Schefter believes Brady is setting up to leave the Pats next year

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

What Happened to the Broncos after Manning left? While He didn't put up the numbers we are used to, he still played quarterback with the same wisdom he normally had. He didn't make mistakes that cost his team. The Patriots are not set up right now to obtain a QB with that kind of discipline next year, should Brady leave.

It's anyone's guess what the Pats would do at the position if Brady were to hang 'em up after this year.  They would probably try to bring in a vet like Teddy Bridgewater and draft someone.  And we don't really know how they feel about Stidham.  What's certain is that they will still be a very tough team to beat. 

I don’t buy it now and I didn’t buy it last night. This is based on what? Brady is selling his house. He is from Cali, he doesn’t want to live in NE. They have enough money to live anywhere they want. Houses like his don’t sell overnight. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Don’t see it. What would be the point?

I'm assuming Tom Brady despite his age would still be worth something on the trading block.

Brady would do it for the team.

@#Tanking/TradingforTua

...Football Gods help us...

I actually think Belichick would probably kind of like it if Brady forced his way out. It would give BB a chance to win without Tom Brady and show he was more responsible for their dynasty than Brady was. 

And Brady isn’t looking nearly as dangerous as in years past. He could potentially struggle quite a bit if he leaves that NE system he’s been in his entire career. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Beef on Weck said:

It would be interesting if he went to another team to help answer the question: Is it Brady or is it Belichick's system

Of course it takes both but last year and this year leaves no doubt Bellichick is the best coach. The 11-5 season without Brady was an indication but still back then #12 was putting up record numbers. 

1 hour ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Unlikely, he will probably be a turd that runs the "company" into the ground.

With any other father / son coaching duo, I might agree.  With BB / SB, any bad habits or lazy traits of the son were probably eliminated by the dark side of the Force.

In light of the unfounded rumour, the league has awarded three anticipatory and compensatory draft picks to the New England Patriots.  No refunds.

Unless Daniel Jones improves, Brady's best choice would be the NY Giants, who can say they are going back to their original plan to let Jones sit & learn.  Brady is not going to a smaller market than Boston, he'll only leave for a big city.  Brady already lives part time in NYC.  If his future plans are for show biz or in the sports media NY is the place for him since there are no QB openings in California.  

4 minutes ago, Nester said:

This is BS, not a chance he wants to retire as a loser.

I agree. There's something sketchy about all of this, kinda like some on the dl Asian massage parlor hand j*b. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1