R Talbot (via ESPN) - bills on the hunt for a WR

Reed83HOF

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

It's a gamble. I wouldn't offer more than a third, but I think I'd offer that. Only player that tempts me to spend a first is Von Miller on the other side of the ball.

I understand, 

3 seems to be where most Bills fans draw the line.

On a side note Green would have a new contract in the works which does leave room for negotiations.

I also feel like Josh Allen and McD in part along with the state of the franchise is becoming a player magnet.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

Folks shouldn't underestimate how cheaply the Bengals are run. 

They aren't winning anything this year. Getting a 3rd instead of a comp pick not only gets them a slightly earlier pick it saves them about $8M in salary this year. That money could very well play a factor. 

Just now, Hebert19 said:

The more I think about this if it's not AJ green it could more likely be a TE.  Howard or Eifert. 

I really like both players, and any other season I'd be thrilled at the thought of acquiring them, but we're pretty much overloaded with TE's right now. And the young guys look pretty good, so I'm not sure I'd want to give up an asset and a roster spot for another one (even if they are a clear upgrade). 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Von Miller would be the guy I'd go after as well.

If the Bills were to acquire Miller or any elite wr, it will say alot about the 2020 draft. I would hope that Beane would acquire players that can help now and later. Players young enough and in Miller's case, still projected by Beane to be productive for at least another three years.

The Bills Were In On Sanders

There is a reason why Denver traded Sanders first. Two weeks ago, Broncos GM John Elway was playing wait-and-see on trades. Then, Sanders didn’t play in the second half of a shutout win over the Titans, pushing Denver back into the AFC West picture at 2-4. The receiver met with head coach Vic Fangio on Monday then Elway on Tuesday (before the Broncos played the Chiefs on TNF) and agreed, if Sanders was a good soldier, to consider offers for the receiver. Sanders played 88% of the snaps against Kansas City, catching five balls for 60 yards, and the GM found a hot market—with the Saints and Bills vying with the 49ers and Patriots for his services. So Denver dealt him.

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The highest I would go with AJ Green is a 4th rd pick. He is 31 and is coming off another injury, plus we are taking on that contract. 

The Bengals will get a late 3rd round pick if they simply let him walk -- because he's a FA!! There is no contract to take on because you're only paying for half a season with no bonus--that's it.

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Bills Were In On Sanders

There is a reason why Denver traded Sanders first. Two weeks ago, Broncos GM John Elway was playing wait-and-see on trades. Then, Sanders didn’t play in the second half of a shutout win over the Titans, pushing Denver back into the AFC West picture at 2-4. The receiver met with head coach Vic Fangio on Monday then Elway on Tuesday (before the Broncos played the Chiefs on TNF) and agreed, if Sanders was a good soldier, to consider offers for the receiver. Sanders played 88% of the snaps against Kansas City, catching five balls for 60 yards, and the GM found a hot market—with the Saints and Bills vying with the 49ers and Patriots for his services. So Denver dealt him.

Sanders has actually had a shockingly good career. 

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The highest I would go with AJ Green is a 4th rd pick. He is 31 and is coming off another injury, plus we are taking on that contract. 

To be fair this injury is entirely the fault of the Bengals themselves. They decided to practice in Dayton on subpar surfaces and he got hurt there

• Thank you (+1) 1

The fact the Bills were in in Sanders tells me our front office is actively looking for that WR upgrade we crave. I still think Cinci is blowing smoke about a 1st rounder for Green and that they will settle for a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd and likely give a high pick (6th) back as a sweetener. That Cinci team has 3 really good young WR and there is no way they will be paying Green next year so they will seek an asset and to go for that #1 overall pick by continuing this year’s tank. They need a Dalton replacement. They aren’t going to tell their fan base or team they are tanking so they keep saying they aren’t trading Green. They are! If he was in their future, they wouldn’t be dragging him to London to practice before their bye week when they could have rested him one more week! 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Locomark said:

The fact the Bills were in in Sanders tells me our front office is actively looking for that WR upgrade we crave. I still think Cinci is blowing smoke about a 1st rounder for Green and that they will settle for a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd and likely give a high pick (6th) back as a sweetener. That Cinci team has 3 really good young WR and there is no way they will be paying Green next year so they will seek an asset and to go for that #1 overall pick by continuing this year’s tank. They need a Dalton replacement. They aren’t going to tell their fan base or team they are tanking so they keep saying they aren’t trading Green. They are! If he was in their future, they wouldn’t be dragging him to London to practice before their bye week when they could have rested him one more week! 

