Should the Bills go No-Huddle in the 1st half?

ganesh

Just now, ganesh said:

Considering the success Allen is having in the 4th quarter where a sense of urgency seems to lift his play, should the bills consider running an uptempo offense at the start of the game?

Thoughts?

If it works i’m all for it... maybe a $20,000.00 fine for every penalty, dropped pass or interception would be more effective, just sayin... ?

Go Bills!!!

The Bills, to a man, have stated from the very beginning there’s a specific game plan for every opponent. They may go Air Allen, they may go Pound the Rock. They may go hurry up. They may run the clock.

This includes shuffling OL depending on opponents DL, sit a starting WR or RB. 

Sorry, but they’re aren’t asking fans what they think they should do, nor do they give a damn. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

The Bills, to a man, have stated from the very beginning there’s a specific game plan for every opponent. They may go Air Allen, they may go Pound the Rock. They may go hurry up. They may run the clock.

This includes shuffling OL depending on opponents DL, sit a starting WR or RB. 

Sorry, but they’re aren’t asking fans what they think they should do, nor do they give a damn. 

What are you, Marv ? ?

• Haha (+1) 3

At this point I am a believer in the concept that Allen is over-amped at the beginning of the game sometimes. It's impossible to prove and doesn't always look that way, but he has even mentioned or alluded to it himself at times. This could be a way to get him calmed down a little, quicker, with less time to think and just go out and play. I think I would try it.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

At this point I am a believer in the concept that Allen is over-amped at the beginning of the game sometimes. It's impossible to prove and doesn't always look that way, but he has even mentioned or alluded to it himself at times. This could be a way to get him calmed down a little, quicker, with less time to think and just go out and play. I think I would try it.

.....a very fair assessment bud....think the adrenaline gets pumping a bit too fast...he presses and at times tends to play with his heart first versus his head....all part of the maturation process IMO......

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah, But..

Josh ISN’T the guy who jumped the snap. Josh ISN’T the guy who got caught Holding to negate a great pass by himself. Josh ISN’T the guy who drops perfect passes on 3rd Down. Amped up? I wish his teammates were that amped up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Considering the success Allen is having in the 4th quarter where a sense of urgency seems to lift his play, should the bills consider running an uptempo offense at the start of the game?

Thoughts?

I like it. The ineffective starts seem to be Allen trying to get the "feel" or rhythm going, maybe this would help accelerate the process.  When I watch the games, I swear you can almost pinpoint the moment things start to click for him and it reflects in his play and the way he carries himself.

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yeah, But..

Josh ISN’T the guy who jumped the snap. Josh ISN’T the guy who got caught Holding to negate a great pass by himself. Josh ISN’T the guy who drops perfect passes on 3rd Down. Amped up? I wish his teammates were that amped up.

They were so amped they jumped the snap! ;) I dont think he was all that bad at all in this game, especially on second viewing, and I agree with all of your points. I do think, overall, sometimes it takes him a while to get going. Surely not always, as I originally said.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Thoughts?

I'd be OK with it as long as they aren't going 3 and out quickly...going up tempo makes the defense declare much more because they don't have time to disguise and it simplifies reads.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Thoughts?

The J gun. why not, I wonder if mcdermott is averse to it though as it leaves so much time on the clock.

having said that it's nice also to have it in the back pocket.

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Thoughts?

Wasn't there talk about how the Rams were coming to the line well before the helmet radio cut off and McVay was helping Goff decode the defense and set the protections?

My thought is it all depends upon stuff I can't know, like how the Bills are handling who sets the OL protections and so forth.  In general, I think it helps rookie QBs to have more time to communicate.

• Like (+1) 1