R Talbot (via ESPN) - bills on the hunt for a WR

Reed83HOF

21 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I listed some guys that I would think are available earlier, but more to the point of who I would target (assuming no big names), I'd potentially be eye-balling the following:

• Corey Davis - not sure he's actually available/might be too big of a name for this list, but I'd definitely be pursuing him
  • Donte Moncrief - Was quickly buried in Pittsburgh, but he's been solid for some other teams and can easily get out of his contract at the end of the year if it doesn't work out
  • Marqise Lee - Think this makes sense as a buy-low option. Another guy where you can get out of his contract at the end of the year if you aren't impressed but he's played at a much higher level than Moncrief in the past.
  • Anthony Miller - I don't particular believe the rumors, but I've seen his name floated as potentially being available and I think that would be a no-brainer if it's true.
  • Geronimo Allison - Free agent at the end of the year, seems like Lazard has surpassed him in Green Bay and I've heard they're interested in taking a swing at a bigger name WR in the trade market so I wouldn't be surprised if Geronimo is available.

Pass on all of them.  If we trade for a receiver it has to be a significant upgrade on what we have and Beasley and Brown I would be pretty confident on ending the season with.  

56 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Color me confused but if they are a wild card team they’ll be picking in the mid/upper 20s not 9-12 ??‍♂️

Playoff teams are slotted in picks 21-32 

Once again, with real picks. Same as before, but trading, say, the 23rd pick for a couple of seconds or a second and two thirds (or something like that). I'm not hung up on having a first next year if Green can help us win a freaking playoff game. 

Of course, this probably won't happen. If I'm GB, I'm besting whatever the Bills have to offer. They're that close. 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I'm fine with Miller- good replacement for Zay in that "sure handed, does a lot well, nothing perfect" kind of role. I just don't see the point in selling low on Foster. He's ours for the time being and I don't think anyone is shelling out for him at this point so I'd rather keep him and see what happens. 

I don't get the theory of Foster being Browns' back up. Why not use them on opposite sides?....then split Duke/ Roberts with Beasley in the slot. In an empty set, you still get a TE as well.  Depending only on Brown and Beasley is gonna catch up to us. for ie....

Philly can cover brown with a safety on top.  Take out Beasley and/or keep him close to the LOS. Put a safety and LB help on Kroft or Knox and that leaves them to rush 5 and stop the run. Josh is in deep doodoo if we can't run....and besides, chunk plays and home runs early on are how we can beat them.  We can't let their defense dictate the game.

Just now, Billzgobowlin said:

Pass on all of them.  If we trade for a receiver it has to be a significant upgrade on what we have and Beasley and Brown I would be pretty confident on ending the season with.  

Yeah I tend to agree and AJ Green doesn't really do it for me given his health and contract status.  I think the big bodied guy able to make great adjustments is just the type of guy every team needs but especially the Bills given their other receivers.  Duke isn't a bad option in that respect, but he is just a guy at this point until he proves otherwise and the Bills would be smart to try to see if they can find a guy with proven production that meets that description.  It would be nice if that player were all-pro caliber, and I think that the player should be young and promising/proven if the Bills are going to make any move.  It's got to be the right move and not just any WR will do.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

My hunch is that he's basically fine right now and not playing because the Bengals really are trying to get a haul for him. His contract ends at the end of this season, and he is NOT going to re-sign with Cincy. It's basically move him now for a really good pick or two or hang on to him and get a late third for him in the next draft. I can't think they're that dumb to not move him. 

See my hunch is totally the opposite. I don't think Green is healthy and I think the Bengals are getting him out on the practice field to try and give the impression that he can play soon. I am not sure how much good football is left in AJ Green. 

19 hours ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Josh Allen has to start playing better- playing against arguably the worst team in the league in Miami who was  missing their top two DB's should have been a breakout out game for him.  Our defense is saving him from taking alot of criticism as the team keeps winning .  

Telling the truth on this board can get you slammed worse than what Hillary did to Tulsi.. They need an accurate QB or the ceiling will always be limited.

15 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I know you're joking, but I bet he could be motivated and had for a song.

and destroy the locker room, IMO. We don't need the circus to come to town.  Go Bills !

13 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

When he was drafted he was considered by all to be the rawest QB with the highest upside. We are basically one full year of starts into his tenure as our starting quarterback and people seem surprised that he needs to develop. Actually .. in many ways he appears to be ahead of schedule. He is a leader on and off the field and while he needs to deliver consistently he has shown that he can deliver especially in crunch time.  "139.6 = NFL-leading fourth quarter passer rating

His completion percentage might be a bit behind the league’s best. His touchdown to interception ratio is an even 1:1, and he’s averaging just 220 passing yards per game. But even Josh Allen will tell you, he’s all about the ‘W’s, which is why when the game is on the line the Bills quarterback is at his best.

