R Talbot (via ESPN) - bills on the hunt for a WR

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I was only joking.

I would be SHOCKED if Mike Evans is in the Bills plans.

Mike Evans would really be one of the few players that could be a perfect combo of value and skill. I doubt the Bucs would do it, but he isn’t being targeted as much and the Bucs are likely hitting reset at QB in the offseason.  So it’s more likely than you might think.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m not giving up 1st round picks I. A strong wr draft

Yeah if you trade it the guy better fill that role within acceptable age/injury parameters.

Maybe they could include Foster in the trade to drop it down from a 1st?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I really have no idea.

A 1st rounder and/or some help on D.  He has a big K so it’s a lot to take on for a team and if he has a down year he is going to be much less valuable by end of year in trade market. 

Edited by Ayjent

1 minute ago, Ayjent said:

Mike Evans would really be one of the few players that could be a perfect combo of value and skill. I doubt the Bucs would do it, but he isn’t being targeted as much and the Bucs are likely hitting reset at QB in the offseason.  So it’s more likely than you might think.

I'd be surprised if the Bills give up a high draft choice with strong WR draft coming up.

The Bills are all about being a contender every year for years to come, not just this year.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Here we go again.

This means nothing until I can get verified evidence that the Bills are linked to "NAMES" not fantasy.

Here we go again? How often is this a notion under Beane that we are going thru it again?

Moreover, when has Beane or the Bills conducted their business via the media? Why would you have concrete names of who they are after?

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The Chargers have got to be almost ready to feel like they are out here. They have some real nice pieces that you could probably get for some affordable prices

Maybe they may be willing part with Mike Williams who is still on his rookie contract?  He certainly hasn't lived up to hype, but he is fast, big, and has good hands.  Keenan would be nice too, but a bit more expensive.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

According to ESPN’s Dan Graziano, the Bills are doing their due diligence on available wide receivers leading up to the trade deadline. Graziano wrote on Twitter that Buffalo was on the hunt for a wide receiver. When someone asked Graziano to clarify his comment, the ESPN reporter said, “My understanding is that they are looking.”

I'd prefer it if there were some reference to source.  Not sure Ryan Talbot is very credible, but an ESPN guy should be.

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The Chargers have got to be almost ready to feel like they are out here. They have some real nice pieces that you could probably get for some affordable prices

Yep.  I was thinking Keenan Allen.  Under contract thru next season.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I'd be surprised if the Bills give up a high draft choice with strong WR draft coming up.

The Bills are all about being a contender every year for years to come, not just this year.

Prospects versus a proven commodity for a QB that needs an experienced no. 1 to help him develop.  Sure a good prospect comes cheaper but takes longer and is not a proven commodity.  I hear what you are saying but constantly looking to future isn’t taking care of the now. 

17 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Ok, I'll play along.............

Mike Evans.

?

I don’t think that’s unrealistic.  It will cost a first and change, but well worth it.  The rationale as to why the Bucs would trade him?  They suck, need to draft a new QB and might need ammo to do so.  Additionally, they need to sign Godwin next year.    

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I would not be surprised if the Bills make a trade before the deadline, but I believe the more likely chance is they look for a sleeper-type deal - a guy that they feel is buried on someone's depth chart and could fill one of the holes left by Horrible Harry's ACL and Milano's hamstring/Thompson's broken foot and possibly blossom under their system.  And Beane will not want to give much for him.

I just don't see Beane at this point "swinging for the fences" for a proven big name edge rusher or WR.  Although OMG if there were a chance at Von Miller....

• Like (+1) 1