Buffalo Bills pushing to expand brand north (and east)

5 minutes ago, sir andrew said:

I gotta say, I was surprised how much Bills gear I saw when I was out in Albany last month.  Of course, having the Jets and Giants both be terrible probably helps matters.

I wear my Bills cap(s) every day.    and nearly every day someone says  go bills when they see me.

Even non Bills fans 

• Like (+1) 5

36 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Just don't ever go messing with our home game playing sites again!! One Toronto cash grab over the life of the franchise was enough. 

I'm from Toronto and attended those games, and have to whole heartedly agree. The experience at the Ralph (ok New Era) is SOOOOO much better!!! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've been banging that drum for years.  The healthier the Bills are financially the less likely that they get moved at some point in the future.  As for Toronto I don't see any reason to be concerned about that.  Maybe play a preseason game there every other year.  With the Bills on an upswing no regular season home games will be played away from OP barring a weather event like we saw a few years ago.  If there was a forecast for a very down year I could see one late season game played in the dome at SU.  Not very likely but not impossible either.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I'm from Toronto and attended those games, and have to whole heartedly agree. The experience at the Ralph (ok New Era) is SOOOOO much better!!! 

Well, I suppose had the Bills actually won a game or two or 3 in that time ...  you may have enjoyed them more .

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Just don't ever go messing with our home game playing sites again!! One Toronto cash grab over the life of the franchise was enough. 

If Roger Goodell schedules games in London, Mexico City and Budapest Hungary, you can damn well predict Toronto will be in his sights within a few years....the only difference this time around will be other teams around the Great Lakes and North East will have to go up and play games (Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, NE, maybe even NY Jets and Giants).  It won't be a purely Buffalo Bills designated game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

I've been banging that drum for years.  The healthier the Bills are financially the less likely that they get moved at some point in the future.  As for Toronto I don't see any reason to be concerned about that.  Maybe play a preseason game there every other year.  With the Bills on an upswing no regular season home games will be played away from OP barring a weather event like we saw a few years ago.  If there was a forecast for a very down year I could see one late season game played in the dome at SU.  Not very likely but not impossible either.

Frankly imo  ... the report that Canadians were not part of Bills Nation is ludicrous.

There were plenty of Canadian fans before Flutie. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Well, I suppose had the Bills actually won a game or two or 3 in that time ...  you may have enjoyed them more .

I think they won one of the games I attended, but it was more about the atmosphere. Very sterile in Toronto. Filled with "NFL" fans. Not nearly enough Bills fans. And no tailgating. 

I'd much rather make the trip to Orchard Park and enjoy a true NFL experience with the best fans in the world. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

If Roger Goodell schedules games in London, Mexico City and Budapest Hungary, you can damn well predict Toronto will be in his sights within a few years....the only difference this time around will be other teams around the Great Lakes and North East will have to go up and play games (Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, NE, maybe even NY Jets and Giants).  It won't be a purely Buffalo Bills designated game.

Mark My Words  

17 games ..... where will it be played...   Neutral territory  -   London, Mexico City, Frankfurt Germany, Toronto, Vancouver 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Frankly imo  ... the report that Canadians were not part of Bills Nation is ludicrous.

There were plenty of Canadian fans before Flutie. 

Never any doubt in my mind as to that.  Thousands of people from Ontario were coming to OP during the SB years.  The Bills are probably meh to the upper crust of Toronto society that lacks a passion in terms of rooting for a specific team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1