R Talbot (via ESPN) - bills on the hunt for a WR

Reed83HOF

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t either. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd or 4th in 2021.

For maybe 10 games (if he can even play) left for a 31 year old WR, is he worth more than a 5th? So many unknowns! Health? Is he able to take the field? Actually contribute? Is he amenable to a new deal? I’n not giving a 2nd for Jerry Rice in his prime if it’s only for 10 games max, and he’s still injured. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

It would cost a 1st round pick.  I don't think Beane will give up a  1st round pick

The rumor was that the Bengals know he is only worth a 2nd with a conditional pick back from the receiving team based on games played.  We would be idiots not to do that deal IF we beat Philly and stay within a game of the Pats. Go for winning the division and seek a bye. This year’s schedule in an anomaly, so you might as well take a shot for that low a payout. Next years free agent wideout class is basically limited to Green and Josh Gordon and then not much thereafter. Drafting a rookie Wr at 22 or higher isn’t a guarantee of a WR2 production next year either. We all know most  WRs take 2 years to blossom and that is one more year of Josh’s low cost contract being wasted while we wait for WR production. 

7 minutes ago, Locomark said:

The rumor was that the Bengals know he is only worth a 2nd with a conditional pick back from the receiving team based on games played.  We would be idiots not to do that deal IF we beat Philly and stay within a game of the Pats. Go for winning the division and seek a bye. This year’s schedule in an anomaly, so you might as well take a shot for that low a payout. Next years free agent wideout class is basically limited to Green and Josh Gordon and then not much thereafter. Drafting a rookie Wr at 22 or higher isn’t a guarantee of a WR2 production next year either. We all know most  WRs take 2 years to blossom and that is one more year of Josh’s low cost contract being wasted while we wait for WR production. 

Give up a 2nd round pick for a WR that hasn't played a down this year, is certainly no guarantee to play or even play well and is an UFA at season's end?

Beane would have to be dead drunk to make that deal.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I assume there is nothing new here other than the original tweet claiming we are looking around the market for a WR?  

Or have there actually been any rumored WRs linked to us yet?

That was my question as well.

The Bills will not trade a high draft choice for a WR. 

No need to re-create KB 2.0.

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

That was my question as well.

The Bills will not trade a high draft choice for a WR. 

No need to re-create KB 2.0.

With a playoff push coming, I wont be surprised to see a trade deadline move given Beane's aggressiveness when he sees opportunity.  But I am not sure there is a WR that makes a lot of sense unless someone unexpectedly is available like Julio, Evans or Allen...but I dont think either of those are going anywhere.  

Be interesting to see if Von Miller gets moved or OJ Howard.  I would think Beane would have interest in both depending on compensation.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

With a playoff push coming, I wont be surprised to see a trade deadline move given Beane's aggressiveness when he sees opportunity.  But I am not sure there is a WR that makes a lot of sense unless someone unexpectedly is available like Julio, Evans or Allen...but I dont think either of those are going anywhere.  

Be interesting to see if Von Miller gets moved or OJ Howard.  I would think Beane would have interest in both depending on compensation.  

I wouldn't expect a high level trade whatsoever.

I would bet a dollar to a donut that McBeane has their eyes on the WR pool in the 2020 draft as that is MUCH MORE appealing than anything the Bills could trade for at this year's deadline.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't think the trade could go through without Green passing a physical. 

Yes, of some sort. Why is he not playing? Are they saving him? Is he truly hurt? When will he be ready? There’s a lot we do not know, but I’m still not going to overpay for a 10 game rental, at best. NOW, if compensation is fair and maybe we reach a deal to extend? I’m not against great talent. Ever.