R Talbot (via ESPN) - bills on the hunt for a WR

Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Prospects versus a proven commodity for a QB that needs an experienced no. 1 to help him develop.  Sure a good prospect comes cheaper but takes longer and is not a proven commodity.  I hear what you are saying but constantly looking to future isn’t taking care of the now. 

2b6d8a389451debee7dc8ffade49261a90d44c3be21879f109d4cfbbe36a5631.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'd prefer it if there were some reference to source.  Not sure Ryan Talbot is very credible, but an ESPN guy should be.

I wish there was something more tangible. Sanu is one I would trade for, Sanders not so much, Nelson in Philly is a pass.

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The Chargers have got to be almost ready to feel like they are out here. They have some real nice pieces that you could probably get for some affordable prices

It's an interesting question.  It's Lynn's 3rd year, and Phillip Rivers is getting painful to watch.  But there are extenuating circumstances in so many OL injuries and inadequate depth. 

Do we feel comfortable enough that we could trade them something they desperately need and we seem to have some depth at - OL talent - for Mike Williams?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Oh shuttttupppp!

Kidding of course. Seriously, an upgrade is always welcome, I don’t want to roll the dice on a banged up guy like Green unless the price is very, very low. From this and other reports, it probably won’t be.

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I wish there was something more tangible. Sanu is one I would trade for, Sanders not so much, Nelson in Philly is a pass.

I can predict a board meltdown if drop machine Agholor ever found his way on this roster. Seriously he’d be drummed out of town so fast he wouldn’t have time to find housing.

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I'd be surprised if the Bills give up a high draft choice with strong WR draft coming up.

The Bills are all about being a contender every year for years to come, not just this year.

you can go get a guy AND contend for years to come.

is there a reason you think otherwise?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Kidding of course. Seriously, an upgrade is always welcome, I don’t want to roll the dice on a banged up guy like Green unless the price is very, very low. From this and other reports, it probably won’t be.

Given the options available, and the perceived strength of the upcoming WR draft class, I’m okay with rolling with our current WRs.   They need to get Singletary more involved in the passing game ala James White.  I’d look to add depth at WOLB or edge if I was Brandon Beane.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would not be surprised if the Bills make a trade before the deadline, but I believe the more likely chance is they look for a sleeper-type deal - a guy that they feel is buried on someone's depth chart and could fill one of the holes left by Horrible Harry's ACL and Milano's hamstring/Thompson's broken foot and possibly blossom under their system.  And Beane will not want to give much for him.

I just don't see Beane at this point "swinging for the fences" for a proven big name edge rusher or WR.  Although OMG if there were a chance at Von Miller....

If there's even a slight chance at him, I'd say do it. I get the WR thing, but a pass rusher with his capabilities would be crazy to ignore. Only concern would be could he play in a 4-3?

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Given the options available, and the perceived strength of the upcoming WR draft class, I’m okay with rolling with our current WRs.   They need to get Singletary more involved in the passing game ala James White.  I’d look to add depth at WOLB or edge if I was Brandon Beane.

In all seriousness again I am also okay just riding these WRs. I’d much rather make a low key move for a depth LB behind Milano. Maurice didn’t look so hot Sunday, and Milano unfortunately has a history of injury.