R Talbot (via ESPN) - bills on the hunt for a WR

Reed83HOF

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's an interesting question.  It's Lynn's 3rd year, and Phillip Rivers is getting painful to watch.  But there are extenuating circumstances in so many OL injuries and inadequate depth. 

Do we feel comfortable enough that we could trade them something they desperately need and we seem to have some depth at - OL talent - for Mike Williams?

How about Keenan Allen instead?

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Mike Evans would really be one of the few players that could be a perfect combo of value and skill. I doubt the Bucs would do it, but he isn’t being targeted as much and the Bucs are likely hitting reset at QB in the offseason.  So it’s more likely than you might think.

Hes worth a first. 

Another similar option to me is Chargers, Keenan Allen.  Not quite Evans but Good WR with only 1.5 years left on a deal for a team heading for a reboot. 

IMO I think Beane is going to think twice before trading a high draft asset for rent-a-player.  So some of these name that have been thrown around like Mike Evans....it’s not going to happen.  

The 2020 draft is supposed to be very high on WR’s and I can’t see him giving away a premium pick to have a WR play on the roster for a half a season.  

As much as I’d love to see AJ Green on the time, I don’t think I’d trade a 1st or even 2nd round pick for him

16 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Sure I didn’t. The duke ballwashers had their schtick on full blast after his first game. Keep that head in the sand

Duke was seen as an upgrade over Zay, and he clearly has been. No one is thinking he is a permanent fixture. He represents basic competence at the position. Everyone knows we need to get better there.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

IMO I think Beane is going to think twice before trading a high draft asset for rent-a-player.  So some of these name that have been thrown around like Mike Evans....it’s not going to happen.  

The 2020 draft is supposed to be very high on WR’s and I can’t see him giving away a premium pick to have a WR play on the roster for a half a season.  

As much as I’d love to see AJ Green on the time, I don’t think I’d trade a 1st or even 2nd round pick for him

Quite honestly, and I agree with the bolded part of what you said, I honestly think the Pats gave up a second for Sanu to drive Green's price up. It's already a well known fact that Beane likes his draft picks too much

If news or rumors like this  are leaking out, Beane may be looking for something big. I like the draft route myself, but the Bills may be targeting a Wr that is not believed to be available via trade! Someone like Evans would be that guy. Still young enough and proven to offset the loss of a draft pick.

Edited by Rocket94

Mike Evans is one of the few receivers I’d give up big picks for. Young, amazing catch radius, uber talented. Would be an absolute coup. That said, it’ll never happen. Bucs would me maniacs to move him. He’s young enough to be there and grow with their next QB. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Imagine if this Antonio Brown thing came full circle and we just signed him now lol After the whole circus he still ended up in buffalo without having to give up anything in a trade ?‍♂️

Before anyone jumps on here, obviously this was a joke and I know it won’t happen 

It's like a really sexy girl with AIDS. Looks good, you can picture it being fun, but damnnnnnn no way you're going in there LOL! DONT GET AIDS BEANE!!!

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

What do we think the starting point is, two 1sts? I think I would still do that. He's in the prime of his career and fits exactly what we're missing. But I highly doubt the Bucs would consider this.

I would do this as well. And I HATE the idea of trading firsts. He’s just that good. In a perfect draft, we draft a guy who might be as good as Mike Evans. I’d rather trade for the proven commodity. 

14 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Any concerns about how quickly Allen will gain familiarity with a new WR? Usually takes a lot of work to get a feel for each other.

Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper hit it off nicely. It can happen. If it’s a guy that fits the scheme and what they need, do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would not be surprised if the Bills make a trade before the deadline, but I believe the more likely chance is they look for a sleeper-type deal - a guy that they feel is buried on someone's depth chart and could fill one of the holes left by Horrible Harry's ACL and Milano's hamstring/Thompson's broken foot and possibly blossom under their system.  And Beane will not want to give much for him.

I just don't see Beane at this point "swinging for the fences" for a proven big name edge rusher or WR.  Although OMG if there were a chance at Von Miller....

I would hope Beane understands that 1) he has a young QB who needs help 2) that the AFC is very weak and 3) the offensive skill player options on the roster are OK but limited at this point.

That said, if they go the low-cost route it's gonna get interesting around here.  A PS type, street FA, or, as you say depth chart WR is gonna make it look like they're content.  And the last time they made a deal at the deadline it was Kelvin Benjamin.  Hopefully they've learned something since that debacle. And it's not someone from Carolina that the Panthers don't want. LOL

• Like (+1) 2