Emmanuel Sanders to 49ers

boco357

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

And the officials will see to it that TB has time by rarely ( if ever) flagging the Pats* OL for holding , and if that fails they will allow him to ground the ball without penalty. 

Exactly.  The Pats already have the officials as extra players on their roster.

Seems like a reasonable cost for a quality receiver. Especially considering that Sanders could net a 3rd round comp pick or a 4th round comp pick at worst. I would have loved to get Josh another quality veteran weapon like Sanders. I didn't like the fit with Sanu as it seemed like he was a better slot receiver and Beasley fills that need for the Bills. But Sanders is a quality outside weapon who might not have filled the void completely for a number 1 WR but certainly would have rounded out the WR core and balanced it out. 

I think this team has to be on the lookout for whatever else is on the market possibly. There is a significant need to get someone across from Brown that will take pressure off of Brown and open things up a bit more for Beasley. Not to say that the team should go crazy or over the top with a trade but if there is something that could be had at a good price why not pull the trigger on a trade? 

I may actually have to eat crow on the cost of acquiring a good WR.

The first sign was when Zay Jones netted a 2021 5th rounder.............he was a guy performing at a level so low that had he simply been released it wouldn't have surprised me if only 5-7 teams even put a claim in on him.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Sanu for a 2nd and Sanders for 3rd and 4th!?   Way too much for guys like that

Well 2 of the franchise's with the most trophies think they are worth it....I'll side with their philosophies on this one

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Seems like He’s got availability issues and the speed is it still there? 

I dunno. I feel like AJG is washed up. 

AJ Green has yet to play a snap this season. I think people are falling in love with the name and not realizing that he hasn't played yet and might not play for another 2-3 weeks at best. Green was still a quality WR last time he played even if injuries and age took a bit off of him. With Sanders off the market I am not sure where to pivot to. 

3 minutes ago, Cuboirs said:

meant to quote this ....Well these guys dont put us over the top either

Phillips was trending upward before his injury and both should be steady contributors for the next several years.  If this was the management of old where most of our picks yielded very little in the way of contributions then I would be more inclined to get Sanders but we longer live in those times.  Thankfully.

1 hour ago, boco357 said:

Per Shefty

Denver is dealing WR Emmanuel Sanders and a 2020 5th-round pick to San Francisco in exchange for 2020 3rd- and 4th-round picks, per league sources. First Mohamed Sanu, now Sanders....

Sanders a legit #1 WR in his day.  3rd and 4th round picks a lot for a 32 year old wideout who hasn't played a full season since 2016.

This is San Fran smacking the gauntlet down, to me, saying "we aren't just gonna run with the Big Dogs here, we gonna run past 'em"

Just now, Hebert19 said:

Il still guessing a 3rd.  Hes gone at the end of year anyway so a 3rd is a win for Bengals and there are 2 less bidders now

Bengals will probably get a third round comp pick for him if he signs elsewhere...so I would be a bit surprised if they give him up for one of the Bills late third round picks...

But maybe a third gets it done.. still not sure Beane goes for it sight unseen this year before the deadline..  If he was back on the field its a different story but that seems unlikely..

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/20/aj-green-unlikely-to-return-before-trade-deadline

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

AJ Green has yet to play a snap this season. I think people are falling in love with the name and not realizing that he hasn't played yet and might not play for another 2-3 weeks at best. Green was still a quality WR last time he played even if injuries and age took a bit off of him. With Sanders off the market I am not sure where to pivot to. 

Sanu, was another reasonable target... but a second?    Woah...  

Devante Parker in Miami? 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sanu, was another reasonable target... but a second?    Woah...  

Devante Parker in Miami? 

Sanu is more of a slot guy in my opinion, so I didn't see the fit and the cost was a bit outrageous as you said. I am not sure Miami would deal Parker within the division but I would trade a 5th or 4th for Parker. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Sanu is more of a slot guy in my opinion, so I didn't see the fit and the cost was a bit outrageous as you said. I am not sure Miami would deal Parker within the division but I would trade a 5th or 4th for Parker. 

In days gone by absolutely not but we are in different times where most GM's want to win.

1 hour ago, DasNootz said:

Market for green is getting smaller but more desperate - Bills, Indy and who? 

AJ is rumored to be out until October 29th, I don't think trading for an injured WR that due to be an UFA a wise investment, if anything we should be looking for O-line or TE help. 

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I may actually have to eat crow on the cost of acquiring a good WR.

The first sign was when Zay Jones netted a 2021 5th rounder.............he was a guy performing at a level so low that had he simply been released it wouldn't have surprised me if only 5-7 teams even put a claim in on him.

Seems like a waste of a crow when you can trade it for a conditional 7th...

3 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Has anybody given Alshon Jeffrey a thought? He's rumored to be unhappy with Wentz

I’d be all over that one. Not sure the eagles can part with him though. Desean is hurt, Agholor isn’t very good for them. Dealin Alshon basically means they have no receivers left for next year for sure. Philly is still in the hunt, selling off Jeffrey now tells the fans the season is over don’t bother coming to the rest of the games 

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

AJ is rumored to be out until October 29th, I don't think trading for an injured WR that due to be an UFA a wise investment, if anything we should be looking for O-line or TE help. 

Not sure what Tight ends are out on the market? OJ Howard would at least cost a 2nd if the Bucs are even looking to take a call on him. That is a bit too rich for my blood. Kyle Rudolph wouldn't cost much draft capital wise but I am not sure his cap number and production are a difference maker. 

I am also not sure what other Tight ends could be out on the market?