Schefter believes Brady is setting up to leave the Pats next year

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Unless Daniel Jones improves, Brady's best choice would be the NY Giants, who can say they are going back to their original plan to let Jones sit & learn.  Brady is not going to a smaller market than Boston, he'll only leave for a big city.  Brady already lives part time in NYC.  If his future plans are for show biz or in the sports media NY is the place for him since there are no QB openings in California.  

Elway would give him 25% ownership of the Broncos.

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

He wants the statue in front of the stadium.  He won't play for another NFL team.  

I see him taking the Joe Montana route in retirement.  

Montana played for KC after SF before retiring.  Some of the great QBs ended up playing in other cities in their waning years: Montana, Namath, Unitas, Favre, P. Manning, A. Manning,    

49 minutes ago, Figster said:

John Elway says hello...

I don’t understand.  Who does Elway say hello to, and why?  Does he say this in the forest, where no one else can hear?  And why do we care if an awful GM says “hello”?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t understand.  Who does Elway say hello to, and why?  Does he say this in the forest, where no one else can hear?  And why do we care if an awful GM says “hello”?

You just don't understand...

4 hours ago, stevewin said:

Would LOVE to see him go to another team just to see the epic fail.  There is zero doubt in my mind he would be a complete failure without the Cheaters' "system" on and off the field

Agreed.  I can't see anybody offering a lot of money to a 43 year old QB though, and I definitely don't see anyone offering a multiyear deal.

15 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I don't know, seems Denver needs more than just a QB to go deep into playoffs?  Though the thin air may give him an extra year of playing time.

Oh, Yeah.  Like maybe WR who aren't on the verge of checking into the Geriatrics unit, an OL .... little pieces like that.

It's just that going for an aging QB who has won Superbowl(s) seems to be Elway's MO

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, Yeah.  Like maybe WR who aren't on the verge of checking into the Geriatrics unit, an OL .... little pieces like that.

It's just that going for an aging QB who has won Superbowls seems to be Elway's MO

Seems to be the only winning formula John Elway has been able to find at the QB position.

So yes siree bob, Elway would show some interest...

...in my humble opinion...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Figster said:

Seems to be the only winning formula John Elway has been able to find at the QB position.

So yes siree bob, Elway would show some interest...

...in my humble opinion...

In my humble opinion, John Elway is confusing correlation with causation.

He combined Manning with a great offensive mind in Kubiak, and combined some stellar defensive players with a great defensive mind in Wade Phillips.

Next year when they fell off with his great draft pick QBs Siemian and Lynch, he decided a new coach was the thing.  Enter Joseph, McCoy, and Musgrave.

Maybe the problem isn't entirely the QB, and maybe the solution wasn't the coaches he hired.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, dpberr said:

He wants the statue in front of the stadium.  He won't play for another NFL team.  

I see him taking the Joe Montana route in retirement.  

To review, what happened to Joe Montana is that he was injured and out for close to 2 seasons, during which time his backup Steve Young played himself into the starting job.  So Montana asked for a trade

Brady didn't want to take the Montana route.  That's why he allegedly threw a hissy and brought Kraft into it to have Garrappolo  swapped off to the 'Niners.

The only way it is possible, is there is some sort of weird irreconcilable rift between brady and kraft and/or belichick 

I dont see it happening, as kraft holds a strange god-like worship of brady.... and kraft is brady's sugar daddy post-career for getting tb12 off the ground.