Pats get Sanu for Second Rounder

aristocrat

20 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Man, we are ****ed....we ain’t going nowhere as long as the Pats keep bolstering their roster with moves like this.

Damn

I wouldn’t sweat to much over this move , 

2nd round for Sanu is a little high IMO

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Trouble is for Buffalo to become a real contender, they'd need to pull off about 4 of those moves, WR backup LB , pass rushing end, and maybe a RT unless Ford does settle in the 2nd half of the season.  For the Pats giving up a 2nd rounder is OK, but for the Bills, they need their picks.

Having said that do expect some type of trade, back up LB may be the most reasonable that likely wouldn't cost a fortune.

You say that, but the Patriots are starting Newhouse at LT and have no TEs. Every team has holes and needs picks.

• Like (+1) 5

27 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I trust Beane will be pulling similar moves to bolster the Bills' roster for the run this year.

A run this year?   Nah, don't think so.   Jets, Phins and Titans all had them beat.  Mariota had his foot a foot over the line or that game is lost.   Jets def holding saves the Bills in that one, and Fitzy is Fitzy at the goal to screw up 21-9.   Trust the process, these guys are not as good as the record.   Now the schedule looks favorable, no doubt, but that would be the only reason they "make a run".    Keep your high draft choices Beane, you are an excellent drafter of talent.  That is the only way a roster in WNY can be built for the long term.   Pats are trying to win a Super Bowl.   We are just working to get back to the tournament this year. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We always sitting around here talking about moved the Bills should make and to go for it and such...the patriots actually DO things to add to the team. Constantly..Even when they are already very good. If it doesn’t work, they just cut ties and move on. I wish we were a little more aggressive. This has the potential to be a special year and team.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If that’s the going rate for a WR2/3 then that’s depressing 

Exactly. 30 years old and always been a solid #2 or a top end #3. And I like him. Have always rated him. But I'm not sure I'd have paid a 2nd even in his prime..... now I was thinking "could he be had for a 4th?" Patriots have way overpaid on this one. Maybe it really is Brady's last year?

• Like (+1) 3

I would have thought a 2nd for Sanders or AJ is a pretty high price and they're both significantly better than Sanu.

Having said that, I'm sure at this point New England is just happy to have a WR that they can depend on to physically be on the field and play a role so maybe they actually preferred Sanu.

1 hour ago, Bills365 said:

Just heard it on the radio. It seems like alot (2nd rounder) for him though? Not that they care being it will most likely be closer to a 3rd when all is said and done.

In Patriots world, they assume its the 64th pick overall.  In Dolphins world it is the 33rd pick overall.  Not all seconds are created equal. 

• Like (+1) 2