Bills Ranked 5th in Week 8 CBS Sports Power Rankings (10/22)

This is the highest the Bills have been in a long time. BTW, the Eagles are 19th, lol!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-8-power-rankings-packers-climb-behind-aaron-rodgers-cowboys-and-vikings-also-move-up/

1. New England (7-0)

2. San Francisco (6-0)

3. New Orelans (6-1)

4. Green Bay (6-1)

5. Buffalo (5-1)

"It wasn't pretty against the Dolphins, but they found a way. That's what good teams do. They have the look of a playoff team."

Edited by class_of_2012
  • Like (+1) 1

Buffalo is 9th in the ESPN Power Rankings, dropping one spot from last week:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27889924/week-8-nfl-power-rankings-1-32-poll-plus-new-goals-every-team

1. New Engkand (7-0)

2. New Orleans (6-1)

3. San Francisco (6-0)

4. Green Bay (6-1)

5. Kansas City (5-2)

6. Baltimore (5-2)

7. Seattle (5-2)

8. Minnesota (5-2)

9. Buffalo (5-1)

"Recalibrated expectation: Make the playoffs

With their current 5-1 record and one of the NFL's easiest remaining schedules, there's no excuse for the Bills not to make the playoffs for the second time in three seasons -- something that hasn't happened since they made back-to-back postseason appearances in 1998 and 1999. They're only one game back of the AFC East-leading Patriots, but overtaking them for what could end up being the conference's No. 1 seed seems less realistic than capturing a wild-card berth. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques"

22 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

This is the highest the Bills have been in a long time. BTW, the Eagles are 19th, lol!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-8-power-rankings-packers-climb-behind-aaron-rodgers-cowboys-and-vikings-also-move-up/

1. New England (7-0)

2. San Francisco (6-0)

3. New Orelans (6-1)

4. Green Bay (6-1)

5. Buffalo (5-1)

"It wasn't pretty against the Dolphins, but they found a way. That's what good teams do. They have the look of a playoff team."

uh oh ...someone won't like that the list is in order of their record .....   lol   :D

someone pinch me ...

It wasn't pretty against the Dolphins, but they found a way. That's what good teams do. They have the look of a playoff team.

I must be dreaming 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I have to lean more towards the 9th best than the 5th best after the Dolphins game.  Dolphins were beat up all over the offensive line and the Bills didn’t do enough to take advantage of that. Defense looked very average. Offense looked out of sync for 3 quarters. Time for Daboll to call a good game for 4 quarters and the offense to cut out the  penalties. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

The Dolphins game may be just another case of a good team showing a little bit of a letdown and a bad team playing up. This week will be a better test. 

Yep, plus the Bills had just come off a bye and were a little complacent and rusty.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

Yep, plus the Bills had just come off a bye and were a little complacent and rusty.

that is a ready-made excuse but there are still troubling signs consistent with all the pre-bye games.......1) a rash of penalties, esp. pre-snap; 2) questionable play-calling; 3) inability to connect on the bomb; 4) needing to "flip the switch" late in the game after trailing, aka sleepwalking; 5) untimely drops

IMHO this is not a sustainable model for success. We need to be honest and admit we have been lucky AND good but not in all areas. And for the record, I am a huge JA fan and want him to prosper.

I am the furthest thing from a Debbie Downer, but rather a pragmatist. Let's hope for continued improvement so we don't have to continue to ***** victory from the jaws of defeat. When it was 14-9 and the Fins were driving to almost make it 21-9, I kept thinking how bad I was going to feel Monday morning. I don't want that to happen again.

Edited by BuffaninSarasota
additional content
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I have to lean more towards the 9th best than the 5th best after the Dolphins game.  Dolphins were beat up all over the offensive line and the Bills didn’t do enough to take advantage of that. Defense looked very average. Offense looked out of sync for 3 quarters. Time for Daboll to call a good game for 4 quarters and the offense to cut out the  penalties. 

I guess SF winning with 3 field goals is acceptable

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, class_of_2012 said:

Buffalo is 9th in the ESPN Power Rankings, dropping one spot from last week:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27889924/week-8-nfl-power-rankings-1-32-poll-plus-new-goals-every-team

1. New Engkand (7-0)

2. New Orleans (6-1)

3. San Francisco (6-0)

4. Green Bay (6-1)

5. Kansas City (5-2)

6. Baltimore (5-2)

7. Seattle (5-2)

8. Minnesota (5-2)

9. Buffalo (5-1)

"Recalibrated expectation: Make the playoffs

With their current 5-1 record and one of the NFL's easiest remaining schedules, there's no excuse for the Bills not to make the playoffs for the second time in three seasons -- something that hasn't happened since they made back-to-back postseason appearances in 1998 and 1999. They're only one game back of the AFC East-leading Patriots, but overtaking them for what could end up being the conference's No. 1 seed seems less realistic than capturing a wild-card berth. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques"

I don't understand the comment here by Marcel Louis-Jacques. 

Why is it hard to believe the Bills who should have one that first game vs NE could beat them in the rematch? 

Lets say the Bills enter that game with only 1 loss and NE is undefeated and the Bills beat NE so they are both 1 loss teams with each loosing to the other, then what? Possible? Yes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, class_of_2012 said:

1. New England (7-0)

2. San Francisco (6-0)

3. New Orelans (6-1)

4. Green Bay (6-1)

5. Buffalo (5-1)

Respectfully, I can't LOL about it because the Bills' last opponent, up at halftime and down by three before the onsides kick, was 32 the previous week.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Yav said:

I don't understand the comment here by Marcel Louis-Jacques. 

Why is it hard to believe the Bills who should have one that first game vs NE could beat them in the rematch? 

Lets say the Bills enter that game with only 1 loss and NE is undefeated and the Bills beat NE so they are both 1 loss teams with each loosing to the other, then what? Possible? Yes. 

Its in NE is probably the main reason he is saying that. Why should the Bills have won? It was a battle of defenses and NE did what it needed to do. What is more likely - Brady plays better or Allen plays better next time?

• Like (+1) 1