Great Expectations - This week's BuffNews Fan column

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

https://buffalonews.com/2019/10/22/buffalo-bills-bills-fans-mafia-miami-dolphins/

Please read, comment, critique, applaud, pick nits, quote, misquote, mislabel as Fake News, overrate, etc. You know, be yourselves. ;)

Please summarize as it will not let at least myself view it with out being a subscriber.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Please summarize as it will not let at least myself view it with out being a subscriber.  

There is an extraordinary, seemingly endless series of witty, trenchant, insightful, original, outrageous observations, some hilarious anecdotes, quotes no one has ever heard anywhere from anyone, followed by a shrewd, unique perspective on the macro and micro of the game and season from an insider, summed up brilliantly and followed by free giveaways, coupons for free college tuition at the university of your choice, pictures of naked girls and analytics! I would subscribe if I were you.

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There is an extraordinary, seemingly endless series of witty, trenchant, insightful, original, outrageous observations, some hilarious anecdotes, quotes no one has ever heard anywhere from anyone, followed by a shrewd, unique perspective on the macro and micro of the game and season from an insider, summed up brilliantly and followed by free giveaways, coupons for free college tuition at the university of your choice, pictures of naked girls and analytics! I would subscribe if I were you.

Very good review of your work!  More humor here than in your article.  I'm not complaining though.  Your take on that game and the fans was spot on.

Love this  "Style points are not a stat, oeven a thing."  

Fans should remember this.  Your take on McD and his approach to Josh and this team is what we should be happy about.  You play to win the game.  You coach to win the game.  However it gets done, if you win...you won.  (No rhyme intended there.)  Teams come out flat occasionally and play down to their competition...and lose.  This team did the former, but not the latter.  Good analysis and well written...as always.

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Very good review of your work!  More humor here than in your article.  I'm not complaining though.  Your take on that game and the fans was spot on.

Love this  "Style points are not a stat, oeven a thing."  

Fans should remember this.  Your take on McD and his approach to Josh and this team is what we should be happy about.  You play to win the game.  You coach to win the game.  However it gets done, if you win...you won.  (No rhyme intended there.)  Teams come out flat occasionally and play down to their competition...and lose.  This team did the former, but not the latter.  Good analysis and well written...as always.

Thanks a lot. I think it's natural to look at games different than coaches do. And to always remember that McDermott is not only a defensive coach, but an extremely conservative defensive coach, and his in game decisions prove this over and over. Not to mention that because of this, Josh's brain misfires in the Pats game drive a guy like that nuts. So he is not going to allow Allen to just throw it all over the field and gain these mythic 300 yards.

• Like (+1) 1