R Talbot (via ESPN) - bills on the hunt for a WR

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd take a look at Gordon.... assuming everything comes back clean after his release.

I suspect the words “clean” and “release” may be related. But not in a positive way. Just guessing on that.....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Give up a 2nd round pick for a WR that hasn't played a down this year, is certainly no guarantee to play or even play well and is an UFA at season's end?

Beane would have to be dead drunk to make that deal.

No risk no reward. Lets keep playing to be a wild card in a year with our best record in 30 years. Please promise never to apply for any management roles with any Buffalo sports team with that approach. It’s likely Green could sign here in 20 because of that type of a trade because of it. He would be our best receiver since Moulds and instantly make us a contender next year AND it would keep him away from the Pats or Indy. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Locomark said:

No risk no reward. Lets keep playing to be a wild card in a year with our best record in 30 years. Please promise never to apply for any management roles with any Buffalo sports team with that approach. It’s likely Green could sign here because of it. He would be our best receiver since Moulds and instantly make us a contender next year AND it would keep him away from the Pats or Indy. 

Does Green put is over the top and make us a super bowl contender?  That’s highly debatable.  I’d lean towards no because of his injuries and how effective he’ll be and gain a rapport with Allen.  I don’t see any way Beane sends a high pick for Green.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Does Green put is over the top and make us a super bowl contender?  That’s highly debatable.  I’d lean towards no because of his injuries and how effective he’ll be and gain a rapport with Allen.  I don’t see any way Beane sends a high pick for Green.  

Would  you do a 2 and a 3 for him?

Because  I see no way where  Beane moves a 1 for Green. 

A 1 for Evans ?  Sure but Green is too old.

15 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Green gives us the ability to beat the Patriots head to head IMO. Whether we could make the super bowl is based on injuries and a ton of other things. Ask the Eagles how they went from 9-7 to a super bowl the next year. The NFL isn’t obvious or linear. If you can keep pace with the Pats and somehow get a bye, anything can happen. Green is a top 5 WR. Since you like to ask questions, do you honestly think the 50th best player in the draft next year will be a top 5 WR? I don’t. 

No way Cinci gets a 1 for Green.

Edited by Locomark
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Green gives us the ability to beat the Patriots head to head IMO. Whether we could make the super bowl is based on injuries and a ton of other things. Ask the Eagles how they went from 9-7 to a super bowl the next year. The NFL isn’t obvious or linear. If you can keep pace with the Pats and somehow get a bye, anything can happen. Green is a top 5 WR. Since you like to ask questions, do you honestly think the 50th best player in the draft next year will be a top 5 WR? I don’t. 

No way Cinci gets a 1 for Green.

Did my simple question trigger you or something?  Disagreeing is quite ok and healthy.

Green is a borderline top 5 WR when healthy but he’s not right now and may never be again with his injuries and age.    

Edited by CaptnCoke11

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Did my simple question trigger you or something?  Disagreeing is quite ok and healthy.

Green is a borderline top 5 WR when healthy bit he’s not right now and may never be again with his injuries and age.    

Didn’t trigger anything. You said Beane would need to be dead drunk to do that deal. I just disagreed and gave my rationale.

James Lofton was this age when he joined our super bowl teams and was supposedly washed up and he didn’t do too bad. Green put up close to the same yards last year in 9 games with Dalton than our leading receiver did in any of the last 3 or 4 for an entire 16 games. Sorry but you don’t overlook that kind of impact IMO. Since when does a second round pick derail your whole org?? 

• Like (+1) 1

Green a borderline 5 receiver? LMAO! Beane makes a habit of waiting till the very last

minute and buying something for nothing. A hurt player who is very good in his position is attractive to Beane so I am thinking, hoping AJ Green. He is a true number one receiver but he is hurt and on a very bad team. I’m sure the Bungles want to save $$$ right now, rebuild and Green is dying to leave and play for a contender. Make the deal Beane, let’s get a true number 1 in Buffalo. 1 Green 2 Brown 3 Beasley 4. Roberts 5 Duke Williams. That’s a very nice receiver core for Allen and his hero ball play, right there.... 

Edited by BILLSCRAZY3024
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, the skycap said:

I don't think so. Foster is big special teams player. Probably release #32

Well last week #32 was active and out there on teams and Foster was inactive - a healthy scratch. 

6 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

This is the odd thing. We have a WR who caught over 1,000 yards last year and inexplicably injured or not playing for some other nebulous reason. We picked up Beasley and Brown in FA, but somehow we need another QB. 

What the Bills need is a running game. Without one, teams will just keep blitzing and Allen with miss the wide open [insert WR we acquire]. I think this is smoke screen. We don’t need another WR. We need Singletary to get touches. Again, another player we are utilizing. Maybe he’s still injured. If we can’t get a RB, go get a RT. 

Foster did not catch for over a thousand yards. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm going to say guys like Golden Tate (NYG), Nelson Agholor (PHI), Devante Parker (MIA), AJ Green (CIN) and Corey Davis (TEN) are some names coming up in talks. I just can't see AJ Green though with the injury.

Those are more realistic names than what is usually presented here.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Well last week #32 was active and out there on teams and Foster was inactive - a healthy scratch. 

Foster did not catch for over a thousand yards. 

No, but Foster was definitely our best receiver last year when he played (I know, not saying much) and I’m not sure he’s even  caught a ball this year.  It’s hard to figure out.  

Are we sure Foster was a healthy scratch last week?  I thought he was still recovering from a groin or something...

1 minute ago, mannc said:

No, but Foster was definitely our best receiver last year when he played (I know, not saying much) and I’m not sure he’s even  caught a ball this year.  It’s hard to figure out.  

Are we sure Foster was a healthy scratch last week?  I thought he was still recovering from a groin or something...

McDermott said it was a game plan thing.  Nothing about injury was mentioned. 

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

McDermott confirmed healthy scratch. 

Unless either Mike Evans or Mike Williams becomes available no way Beane trades his #1 pick, nor should he. The Bills are having a fine season and barring injury to Josh Allen they should be favorites to grab a wild card slot but they are not one player away from a Super Bowl appearance. There is no way that A J Green is worth a #1 at this stage of his career. He is a 31 yr old player trying to recover from torn ligaments in his ankle, whose best days are most likely behind him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DefenseWins said:

Unless either Mike Evans or Mike Williams becomes available no way Beane trades his #1 pick, nor should he. The Bills are having a fine season and barring injury to Josh Allen they should be favorites to grab a wild card slot but they are not one player away from a Super Bowl appearance. There is no way that A J Green is worth a #1 at this stage of his career. He is a 31 yr old player trying to recover from torn ligaments in his ankle, whose best days are most likely behind him. 

What about Godwin in Tampa ? Would you trade a first and get back a 3rd for him? He is on pace for 1700 yards.