If the Bengals are truly looking for a 1st for a guy who has missed 60% of the games the last two seasons, and hasnt had a truly dominate season since 2015 they are dumber than they appear.

They need to hit the reset button on their franchise, and they should have done it last offseason when they hired a new coach.  Instead they will start their rebuild with a guy who may go into next season with a 1-15 coaching record and no respect from the players they keep.   Awful franchise.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The thought of Von Miller in a Bills uniform ???:worthy:

I don't think it will happen, but Oh My, if it did...

I think that Miller would come in and play like a man possessed! This would be a scary defense.

Edited by Rocket94

52 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If the Bengals are truly looking for a 1st for a guy who has missed 60% of the games the last two seasons, and hasnt had a truly dominate season since 2015 they are dumber than they appear.

They need to hit the reset button on their franchise, and they should have done it last offseason when they hired a new coach.  Instead they will start their rebuild with a guy who may go into next season with a 1-15 coaching record and no respect from the players they keep.   Awful franchise.

Dumb? If you sold a house wouldn't you start out a little high and see what kind of interest you get?

On a side note, when Green is on the field there has been zero drop off,

None...

At this point, I think Devante Parker is probably their best bet.

Being intra-divisional might complicate it but I think the Bills would get the best bang for their buck both short-term and long-term.

23 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Nothing shocking about it.

He's smart, fearless, skilled and learned the pro game from Hines Ward.

I think it would have been more shocking if it hadn't worked out for him.

• Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bengals will get a late 3rd round pick if they simply let him walk -- because he's a FA!! There is no contract to take on because you're only paying for half a season with no bonus--that's it.

Comp pick isn’t guaranteed.  He’d have to get signed to a huge deal and Cincy would have to even be eligible for a company pick.  A lot could happen 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

He was very good last season before getting hurt at the beginning of game 9. Through 8 games, he had 45 catches for 689 yards and 6 TDs. Extrapolated, that works out to 90 catches, 1378 yards, and 12 TDs--basically, an all-pro level season.  He was IR'd because of a toe injury (presumably turf toe), which is hardly crippling long term. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Simon said:

At this point, I think Devante Parker is probably their best bet.

Being intra-divisional might complicate it but I think the Bills would get the best bang for their buck both short-term and long-term.

Nothing shocking about it.

He's smart, fearless, skilled and learned the pro game from Hines Ward.

I think it would have been more shocking if it hadn't worked out for him.

I like Parker as well. I bet he would come to Buffalo and rediscover his game. He certainly is talented and appears to be a seamless fits in the Bills offense. Right on our doorstep. 

Edited by Rocket94

22 hours ago, Locomark said:

I agree about Cincy  blowing smoke about Green- here’s why...WHEN he walks, not if, at seasons end, the best cincy can do is a 3rd round comp pick NEXT year- which essentially equates to a 4th rounder this year....imo the Bills should offer no more than a 3rd rounder for Green...anything more would be bad value imo...the other offer I would make is a 4th rounder plus Robert Foster as a sweetener...if not, I move on.

Edited by JaCrispy

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

It is abolutely crazy to be considering AJ Green. What part of an often injured and aging Wr are people not getting! Forget it and move on.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

It is abolutely crazy to be considering AJ Green. What part of an often injured and aging Wr are people not getting! Forget it and move on.

One fairly common injury last year (turf toe) and one this year due to crap field conditions when the Bengals chose to practice off campus. But sure he's useless and we should keep running a practice squad WR out there

• Thank you (+1) 1