Pats get Sanu for Second Rounder

aristocrat

The weird thing for us Bills fans this year is that if the Bills do make a trade, say they go big and trade their first rounder, its likely going to be in the mid to late 20s if it plays out like we hope this year.  We're so used to first rounders being top 12 picks...

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Pats are smart,  i think the Bills need to go hard after AJ Green 

I don't get the AJ Green obsession. He can't stay healthy. I don't want a guy who gives us one or two good games and then cheers from the sidelines. He has tons of ability, except the most important one, avail-ability.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

anybody seeing flashbacks from 1990 giants?  sub-par offense with aging QB but just good enough to win the game?  I do.  Brady just got a 5 step turn-around and catch the ball WR.  another quality big guy like gronk that isn't easy to cover, the NFL cringes.

Edited by BillsfaninCT

35 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We always sitting around here talking about moved the Bills should make and to go for it and such...the patriots actually DO things to add to the team. Constantly..Even when they are already very good. If it doesn’t work, they just cut ties and move on. I wish we were a little more aggressive. This has the potential to be a special year and team.

I would argue this FO is very aggressive in making moves. Trading for KB didn't work out, but it was an aggressive move.

Trading up from 21 to 7 is pretty aggressive. As is trading up again for your starting MLB in the same draft

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

And now we’ll see the media hype a guy with a career high of 830 yds as a top ten wr..... just because the Pats dealt for him. 

I mean they get the media hype because they go to the SB every year. I bet the Bills’ move weren’t as doubted as much during the SB years as they have been in the last 20 years.

It is a good trade for the Falcons to get that much for him. He also seems to fit the Pats well and they have nine million 2nd round picks.  Not a game changer but a solid pickup.

59 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Solid player. Not worth a 2nd round pick. Another sign that Belichick knows the end is near for Brady. This goes against the Brady prime years where it was Brady can make any receiver look good. Other way around now, need good receivers to make Tom look good.

His wrs kinda suck right now.

Well the Pats improve while we just sit tight and say how happy we are to make the playoffs. I guess that’s the difference between “playoff caliber” and “championship caliber.”  

Well at least we didn’t waste a 2nd rounder, which to me was an overpay. 

Considering their recent history, I would have demanded more if I was ATL. NE needed a WR more than ATL needs a virtual 3rd rounder AND a hole in their own receiving corps. I’d tell them to come back when they’re giving me a 6th and a 7th if only to make that Super Bowl loss feel a little more dull. It would be like selling the last infinity stone to Thanos for a million dollars. Sure, it’s decent money for you, but what have you done? What have you done?!! 

I’d be fine with the other 31 teams not dealing anything to NE that isn’t absolutely through the nose. Bernie Sanders would be okay with the top team in the NFL paying more. 

10 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Well the Pats improve while we just sit tight and say how happy we are to make the playoffs. I guess that’s the difference between “playoff caliber” and “championship caliber.”  

Well at least we didn’t waste a 2nd rounder, which to me was an overpay. 

First , the trade deadline isn't past yet. 

Sanu is a good, NFL caliber WR but a 2nd is rather an overpayment for him.  If you're swapping a 2nd round pick for the #4 WR on someone's team you'd best be confident he's the difference maker to yours.  I can see where it's a "makes sense for both sides" pick - Sanu has always been behind Jones, but has slid behind Hooper and Ridley this year.  The Falcons get a nice pick to rebuild with, the Cheatriots get what they evidently feel is a missing piece on their stomp to the Super Bowl.

But the tone, while you don't outright say it, makes it seem as though you feel Beane should be making similar moves.  But while we do have several soft spots, why do you feel there is one piece that is so important to our success this year Beane should be swapping away the future?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sanu has 1 TD in his past 17 games. If the Bills had given a 2nd for him I would not have been a happy camper. Would much rather go the rest of the year without Sanu at WR and draft a WR who has a very decent chance of being as good as Sanu is right now. This also tells me to stay far away from AJ Green. If Sanu got a 2nd what would they want for Green? 3 1sts?

Edited by PetermansRedemption