Schefter believes Brady is setting up to leave the Pats next year

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, mannc said:

Tell me who they would have lost to with Hoyer at QB.

Steelers--without Brady's 373 yards  and 3 TDs, the Steelers don't pass almost 50 times.  They were down 3 TDs by halftime.  Brady put that game away quick.

Probably the Bills beat them as well.  Hoyer would have been destroyed.

Brady leaves the Pats. Beane and McD bring

him in to talk about signing him. They sit him down to talk business but in come Jordan Phillips and Ed Oliver with brass knuckles. Beane and McD smile at each other, calmly get up and walk out of the room closing the door behind them.  We never hear from Tom again.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Steelers--without Brady's 373 yards  and 3 TDs, the Steelers don't pass almost 50 times.  They were down 3 TDs by halftime.  Brady put that game away quick.

Probably the Bills beat them as well.  Hoyer would have been destroyed.

Well, I guess we’ll never know, but they absolutely crushed the Steelers, and Brady put up all of 10 points and less than 200 yards total offense against the Bills.  It’s more likely than not that they are undefeated even without Brady.

Can't just look at his stats against Buffalo. He gets the ball out so quick, no other qb especially Stidham is going to make those quick reads, or just dump the ball off to avoid sacks or worse as quickly as Brady does. I don't see the Patriots beating Buffalo in that game with Stidham starting.

Edited by Realist
Incorrect Name

2 hours ago, ColeB said:

Join his boyhood team , the Niners?

To backup Jimmy G? I don't think so, I think Brady retires assuming they win another Super Bowl unless he and BB want to play another year or two so Brady can own all the QB records. 

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Can't just look at his stats against Buffalo. He gets the ball out so quick, no other qb especially Hoyer is going to make those quick reads, or just dump the ball off to avoid sacks or worse as quickly as Brady does. I don't see the Patriots beating Buffalo in that game with Hoyer starting.

Hoyer's in Indy, the Patriots' backup QB is rookie Jarrett Stidham.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boco357 said:

Titans with old buddy Vrabel.

That be interesting pairing as the Titans do have an improving defense and WR core slightly better than what New England has and Henry is an okay RB and they do have Dion Lewis who played well when healthy in New England. 

20 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

To backup Jimmy G? I don't think so, I think Brady retires assuming they win another Super Bowl unless he and BB want to play another year or two so Brady can own all the QB records. 

Hoyer's in Indy, the Patriots' backup QB is rookie Jarrett Stidham.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

4 or 5 years back their defense was pretty bad.  If it had been better likely he'd have a couple more SB wins.

Could see him kind of doing a Peyton Manning type move and go to a team a QB away from winning the SB, but who is that team?  Indy, Bears, or Minn??

Hmmmm.  Denver?

3 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

The system + Defense is what's keeping him TB12 this season.  If he had to start over I suspect it would be quite ugly, unless a bunch of offensive coaches and players went with him.

Don't forget Coach Scar.  I wish that guy would re-retire.  HOW I wish that.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Tell me who they would have lost to with Hoyer at QB.

What Happened to the Broncos after Manning left? While He didn't put up the numbers we are used to, he still played quarterback with the same wisdom he normally had. He didn't make mistakes that cost his team. The Patriots are not set up right now to obtain a QB with that kind of discipline next year, should Brady leave.

3 hours ago, Beef on Weck said:

It would be interesting if he went to another team to help answer the question: Is it Brady or is it Belichick's system

I think that would be hilarious but I think it's far more likely that he's just becoming aware that this should be his last season. 

• Like (+1) 1