Buffalo Bills pushing to expand brand north (and east)

On 10/22/2019 at 11:47 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

In the 1990s there was a train that went across the state for some Bills home games (The Bills Express), starting in Rensselaer and stopping in Schenectady, Utica, Syracuse, & Rochester.   It would arrive in Depew & fans would be bused to Orchard Park.  There was even talk of adding a train station in OP for game day fans to arrive by train.  As the Bills stopped making the playoffs, the train attendance went down to the point it was not economically feasible to continue operating it.  I remember being on one of the last train rides.  The train only had 2 cars.  When I arrived at the Schenectady station to wait for the train nobody else was there.  Eventually a few more people showed up before the train arrived, but it was pretty obvious that the Bills bandwagon had slowed quite a bit in the Capital District.  

Wasn’t talk here are the pictures of the proposed train station. These days that train line is out of service and it would cost a bit to get the line reactivated, but I do believe if they were to keep the stadium where it is a train station may be reconsidered.

3D256701-4304-4A6F-BCF1-5FE915DED670.jpeg

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It is amazing how much the government is willing to redirect our tax money to roads & airports and how little they support railways which when done right are a lot more efficient way of transporting people and cargo if you include the vehicles/parking/etc.

I’m a big train enthusiast and it’s been that way since the 50s. Gov has prioritized air and auto big time despite the advantage of rail.

The sad thing about that train line next to the stadium is it no longer exists past Orchard Park. In the late 90s some local leaders had the idea of keeping the line intact which goes wayyy into the southern tier so the train could stop at the Bills games from both directions and also bring trains out to kissing bridge or just Fall Foliage rides and also provide people in the Southern Tier rides into Buffalo. Sadly that project died due to the RR not needing the line nor carrying about it and the state not prioritizing it high enough to save. Ironically now with the development downtown in Buffalo and the regionalization of the team to Rochester and Ontario they have wasted a great resource to move people to all the things I listed.

end of my non bills related comment

Edited by corta765

On 10/22/2019 at 9:05 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t want anymore Bills fans.  It seems like there are 9 billion fans already.  We are full!

Just wait until we win the SB and the bandwagon fans hop aboard. 

On 10/22/2019 at 5:58 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Just don't ever go messing with our home game playing sites again!! One Toronto cash grab over the life of the franchise was enough. 

I agree and I am a Canadian Bills fan. That was a disaster.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/22/2019 at 8:58 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Just don't ever go messing with our home game playing sites again!! One Toronto cash grab over the life of the franchise was enough. 

Unfortunately we will be losing at least one home game in the future because every nfl team has to host a game in London . Complete bulls*#t!

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, billspro said:

Just to be clear, I heart me some Canada and all the Bills fans from there, but that move just made the Bills look like an in-limbo franchise that was suffering from a lack of direction and tone deaf management. 

41 minutes ago, billspro said:

..the whole Brandon marketing push for the Toronto series was to hopefully attract Canadian investors interested in keeping the club presumably in Buffalo/WNY when RW eventually passed in concert with WNY investors......Kelly's Group was a ruse..........

• 2 weeks later...