Gmfb - Pats best D ever

Hebert19

not a chance. They're good, but not the best ever.

Not even close.

a bunch of poorly thrown interceptions don't make a defense great.

They've played absolute hot garbage these first 7 games (excluding ourselves)so there's that.

Obviously, Belichick’s evil genius preparation helps, but it’s amazing to me what he’s doing with mostly a bunch of nobodies. Yes, you’ve got Gilmore, Hightower, and the good McCourty brother, but most everyone else seems like just a name. No dominant pass rusher. Purely, cohesion and out preparing their opponents. It’s impressive, but incredibly frustrating we didn’t take that first game. 

• Like (+1) 1

If they keep up this pace, yes they should be in the conversation.  They've had 18 INT's to 1 TD with their pass defense.  That's astonishing, especially since they've blown everyone out (except us) so there's a lot of garbage time against them.

Just now, TheProcess said:

Obviously, Belichick’s evil genius preparation helps, but it’s amazing to me what he’s doing with mostly a bunch of nobodies. Yes, you’ve got Gilmore, Hightower, and the good McCourty brother, but most everyone else seems like just a name. No dominant pass rusher. Purely, cohesion and out preparing their opponents. It’s impressive, but incredibly frustrating we didn’t take that first game. 

He can disguise pressure better than anyone.  Guys are left unblocked all the time because he knows how to confuse the protection against them.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He can disguise pressure better than anyone.  Guys are left unblocked all the time because he knows how to confuse the protection against them

Agreed. Give it up to their corners for holding up just long enough for those zero blitzes and disguises to get home. Let’s be honest, they aren’t the only team to use a zero blitz, but as usual they do it better than everyone else. How many more games before teams adjust to it?

Playing the cheats is becoming more like what playing in a playoff game at yankee stadium used to be. You lose it before you ever step foot on the field because the moment is too big and they are in your head. 

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Agreed. Give it up to their corners for holding up just long enough for those zero blitzes and disguises to get home. Let’s be honest, they aren’t the only team to use a zero blitz, but as usual they do it better than everyone else. How many more games before teams adjust to it?

Playing the cheats is becoming more like what playing in a playoff game at yankee stadium used to be. You lose it before you ever step foot on the field because the moment is too big and they are in your head. 

Allen was definitely rattled in the first game at that was at home...it's just the Pats mystique.  However I do see Allen as being mentally tough and will be more prepared against them later this year.  I don't know if he will play better or not but I don't think he will be as intimidated.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If they keep up this pace, yes they should be in the conversation.  They've had 18 INT's to 1 TD with their pass defense.  That's astonishing, especially since they've blown everyone out (except us) so there's a lot of garbage time against them.

He can disguise pressure better than anyone.  Guys are left unblocked all the time because he knows how to confuse the protection against them.  

Yeah, that int to td stat is insane.  But it’s way too early for that and their schedule gets a lot harder.  But it seems like Brady is shifting more to a game manager role again. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, that int to td stat is insane.  But it’s way too early for that and their schedule gets a lot harder.  But it seems like Brady is shifting more to a game manager role again. 

Yeah..that's why I said "if" they can keep up that pace.  I really don't think they will but they're still really tough.  It's definitely so far the best defense I've seen since the 2015 Broncos.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah..that's why I said "if" they can keep up that pace.  I really don't think they will but they're still really tough.  It's definitely so far the best defense I've seen since the 2015 Broncos.

Last year’s Bears was really good too especially because they have Mitchell T.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

So.... How many teams with a winning record has the Pats beaten??   1 right? 

You are absolutely right. However, you know well enough by now that it isn’t that easy when trying to understand and characterize their success. They are the kings until someone steps up and throws their a&@ off the mountain. So far...hasn’t happened. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

You are absolutely right. However, you know well enough by now that it isn’t that easy when trying to understand and characterize their success. They are the kings until someone steps up and throws their a&@ off the mountain. So far...hasn’t happened. 

Twenty years of great scouting, drafting, coaching - a bunch of no names this year and remember, many who post on this board not only hate the Patriots but hate great defense! They want pinball wizard point machines not low scoring defensive games. defense is becoming more popular and dominating in 2019 and I love it!

Well the Bills put up 360 yds against that defense, that’s with giving up 3 possessions!

I just think players and coaches are timid, and find themselves standing around as they get out coached.

The Jets Oline couldn’t block the Pats Dline for 2 seconds and the Pats Dline has a bunch of average dudes.