Gmfb - Pats best D ever

Hebert19

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Every player on the Bills I mentioned was discarded.  So they were all resurrected by the supernatural coaching of McD and Leslie Frasier?  You're making no sense.  Players get offloaded all the time.  Good ones thrive elsewhere-especially on better teams.

I never said that they are "superstars", so save your breath endlessly repeating that.  On that D, they are studs.

If you really stopped and thought about it, you’d realize we are saying the exact same thing - It’s impressive what they are doing with very few household names. Speaks to coaching, and yes on THAT D, they ARE playing like studs. That’s my point and what I’ve been saying the ENTIRE time. For some reason, Collins made 1 pro bowl and was second team all pro a few years ago (largely invisible since), and you are hell bent on arguing about something not worth arguing. 

Also, there’s a difference with your contract expiring naturally and becoming a free agent where you can choose to sign where you want as a FA (Poyer, Hyde, and loosely Alexander although he’s been around on many teams and was a ST guy before coming here and rediscovering himself on D) vs. your prior team saying you aren’t good enough for us and trading you or cutting you loose earlier than the length of your contract (Van Noy, Hughes, Chung, Collins x2, Shelton). 

GMFB is incorrect, The Miami Dolphins undefeated team has the best Defense, The did what no one else has done, and until the pats duplicate that their D will not be the greatest. W/L record is the final determining factor always is always will be.

10 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

1985 Chicago Bears season

pats* - 11-5

redskins - 10-6

49ers - 10-6

cowgirls - 10-6

fins - 12-4

jets - 11-5

looks like 6 with a winning record.

The defense led the league in points allowed (198), yards allowed (4,135) and takeaways (54), a feat that wouldn’t be accomplished again until the 2013 Seattle Seahawks defense.

You can couch your reasons any way you like for not giving the Pats*** defense any credit, but it doesn’t make any difference.

Statistically, through their first 7 games this season, they are performing at a historic level. That’s a simple reality.

No matter how many arguments you offer for the “why” of it all. 

Obviously they are an elite defense, and in the conversation for best ever, but they are particularly adapted to take advantage of young inexperienced QBs.  Not conincidentally, they have face a number of those early this season.  They would be a challenge for any QB, but Aaron Rodgers is going to look far different against this defense than Sam Darnold looks.  BTW, Buffalo probably has the personnel to follow New England's strategy on defense when Buffalo faces the Jets at the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

If you really stopped and thought about it, you’d realize we are saying the exact same thing - It’s impressive what they are doing with very few household names. Speaks to coaching, and yes on THAT D, they ARE playing like studs. That’s my point and what I’ve been saying the ENTIRE time. For some reason, Collins made 1 pro bowl and was second team all pro a few years ago (largely invisible since), and you are hell bent on arguing about something not worth arguing. 

Also, there’s a difference with your contract expiring naturally and becoming a free agent where you can choose to sign where you want as a FA (Poyer, Hyde, and loosely Alexander although he’s been around on many teams and was a ST guy before coming here and rediscovering himself on D) vs. your prior team saying you aren’t good enough for us and trading you or cutting you loose earlier than the length of your contract (Van Noy, Hughes, Chung, Collins x2, Shelton). 

Could have led with that 4 posts ago.

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

You can couch your reasons any way you like for not giving the Pats*** defense any credit, but it doesn’t make any difference.

Statistically, through their first 7 games this season, they are performing at a historic level. That’s a simple reality.

No matter how many arguments you offer for the “why” of it all. 

you're entitled to your opinion k9, I may not agree but entitled none the less.

I'm not propping them up only 7 games in and basically playing nobody so far is not  impressive to me.

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Barring the 5-1 Bills ...   They played teams with a combined 4 wins.
Pittsburgh 2 - started 0-3 
Miami 0
New York NYETS 1
Washington 1
New York NYETS 1*

Softness of the Schedule matters 

The Bills schedule Minus the 7-0 Pats:

Miami 0 

Jets 1

Titans 3

Bengals: 0

yours as well with a combined 4 wins.  Doesn’t mean your D is any softer.. but for fun.. average margin of Victory over those “cupcakes”:

Bills: 7.2 (in 5 wins)

Pats: 24.86 (in 7 wins)

outside of the Bills NO team has come close to scaring the Pats.

what I took from crunching the numbers?

