Gase upset Darnold’s “seeing ghosts” being aired.

Beast

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I've heard other mic'd up comments during the broadcast. This is a normal thing, isn't it?

Just own it.

Exactly.  Obviously he's not concussed.  Just sounds like an old school NFL comment by a QB getting beat.

Why are people jumping on the literal meaning like he is crazy?  Oh yeah, because social media is ruled by the mob... A mob induced pile on.

The game is so fast, Patriots** find a way to get an edge... Heck, wouldn't put it past them to do something dirty... Their credibility speaks for itself.  The kid was seeing ghosts out there... He was lost.  Big deal, own it.  At least he's being honest with his coaches.

People take everything literally and then pile on.

/smh And I hate the Jets... This is just low by the public social media mob.  NFL Films cleared that audio... Because they have a sense of history.  People today are so dumb and just jerks.

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

Completely agree that it's a strange thing to focus on which only helps the legend of Gase being a total weirdo but I kind of want to give him a sliver of credit on this one? I fully expected him to throw Darnold under the bus or start to distance himself, but he kind of did the opposite in his own sleep deprived, conspiratorial way.

I don't think he's focusing on it.  I think he was asked about it and used the opportunity to air his displeasure.  "We'll be looking into that" means he'll tell one of the FO staffers to look into what they need to do to opt out and that's the end of his participation until he's asked again. 

Also it gave him another interview focus besides his team's crappy performance and the crappy offensive game plan he crafted for Sam

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

This is way over blown, dont even see why this made headlines.

Really? 

0) Ordinary fans and media aren't clued in that it's fairly common football sideline lingo 'we got him seeing ghosts' 'you're seeing ghosts, look at what's there'

1) It's a phrase custom made for memes, especially around Halloween

2) Sam had a Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad game, and the news that he said he was "seeing ghosts" elevated it to a "next level" of seeming ineptitude

3) per @Buffalo716 here, it's just not something a QB should say during a game except perhaps privately to his coach - which in fact may have been the context in which Sam said it.

4) Gase is PO'd because of 3) and because mic'd up is not supposed to air stuff that would embarass the player, which this undoubtedly is

HTH

I think people should be more concerned with how broken he looked in his post game presser... As someone said on Twitter, has this guy whose always been the golden haired boy, ever faced this kind of ball smashing? We’ll see if he recovers, but this is something that’s been known to end a career... that being said, Darnold may be a great talent, but I’d be shocked if Gase doesn’t ruin him. 

Just a comment that I think this is the kind of thing teams expect to get out when they cooperate with Mic'd up.

Here's the Shnowman, Mic'd up

I expect there may have been some profane or untoward utterings during the 1st half of the game, but those didn't make the cut

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Oh that would be priceless!!!

That would be priceless, but I don't think Jets fans have that much passion for the team or the game.  I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Really? 

0) Ordinary fans and media aren't clued in that it's fairly common football sideline lingo 'we got him seeing ghosts' 'you're seeing ghosts, look at what's there'

1) It's a phrase custom made for memes, especially around Halloween

2) Sam had a Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad game, and the news that he said he was "seeing ghosts" elevated it to a "next level" of seeming ineptitude

3) per @Buffalo716 here, it's just not something a QB should say during a game except perhaps privately to his coach - which in fact may have been the context in which Sam said it.

4) Gase is PO'd because of 3) and because mic'd up is not supposed to air stuff that would embarass the player, which this undoubtedly is

HTH

It’s funny...cuz the lingo is pretty standard and Leslie Frazier even used it in his press conference on Monday (before the Jets/pats game). “Seeing ghosts” isn’t vernacular unique to Darnold.