunt and can't see a deal with the jets or dolphins happening in division.  Niners may have a Wr available now. Pettis maybe?  

Marquese Goodwin?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

I'd be surprised if the Bills give up a high draft choice with strong WR draft coming up.

The Bills are all about being a contender every year for years to come, not just this year.

Mike Evans is 26 years old.  He' just entering his prime.  He has produced at a high level.  He's better right now than anyone they would get in the draft, which is a crapshoot. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills traded for a player like him.  He fits now and the future.  But it's probably a pipe dream for that very reason.  Why would the Bucs want to deal him?

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Imagine if this Antonio Brown thing came full circle and we just signed him now lol After the whole circus he still ended up in buffalo without having to give up anything in a trade ?‍♂️

Before anyone jumps on here, obviously this was a joke and I know it won’t happen 

I know you're joking, but I bet he could be motivated and had for a song.