Belicheat exposee loophole in rules

10 hours ago, voodoo poonani said:

Belicheat does it again! This time with a loophole, takes 1 min 22 sec off of the clock.

Nobody goes through the rulebook quite like him. I'm surprised he wasted it against the jests.

Link

for almost 50 years I have wondered why the clock starts on a delay of game call

especially if it was intentional to take it

In the end the fix seems so simple - anytime the flag is thrown the clock stops (if it was running) and the team accepting or declining the penalty has on option to either leave it stopped or have the refs wind the clock with an automatic 10 second run off (or longer up to 30 seconds if you want) for the delay.

That way the Jets while behind - they can still decline the penalty, but have the clock stop.

Conversely - if the Jets were ahead and there was a false start (like the second Pats penalty) - the Jets could accept or decline the penalty, but they could choose to wind the clock and there would be a 10 second (or more) run off as a penalty.  

@papazoid - I agree - I think this happened to Belichek before and he wanted to expose it and use it to embarrass someone in the AFC east and was happy to do it to the Jets and Gase/Williams.

Edited by Rochesterfan

11 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

:censored: Belicheat

:censored: Brady

if the D Bag was so worried about playing time   .............    Why was Brady playing in the 4th Why even int he 3rd QTR? 

The commentators inferred that Brady was overriding any decisions to put in backups. He wanted starters getting the reps.

Then Michel got injured.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I said to my friends last night that the Jets should have taken cheap shots at Brady since he was still in the game.

I've been waiting for a team to snap and do that for more than a decade. When the DBAG BB left Brady in the game when they crushed the Bills on Sunday night football during the Jauron era and they kept going for two deep in the 4th Q I was screaming for old Dick to call an all out blitz and kill Brady but all I got was Jaurons 1000 yard stare.

15 hours ago, voodoo poonani said:

Belicheat does it again! This time with a loophole, takes 1 min 22 sec off of the clock.

Nobody goes through the rulebook quite like him. I'm surprised he wasted it against the jests.

Link

BB was a fool to waste any advantage like that on the NYJs. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

No one knows the rules like Bill Belichick.  It's part of what makes him the GOAT.

There's no excuse for all teams in the NFL not operating on the same level, but they don't.

Which is where BB finds and gains a genuine advantage.

• Like (+1) 1

Heard this week he sits in coach and gets first class seats for star players and performers of the week

This is HUGE for team morale and loyalty, almost all coaches take first class for themself and leave players in coach