Schefter believes Brady is setting up to leave the Pats next year

YoloinOhio

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

When I heard belicheck was going to be running the defense this year I thought his time in new england is almost up

If you planned on staying you would have hired a DC

I'm sure Josh McDaniels really doesn't want to sit and wait for this next HC opportunity too much longer.  

not that his screwing the Colts over will help him get another chance with another team

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In my humble opinion, John Elway is confusing correlation with causation.

He combined Manning with a great offensive mind in Kubiak, and combined some stellar defensive players with a great defensive mind in Wade Phillips.

Next year when they fell off with his great draft pick QBs Siemian and Lynch, he decided a new coach was the thing.  Enter Joseph, McCoy, and Musgrave.

Maybe the problem isn't entirely the QB, and maybe the solution wasn't the coaches he hired.

Good points as always Hapless, 

The Bronco's won the Championship on D,

no way If I'm John Elway does Wade Philips ever leave the building.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I'm sure Josh McDaniels really doesn't want to sit and wait for this next HC opportunity too much longer.  

not that his screwing the Colts over will help him get another chance with another team

Also true. If McDaniel takes over after the season it will be interesting to see what Brady does.

Maybe it will finally be the end of the Patriots

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Unless Daniel Jones improves, Brady's best choice would be the NY Giants, who can say they are going back to their original plan to let Jones sit & learn.  Brady is not going to a smaller market than Boston, he'll only leave for a big city.  Brady already lives part time in NYC.  If his future plans are for show biz or in the sports media NY is the place for him since there are no QB openings in California.  

Do you have any notion how bad Brady would look playing behind that OL, and throwing to the WR they have left?

But I think this is a lot of credibility to give to what seems to be pot-stirring Schefter speculation.

Looking at Brady's contract, he ain't playin' for no $0 salary and amortized signing bonus.  Schefter seems plugged into a bunch of player agents.  That's probably the source of the speculation, "shot across the bow"

image.thumb.png.732c7f7ed287946e60bd3bdf86dc49ce.png

• Like (+1) 3

Brady would tarnish his reputation by going someplace else. Makes no sense. Retire.

i wonder if there is a power struggle at the top between Kraft and Belichick after this season. I really think Belichick knows Brady is close to being done and would like to move on from him after this year instead of having to suffer a lost season with an ancient Brady throwing ducks and being a statue in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Montana played for KC after SF before retiring.  Some of the great QBs ended up playing in other cities in their waning years: Montana, Namath, Unitas, Favre, P. Manning, A. Manning,    

Let me clarify - I don't think you'll see Brady have a Michael Strahan or Steve Young sort of entertainment career.  He won't coach in the NFL either.  

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

When I heard belicheck was going to be running the defense this year I thought his time in new england is almost up

If you planned on staying you would have hired a DC

I didn't think it would be Brady first to leave

He did, The DC coordinator left before the year started do to personal issues. 

Also Shefter has stated he believes he will retire if they win it all again this year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you have any notion how bad Brady would look playing behind that OL, and throwing to the WR they have left?

But I think this is a lot of credibility to give to what seems to be pot-stirring Schefter speculation.

Looking at Brady's contract, he ain't playin' for no $0 salary and amortized signing bonus.  Schefter seems plugged into a bunch of player agents.  That's probably the source of the speculation, "shot across the bow"

image.thumb.png.732c7f7ed287946e60bd3bdf86dc49ce.png

The Giants O line is decent.  The main problem is a rookie QB who is holding on to the ball too long.  

4 hours ago, vorpma said:

Schefter needs to go sober up and some of you do too, ten years ago maybe!

You’re drunk, Schefter!  Go home!

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Maybe he and McDaniels go replace Kitchens and Mayfield in Cleveland?

They do home improvements and landscaping?!?  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1