R Talbot (via ESPN) - bills on the hunt for a WR

Reed83HOF

2 hours ago, purple haze said:

Mike Evans is 26 years old.  He' just entering his prime.  He has produced at a high level.  He's better right now than anyone they would get in the draft, which is a crapshoot. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills traded for a player like him.  He fits now and the future.  But it's probably a pipe dream for that very reason.  Why would the Bucs want to deal him?

If the Bucs were smart they would consider it, their defense is improved. Dumping Evans would allow them to replace Jameis and add a few more significant pieces in the same draft. Godwin looks like the real deal, he could fill out WR1.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I prefer the DE from Jacksonville.  I won’t even attempt to spell his name.  He’s only 24.  That’s the kind of guy I’d be willing to give up a high pick for.  

I am definitely not on the "build up the defense even more" train, but yeah, Yannick Ngakoue would be a crazy good addition, both short and long term

Edited by JM57
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

Ok, I'll play along.............

Mike Evans.

?

Would LOVE to get Evans. The price would be high though, likely two 1st's and a 3rd would be my guess. I don't think Arians parts with his top playmaker though. 

14 minutes ago, JM57 said:

I am definitely not on the "build up the defense even more" train, but yeah, Yannick Ngakoue would be a crazy good addition, both short and long term

Ngakoue is a guy I want us to target in FA next year. If the Jags are trying to move him then hopefully Beane is in on that. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Would LOVE to get Evans. The price would be high though, likely two 1st's and a 3rd would be my guess. I don't think Arians parts with his top playmaker though. 

Ngakoue is a guy I want us to target in FA next year. If the Jags are trying to move him then hopefully Beane is in on that. 

Godwin has been their top playmaker.  Evans is signed through 2023 and not getting enough targets with a big contract commitment .  O.J. Howard is someone the Bucs want to see more passes go to and denied the Pats attempt to trade for him.  Jamies is someone that has shown that he is not the answer and they made need picks to get their QB.  

They need help in a lot of other areas too.  It all points toward a higher likelihood than you might think and I think he won’t be anymore valuable as a trade asset than now if he continues on the pace he’s on this season.  The cost is the only thing that may prevent it from happening - I’m betting the Pats asked already before targeting Sanu. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Josh Allen has to start playing better- playing against arguably the worst team in the league in Miami who was  missing their top two DB's should have been a breakout out game for him.  Our defense is saving him from taking alot of criticism as the team keeps winning .  

When he was drafted he was considered by all to be the rawest QB with the highest upside. We are basically one full year of starts into his tenure as our starting quarterback and people seem surprised that he needs to develop. Actually .. in many ways he appears to be ahead of schedule. He is a leader on and off the field and while he needs to deliver consistently he has shown that he can deliver especially in crunch time.  "139.6 = NFL-leading fourth quarter passer rating

His completion percentage might be a bit behind the league’s best. His touchdown to interception ratio is an even 1:1, and he’s averaging just 220 passing yards per game. But even Josh Allen will tell you, he’s all about the ‘W’s, which is why when the game is on the line the Bills quarterback is at his best.

Prime evidence of that comes in the measure of Allen’s play come the fourth quarter.

Allen currently leads the league in fourth quarter passer rating with a mark of 139.6.

The next closest players, who have appeared in all of their team’s games this season are Atlanta’s Matt Ryan (130.5) and Houston’s DeShaun Watson (116.9).

Allen’s completion percentage in the fourth quarter jumps more than five percent from his season total as he’s completing close to 69 percent of his passes (68.8%). His yards per attempt of 9.75 in the fourth quarter also leads the league and his touchdown percentage of 12.5 percent also leads all quarterbacks who have started all of their team’s games thus far.

Buffalo’s lead signal caller has four touchdown passes in the fourth quarter against no interceptions. Two of those fourth quarter touchdown passes happened this past Sunday in what wound up being Allen’s fifth fourth-quarter comeback in just 17 starts." this quote comes from this link ... https://www.buffalobills.com/news/josh-allen-leads-nfl-quarterbacks-in-this-category-plus-8-other-noteworthy-numbe

If you were a wrong Josher because he was never going to develop accuracy .. well he has certainly grown in that area and you probably need to give him time to see where he ends up in a year or so. If you were a right Josher you signed up that he was a developmental guy and you should be happy with the progress. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, purple haze said:

Mike Evans is 26 years old.  He' just entering his prime.  He has produced at a high level.  He's better right now than anyone they would get in the draft, which is a crapshoot. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills traded for a player like him.  He fits now and the future.  But it's probably a pipe dream for that very reason.  Why would the Bucs want to deal him?

This, this, and this.

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

The Bills would never get a big name receiver, but are searching in the dumpsters for a low cost option which would have ZERO impact. They could of had Sanders or Sanu but whiffed.

Sanders and Sanu aren't all pros. I honestly don't think either one of them would have made an impact here. We have a couple of Sanders's here already. We don't need another. And Sanu isn't a game changer. He'll be good in NE playing with Brady. Howard Simon said on the morning show yesterday that to him Sanu is like a Robert Woods type. I agree with that. A Robert Woods type doesn't really help us much. I'm fine that we didn't go after either

11 hours ago, njbuff said:

Here we go again.

This means nothing until I can get verified evidence that the Bills are linked to "NAMES" not fantasy.

I don’t know that’s not necessarily how it works. It’s QUITE possible, if not likely, that they’ve inquired on a bunch of guys. They didn’t like the price tag so they walked away. Apparently they inquired on Sanu for one.

When a reputable NFL insider puts a teams name in a tweet like this it is almost always true. It is a very, very small percentage of deals discussed that actually get done. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Quite honestly, and I agree with the bolded part of what you said, I honestly think the Pats gave up a second for Sanu to drive Green's price up. It's already a well known fact that Beane likes his draft picks too much

Green has 10 games left on his deal.  People are thinking he will fetch way more than he will.  No more than a 3rd is my guess if they trade him.  No guarantee he resigns you would be crazy to give up more than that.  

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Green has 10 games left on his deal.  People are thinking he will fetch way more than he will.  No more than a 3rd is my guess if they trade him.  No guarantee he resigns you would be crazy to give up more than that.  

I thought this as well until Sanu went for a 2nd, and Sanders went for three picks.   Bottom line is we know Beane isn't going to do anything that will make them worse in the future to be better right now.  Their mantra is any move they make needs to make them better now, and tomorrow.   If they trade for Green its going to have to come with an extension on his contract.

45 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Let's hold off on WR until the draft.  Go after Von Miller!

Yep another poster thinking 14-10 wins is the way to go..... 

Thankfully I can PVR games & channel surf, because while they are winning, the games are not particularly fun to watch.

Ughhhhhh.  

Many here do not want to touch the subject, but it is fun to speculate on what Beane would do about a Wr. Mike Evans would be one of those not believed to be available trades. Evans is young and very proven and not aging and injured.

Edited by Rocket94