Prime evidence of that comes in the measure of Allen’s play come the fourth quarter.

Allen currently leads the league in fourth quarter passer rating with a mark of 139.6.

The next closest players, who have appeared in all of their team’s games this season are Atlanta’s Matt Ryan (130.5) and Houston’s DeShaun Watson (116.9).

Allen’s completion percentage in the fourth quarter jumps more than five percent from his season total as he’s completing close to 69 percent of his passes (68.8%). His yards per attempt of 9.75 in the fourth quarter also leads the league and his touchdown percentage of 12.5 percent also leads all quarterbacks who have started all of their team’s games thus far.

Buffalo’s lead signal caller has four touchdown passes in the fourth quarter against no interceptions. Two of those fourth quarter touchdown passes happened this past Sunday in what wound up being Allen’s fifth fourth-quarter comeback in just 17 starts." this quote comes from this link ... https://www.buffalobills.com/news/josh-allen-leads-nfl-quarterbacks-in-this-category-plus-8-other-noteworthy-numbe

If you were a wrong Josher because he was never going to develop accuracy .. well he has certainly grown in that area and you probably need to give him time to see where he ends up in a year or so. If you were a right Josher you signed up that he was a developmental guy and you should be happy with the progress. 

when you watch the games those stats come tumbling down. C'mon man !

10 hours ago, ToddAllan said:

I feel like we are actually watching Josh Allen turn the corner as we speak. His development this season has been wonderful, and with a light schedule, he should gain valuable experience against weaker opponents. That will propel the Bills into the late season showdown against the Patriots, hopefully for the division crown!

Getting back to the thread subject, I wonder which guys in the league at WR are "process" guys. Any ideas there? I'm sure Mike Evans would fit into the culture, but we could have had him in the draft. I will think of the trade up for Sammy Watkins when we talk receivers for the next decade or so.

Lastly, I expect a move before the trade deadline from Beane, but I don't necessarily think it'll be at wideout. OLB & DE/Edge are strong contenders, too.

Middle name, Pollyanna ?

8 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I think they are dangling him as trade bait.

Trade bait ? The draft is only 7 rounds. Who would want him for any price ?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Compensation would be interesting.  I mean he's only 24 and was the 5th pick in the 2017 draft.

Davis was also somewhat productive last season gaining over 800 yards. Considering he has one more year left on his rookie deal (with the possibility of a 5th year option) and those other factors you mentioned I think they are going to want some decent compensation. I think they are going to at least want a 3rd round pick. I don't think they are tossing him aside for anything less. 

7 hours ago, driddles said:

Needs to be a speedster to track down Josh's overthrown deep balls

Yep. Need to find a 6'9 speedster with incredible arm length to have a chance of catching the throws before they fly past them, heading for , God knows where.. Oh and give up no more than 3rd. Get 'er done, Brandon.

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah. That’s why it needs to be higher than that.  

Miller is being held back by their qbs.  Foster, minus the end of the last year, has really produced in the NFL or college.  I don’t know why the Bears would do that, but if you can make happen, I’d love it.  I think Miller could be really good in the right system. 

Think that would change if he was traded here ?

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Yep. Need to find a 6'9 speedster with incredible arm length to have a chance of catching the throws before they fly past them, heading for , God knows where.. Oh and give up no more than 3rd. Get 'er done, Brandon.

Think that would change if he was traded here ?

Do you think you could find it in you heart to find something remotely positive to say?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

Do you think you could find it in you heart to find something remotely positive to say?

Yes. I think we have enough talent that if we could get an accurate QB like Tua (or anyone that can get the ball to the right person, ON TARGET) , this team would score 35 points a game and we could take down the Pats    NO DOUBT.

5 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Yes. I think we have enough talent that if we could get an accurate QB like Tua (or anyone that can get the ball to the right person, ON TARGET) , this team would score 35 points a game and we could take down the Pats    NO DOUBT.

Atta boy, but I wouldn't put all your eggs in the Tua basket.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If this happens it is the end for Robert Foster. 

This is the odd thing. We have a WR who caught over 1,000 yards last year and inexplicably injured or not playing for some other nebulous reason. We picked up Beasley and Brown in FA, but somehow we need another QB. 

What the Bills need is a running game. Without one, teams will just keep blitzing and Allen with miss the wide open [insert WR we acquire]. I think this is smoke screen. We don’t need another WR. We need Singletary to get touches. Again, another player we are utilizing. Maybe he’s still injured. If we can’t get a RB, go get a RT. 

16 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Pop quiz: what QB leads the NFL in completion percentage on passes of under 30 yards?