Emmanuel Sanders to 49ers

boco357

23 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Opinion time, does AJ Green put us over the top playoff wise?

As good as he is I don’t think he alone does it, would he improve the team? Yes, but by how much??

Go Bills!!!

My view is that he wouldn’t be as valuable as a man corner or a bigger RB.  Allen would be the worst player for us to lose, but if Gore it one of our outside corners gets hurt we will have a real problem.  

** and I realize that we’re primarily a zone team.  But we may need to press to win in the playoffs.  That seems to be the formula to beat KC, for example.  

Edited by SectionC3

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah but you do that and once Tom does retire you're looking at some lean years for at least a little while. Then the question is whether Belichick wants to hang around for those years and if he doesn't then you're in some real trouble.

Bills fans should understand you win while you can because once it stops you have no clue when it will be back..  trust me if I could sit threw 1-15 get Bledsoe I can handle a few lean years after The Pats get 7 Lombardis 

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

To quote Dennis Green:

"if you want to crown them, then crown their ass! But, they are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook!"

You might be willing to concede the Super Bowl already, but I don't think the Bills are.

Who’s crowing who?  I said they could still easily win it without him.  “Could” is the key word.  Reading comprehension isn’t hard.  

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills fans should understand you win while you can because once it stops you have no clue when it will be back..  trust me if I could sit threw 1-15 get Bledsoe I can handle a few lean years after The Pats get 7 Lombardis 

I understand the Pats doing it because of the bushel basket full of picks they have for 2020.  Management in Buffalo is building this team for the long term understanding that there will be down years here and there.

24 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

I don't want to give up a 3rd & a 4th for Emmanuel Sanders----

a late 4 swapping with early 5 is minimal. It’s essentially trading him for one of the last few picks on day 2 and sliding back a couple spots to open day 3.

37 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ugh- wanted Sanders in Buffalo.  Third and fourth is still steep though. 

I think Green is the much better fit IMO. No idea if we're actually in on him, but Sanders seems a bit redundant with Beasley and McKenzie on the roster. 

To me, AJ is the perfect compliment. Size and speed to play the outside opposite Brown. 

30 minutes ago, Bills Survivor said:

He's not asleep at the wheel, hes intelligent. He doesnt want to give up valuable future assets for decent (Sanu) and old (Sanders) skill position players. He's trying to build a perennial contender and you don't get there making desperate moves, despite the impatience in Buffalo for us to be great again after the embarrassing past two decades. We've seen numerous blissfully ignorant GMs over the years but this isn't one of them. If theres a good move to be made for someone to help this team immediately I'm confident they will move on it.

But he traded a 3rd for KB...

• Haha (+1) 2

Anyone know what the Falcons are rumored to be wanting for Beasley? I think he’d fit in well here on rotation with a little McD tutelage. I’d love Von Miller, but that ain’t happening. 

Bonus: The Beasley name could almost be the new Williams on this team. 

Edited by TheProcess

30 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Sad thing is New England could easily win it without that trade.  That trade doesn’t move the needle for them either way.  

I totally agree with you.  I said this earlier, it doesn't matter who the receivers for the Pats are, as long as there is one guy open, Brady will find him if you give him the time.  This move as well as the 49ers was largely prompted because of injuries.  Both receiving corps are beat up at this point.  New England tried to trade with Tampa Bay for OJ Howard, but the Bucs turned them down.  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about upthread.

Is he really available?  How much would it take to get him?  Would his acquisition be that extra something that allows us to finally beat the New England Patriots in a playoff game?  

I am in favor of a "win now" strategy for this season.  Things are wide open, outside of NE, in the AFC at least.

If we could find a way to beat New England, as crazy as it sounds, this team could appear in the Super Bowl.

I think we need a pass rusher more than we need a WR.

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

But he traded a 3rd for KB...

KB however wasn’t the first target. They were interested in John Brown and that other knucklehead WR from PIT ( name escapes me ) but those deals didn’t materialize. Beane finally made a last minute deal , and referenced that there might be a player’s revolt if he didn’t do something to bolster the team. That offseason saw a lot of player departures and they found themselves in a playoff race anyway, so the deal was made. Didn’t work out, but the cost wasn’t a killer either. 

7 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I totally agree with you.  I said this earlier, it doesn't matter who the receivers for the Pats are, as long as there is one guy open, Brady will find him if you give him the time. 

And the officials will see to it that TB has time by rarely ( if ever) flagging the Pats* OL for holding , and if that fails they will allow him to ground the ball without penalty. 

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yep, that’s what it will come down to with Green... a bet..

I don’t think Beane gives up a Second (or more) on that bet..

Il still guessing a 3rd.  Hes gone at the end of year anyway so a 3rd is a win for Bengals and there are 2 less bidders now

14 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I think Green is the much better fit IMO. No idea if we're actually in on him, but Sanders seems a bit redundant with Beasley and McKenzie on the roster. 

To me, AJ is the perfect compliment. Size and speed to play the outside opposite Brown. 

Seems like He’s got availability issues and the speed is it still there? 

I dunno. I feel like AJG is washed up. 

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Harrison Phillips and Singletary with our last couple of 3rd round picks.  I'd rather see Beane use our next 3rd rounder in next year's draft.  Sanders does not put us over the top.

meant to quote this ....Well these guys dont put us over the top either