The Pats be at worse 6-1 with a D that was a little less dominant.  While the Bills would be a .500 team if it wasn’t for your dominating D. (That Jets Game is a big L with even a small tick down from dominance by the bills D)

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you're entitled to your opinion k9, I may not agree but entitled none the less.

I'm not propping them up only 7 games in and basically playing nobody so far is not  impressive to me.

And that’s the key point at this juncture. There’s a ton of football left to be played and a lot of weird crap can happen at the hands of the fickle football gods. 

I’m simply pointing out that, through 7 games, their defensive stats are historic relative to past great defenses, regardless. I’m not big on rationalizing the “why” of it all. It doesn’t matter if it’s impressive or not, the numbers are what they are. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

The Tuck

Spygate

Deflategate

Formationgate - Offensive Lineman illegal formation [they ran the play 2 consecutive times which is illegal] 

PEDSgate (6x since 2007)  

• S Rodney Harrison (2007)
  • LB Brandon Spikes (2010)
  • DE Jermaine Cunningham (2012)
  • RB Brandon Boldin (2012)
  • DE Rob Ninkovich (2016)
  • WR Julian Edelman (2018)

Headsetgate  - Pittsburgh Steelers

False injury reports

Did I miss any? 

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills schedule Minus the 7-0 Pats:

Miami 0 

Jets 1

Titans 3

Bengals: 0

yours as well with a combined 4 wins.  Doesn’t mean your D is any softer.. but for fun.. average margin of Victory over those “cupcakes”:

Bills: 7.2 (in 5 wins)

Pats: 24.86 (in 7 wins)

outside of the Bills NO team has come close to scaring the Pats.

what I took from crunching the numbers?

The Pats be at worse 6-1 with a D that was a little less dominant.  While the Bills would be a .500 team if it wasn’t for your dominating D. (That Jets Game is a big L with even a small tick down from dominance by the bills D)

Did I say the Bills were different schedule wise?   I think not. 

Whats this?  Why did you forget to include the 2 win Giants

Are you the typical Pats fan trying to alter the facts ??? 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The Tuck

Spygate

Deflategate

Formationgate - Offensive Lineman illegal formation [they ran the play 2 consecutive times which is illegal] 

PEDSgate (6x since 2007)  

• S Rodney Harrison (2007)
  • LB Brandon Spikes (2010)
  • DE Jermaine Cunningham (2012)
  • RB Brandon Boldin (2012)
  • DE Rob Ninkovich (2016)
  • WR Julian Edelman (2018)

Headsetgate  - Pittsburgh Steelers

False injury reports

Did I miss any? 

Did I say the Bills were different schedule wise?   I think not. 

Whats this?  Why did you forget to include the 2 win Giants

Are you the typical Pats fan trying to alter the facts ??? 

Nope just forgot the Giants my bad!  My point was simple.. the D for the Pats has suffocated their opponents while the Bills D has As well they had no choice.. the true test for both was facing eachother and if we are honest Your D earned to win that day. Sadly for the Bills they made to many mistakes on O and ST and a fourth quarter comeback fell short.. 

oh and the Tuck, was called correctly. A god awful rule but called correctly.

formationgate - wring it was legal it was made illegal after the Ravens whined about it.. sort of like the illegal contact rule and the whiny Colts. 

PEDs who cares? We never know what it’s for and be honest so many of them were for pot.. (see spikes) or coming off an injury like Edelman and Harrison.

the rest been beaten like a dead horse and I am not touching it lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

I did, 4 hours ago in my first reply in this thread. But hey, if I needed to say it in terms more suitable to your eyes, I’m glad I could oblige. 

no you didn't.  You kept posting "they aren't superstars", when no one here was claiming otherwise.    Now we agree they are studs.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Nope just forgot the Giants my bad!  My point was simple.. the D for the Pats has suffocated their opponents while the Bills D has As well they had no choice.. the true test for both was facing eachother and if we are honest Your D earned to win that day. Sadly for the Bills they made to many mistakes on O and ST and a fourth quarter comeback fell short.. 

oh and the Tuck, was called correctly. A god awful rule but called correctly.

formationgate - wring it was legal it was made illegal after the Ravens whined about it.. sort of like the illegal contact rule and the whiny Colts. 

