Schefter believes Brady is setting up to leave the Pats next year

YoloinOhio

If you believe this will happen, you're dillusional. Belicheck built the perfect system to back an ailing qb like Brady. Best D in the league, great core. Brady could not ask for anything else. Go Bills, but you are on drugs if you back this ludicrous claim

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kick the tires? 

1) wouldn’t have to play him

2) could beat the tar out of him in practice 

3) olay the pass rush a few times in preseason and get him crushed

4) trade him to Miami mid season or whatever bottom feeder with a porous Olin’s is there 

id consider this.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Figster said:

...tells Brady he should consider taking the same route as Peyton Manning...

I have to laugh too! Why would any sane reasonably rational person think this!

3 hours ago, wagon127 said:

When will he retire for good?

Sorry, my bat phone to the Patriots is turned off at the moment but I am sure yours is up and running!

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you have any notion how bad Brady would look playing behind that OL, and throwing to the WR they have left?

But I think this is a lot of credibility to give to what seems to be pot-stirring Schefter speculation.

Looking at Brady's contract, he ain't playin' for no $0 salary and amortized signing bonus.  Schefter seems plugged into a bunch of player agents.  That's probably the source of the speculation, "shot across the bow"

image.thumb.png.732c7f7ed287946e60bd3bdf86dc49ce.png

OK, I am ageeing with HaplessBills Fan on something, shows how ridiculous this notion is!

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In my humble opinion, John Elway is confusing correlation with causation.

He combined Manning with a great offensive mind in Kubiak, and combined some stellar defensive players with a great defensive mind in Wade Phillips.

Next year when they fell off with his great draft pick QBs Siemian and Lynch, he decided a new coach was the thing.  Enter Joseph, McCoy, and Musgrave.

Maybe the problem isn't entirely the QB, and maybe the solution wasn't the coaches he hired.

Very good observation! This now competes for the silliest post ever on TBD and the fact we have many taking it seriously does not say much for Bills Fans!

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Does Schefty offer evidence to back up what he thinks?

Nope intoxicated and babling!

4 hours ago, H2o said:

I agree. There's something sketchy about all of this, kinda like some on the dl Asian massage parlor hand j*b. 

Finally some sense on this board!

The drunk fans back in the 1960's with kegs of beer in paying seats made more sense; holy crap!

10 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Sorry, my bat phone to the Patriots is turned off at the moment but I am sure yours is up and running!

He has to retire or leave the team eventually. Since you accused us of being drunk originally for thinking this could be the year. And suggested that 10 years ago it was more likely.

3 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

He has to retire or leave the team eventually. Since you accused us of being drunk originally for thinking this could be the year. And suggested that 10 years ago it was more likely.

No!!! I think Brady leaving the Patriots for another team is drunk talk; if he retires so be it! He will never take a snap under center for another team; if you think he will you are dddddrrrrruuuuunnnnnkkkkk! And your bat phone won't help you!

3 hours ago, Figster said:

Good points as always Hapless, 

The Bronco's won the Championship on D,

no way If I'm John Elway does Wade Philips ever leave the building.

Peyton did have a prolific offense the previous 3 seasons including that record setting 2013 year. But in 2015 Peyton was broken down and at best a game manager who used his veteran smarts to compensate for a poor physical profile. He definitely got carried to that second ring. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Only way Tom leaves for another team is if he decides he’s won enough championships at a discount, and wants one huge pay day from a team hoping for a quick Trophy... I don’t think at his age he would stand much of a chance away from the Pats, but he certainly would get the largest, fully guaranteed 3 year deal in NFL History, if he wants it.

Maybe if a team hires his McDaniels as Head Coach, then maybe I could see him jumping ship... but he’s certainly in uncharted waters approaching free agency at his age. It’s just hard to truly envision him actually walking away from the dynasty willingly for anything other than retirement.

11 hours ago, Beef on Weck said:

It would be interesting if he went to another team to help answer the question: Is it Brady or is it Belichick's system

I didnt know it was belichick hitting guys in stride for TDs. 

I hate when question is brought up.  20+ years in the league Brady can read 99% of every defense out there. 

Without Brady the legacy of New England doesn't exist.