R Talbot (via ESPN) - bills on the hunt for a WR

Reed83HOF

5 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Bills get: Anthony Miller, 6th rd. pick (from Philadelphia)

Bears get: Robert Foster, TJ Yeldon,  4th rd. pick 

I loved Anthony Miller pre-draft, and I would love to have him... That being said, I have two issues with this: 

1- I don't think he's what's missing in our lineup. he's very much a possession type receiver with some added athleticism. He isn't very big, and he isn't the fastest guy. 

2- I don't want to trade Bobby. I don't know what's wrong with him this year, but I think he's gonna get back at some point, and I don't want it to be for another team. 

I don't think any trade is going to happen, but there was another article about AJ Green today saying that he's shown no interest in being apart of the rebuild in Cincy and hasn't even tried to talk to the team about an extension.

So, him getting moved could be a possibility

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Nelius said:

Maybe we need some more mystery meat, though. What is going on with Foster? Is there even a timetable for his situation? Seems that it's gotten worse throughout the year, we're entering Week 8 and the guy doesn't have a catch this season. Could be a lost year.

Whenever asked why Foster isn't playing McD says "it was a decision made in the best interest of the team" or something about specific game planning.    

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don't think any trade is going to happen, but there was another article about AJ Green today saying that he's shown no interest in being apart of the rebuild in Cincy and hasn't even tried to talk to the team about an extension.

So, him getting moved could be a possibility

It's a dereliction of duty for the Bengals to not move him, but they're a bad organization, so who knows?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, foreboding said:

WR and QB require chemistry, it does not happen overnight.

Unless you got a Tom Brady throwing or a seminal talent: ala Antonio Brown, I think a mid-season WR trade is very likely to yield little, and we know AB ain't comin' here--thank God. Two firsts for a blue chip WR seems insane to me, even a single first, unless it is a Mike Evans type, but personally, I think that guy is so full of himself, tends to be a malcontent and does not get separation. His talent is undeniable though.

If we want to help this team, we get a legit pass rusher, another linebacker to backup Milano or look for value, high possible upside cast-offs. But every new addition means someone has to go.

Two firsts for a certain DE/LB in Denver, that is a pool I'd swim in, maybe.

agree 100% von miller would be the ticket..unless frazier drops in coverage and neuters him...(wouldn't be surprised).

as far as wr goes, imo when we have guys dropping catch able balls and not getting open, then ok go ahead and shop around. until allen starts even getting the ball anywhere near catch able (deep), wr is not my no. 1 concern.

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

Looks like a respectable   McKenzie upgrade. Not sure why production isn’t there. 

Toss in Cohen who they hardly use and it looks good to me. 

15 hours ago, JoeF said:

Should have asked the Fins to just leave Preston Williams in Buffalo...

I like that dude. One of the only good players they have.  

AJ Green would fit really well here but the injury concern is real.  People also have to remember some of these teams won’t trade then for less than a 3rd because they get compensatory picks for guys leaving in FA.

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

Why would the Bears reads hmm?  They just spent a 2nd on him and he’s really good.  

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Evans > Diggs

Green > Davis x 2,0000000

Evans, who they won’t trade, is exactly what this team needs.  Corey Davis is good. He’s held back by his qbs. Not sure why they would trade him now though. I think he was a top 10 pick 2 years ago.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I like that dude. One of the only good players they have.  

AJ Green would fit really well here but the injury concern is real.  People also have to remember some of these teams won’t trade then for less than a 3rd because they get compensatory picks for guys leaving in FA.

Why would the Bears reads hmm?  They just spent a 2nd on him and he’s really good.  

Miller hasn't proven to be a spark for the Bears' offense this season under Trubisky (Chicago is 29th passing) and Robert Foster's faster; the Bills could sell the Bears on Foster's speed, his youth---they're around the same age--- and his rookie production. The Bears need RB help, as their ground game has fallen off from just a season ago, and they could be looking for draft picks seeing how they have no picks until the fifth round after their first two picks. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I loved Anthony Miller pre-draft, and I would love to have him... That being said, I have two issues with this: 

1- I don't think he's what's missing in our lineup. he's very much a possession type receiver with some added athleticism. He isn't very big, and he isn't the fastest guy. 

2- I don't want to trade Bobby. I don't know what's wrong with him this year, but I think he's gonna get back at some point, and I don't want it to be for another team. 

I stated in another thread that Robert Foster of last season is what's missing from the Bills' offense this season, but he wasn't even that presence through preseason.

Is his absence this season totally due to injury or from a failure to progress significantly from where he left off last year?

Only the coaches know the deal, but my gut feeling is that it's the latter...I have no proof, that's just my feeling. 

I think it's a realistic trade possibility. Not saying the receiver search ends by acquiring Anthony Miller, I just think the team would just be getting another solid option to throw to moving forward; Miller was a standout in college, one of the physically stronger WR's at the Combine, has good, not great speed, strong hands (I understand he has the occasional focus drop), and would bring the same flare (personality-wise) as Foster that can rev up a crowd and teammates after a big play, which we don't really get from Beasley or Brown. 

I'm all for waiting on Robert Foster if his lack of action is squarely due to injury, but if not, I'd make a play for Miller because he could become commodity if Trubisky and the Bears offense were to get it together. 

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

I stated in another thread that Robert Foster of last season is what's missing from the Bills' offense this season, but he wasn't even that presence through preseason.

Is his absence this season totally due to injury or from a failure to progress significantly from where he left off last year?

Only the coaches know the deal, but my gut feeling is that it's the latter...I have no proof, that's just my feeling. 

I think it's a realistic trade possibility. Not saying the receiver search ends by acquiring Anthony Miller, I just think the team would just be getting another solid option to throw to moving forward; Miller was a standout in college, one of the physically stronger WR's at the Combine, has good, not great speed, strong hands (I understand he has the occasional focus drop), and would bring the same flare (personality-wise) as Foster that can rev up a crowd and teammates after a big play, which we don't really get from Beasley or Brown. 

I'm all for waiting on Robert Foster if his lack of action is squarely due to injury, but if not, I'd make a play for Miller because he could become commodity if Trubisky and the Bears offense were to get it together. 

WR was a main targeted position in the offseason and since the beginning of camp...Foster wasn't really involved.  

I think it's the latter too.

10 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I'm fine with Miller- good replacement for Zay in that "sure handed, does a lot well, nothing perfect" kind of role. I just don't see the point in selling low on Foster. He's ours for the time being and I don't think anyone is shelling out for him at this point so I'd rather keep him and see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Would they get a 3rd if he leaves in free agency?

Yeah. That’s why it needs to be higher than that.  

39 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Miller hasn't proven to be a spark for the Bears' offense this season under Trubisky (Chicago is 29th passing) and Robert Foster's faster; the Bills could sell the Bears on Foster's speed, his youth---they're around the same age--- and his rookie production. The Bears need RB help, as their ground game has fallen off from just a season ago, and they could be looking for draft picks seeing how they have no picks until the fifth round after their first two picks. 

Miller is being held back by their qbs.  Foster, minus the end of the last year, has really produced in the NFL or college.  I don’t know why the Bears would do that, but if you can make happen, I’d love it.  I think Miller could be really good in the right system. 

• Thank you (+1) 1