PEDs who cares? We never know what it’s for and be honest so many of them were for pot.. (see spikes) or coming off an injury like Edelman and Harrison.

the rest been beaten like a dead horse and I am not touching it lol

The insignificant Giants ...  Easy to forget.  

Funny how the Tuck is no longer an official rule.  It stayed on long enough for the common fan to forget about it.  

PEDs who cares? the league cares!!! 

formation gate - Running it is legal if it is done on a play then you go back to a normal formation.  Not back to back   Mr "I know the rule book" should know better  Yet, he cheated. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The insignificant Giants ...  Easy to forget.  

Funny how the Tuck is no longer an official rule.  It stayed on long enough for the common fan to forget about it.  

PEDs who cares? the league cares!!! 

formation gate - Running it is legal if it is done on a play then you go back to a normal formation.  Not back to back   Mr "I know the rule book" should know better  Yet, he cheated. 

the funny thing for the Tuck rule is Pats fans knew it very well as it was called against the Pats earlier that same year. (Horrible rule and I tell Raider fans “it was 4th down you just had stop them 1 more time and failed”)

formationgate That’s not cheating, it’s a penalty they failed to call. (I know a shocker the refs missed a call. Lol) 

I know the league cares but why should we? We never know what it’s for? What if it’s for a drug used for the healing process (HGH is used for that they did it for my crappy knee) or was pot which is legal in so many states and definitely doesn’t give you an advantage lol..  repeat offenders I get (Josh Gordon for example) but a 1 time thing.. just to many variables. 

off topic here but imagine if the Bills were in ANY other AFC division they be the #2 seed And have a decent cushion over most of their fellow teams. 

They will hold cleveland and baltimore to a combined 14 points.

7 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Or at least in the conversation.  My thoughts are that they are great but talk to me after they play houston dallas and KC in the next 5 weeks.  

Thoughts?  Where do they rank and will the end up? 

They are gonna destroy every one of those teams you named. 

Houston wont score more than 10 .. Hopkins has been insignifigant vs new england. Fuller going out kills them

Dallas will be lucky to score 10

Kc is the only legitimate team that had a chance for 14. But thats it

7 hours ago, Plano said:

not a chance. They're good, but not the best ever.

Not even close.

a bunch of poorly thrown interceptions don't make a defense great.

They've played absolute hot garbage these first 7 games (excluding ourselves)so there's that.

You can spin it anyway you want. But lmk in the past like 2016 when everyone said they hadnt played anyone yet why they couldnt replicate this success. How come darnold almost beat the bills? But couldnt even move the ball lasst night. Yet the bills supposedly have a top defense (now 12th by dvoa)

Lmk another defense that has allowed 27 points over 7 games? 

Why couldnt the bills supposed good defense shut out the dolphins?

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t expect them be best ever, but I think they are the best in the NFL right now, followed by your Bills.  I hate the argument “they've gone up against garbage”  well they may be bad but they aren’t just beating them they are humiliating them with how they are being shut down.  For example:

Jets avg:  10 points.  Got: 0

Dolphins avg: 10 points.  Got: 0

Bills Avg: 20 points Got: 10

Redskins avg: 12.9. Got: 7

Giants Avg:  18.9. Got 14

steelers Avg: 20.5. Got 3

total avg: 14.61.  Gave up: 6.28

so only thing I left out was the 14 the Jets got from Special teams and an INT since that doesn’t count against the D. (Well at least not in fantasy lol)  but you can see they are smothering these teams a lot more than anyone else.

Sf better than buffalo...qouted wrong person

But you are 100% correct

Pats defense has allowed 27 points in 7 games

3 hours ago, Talley56 said:

I’m not even sure that they have the best defense this year.  Bears defense has looked good until the Saints (who NE doesn’t play) sliced them up.  Niners defense has looked pretty solid.

Lol dont make stuff up, did you not see what oakland did to that defense lmao

Edited by Bmbchiefs66