2018 QB redraft

rayray808

Each team must go back in time to re-do the draft (Dr Strange still has the time stone) and take a QB knowing what they know AS OF TODAY.

Take all fan-hood out of the equation and do your mock draft based on the following scenarios:

THE OG:

1) Browns

2) Jets

3) Bills

4) Cardinals

5) Ravens

ENDGAME VERSION:

1) Bills

2) Jets

3) Ravens

4) Browns

5) Cardinals

My answers:

THE OG:

1) Browns - Lamar Jackson - after watching him in division they take him knowing he can win conference games

2) Jets - Josh Allen - easier to build around, has the grit and poise to handle the NYC media

3) Bills - Sam Darnold - process guy who they can slowly build around

4) Cardinals - Baker Mayfield - can run Kingsburyʻs offense and would play great in the dome

5) Ravens - Mason Rudolph - minus the concussion he could lead those division games as he did in Pittsburgh, maybe even arguably throw better than Lamar

ENDGAME VERSION:

1) Bills - Josh Allen - total package he is the gem of the draft and fits this city and franchise direction the best

2) Jets - Baker Mayfield - I may not agree with it but I think their franchise would love building around him over Jackson/Darnold/Rosen

3) Ravens - Lamar Jackson - if the top two are gone I think they are comfortable where they are at as a team

4) Browns - Sam Darnold - probably a better face for the franchise PR wise but lower "wow factor" at the position

5) Cardinals - Mason Rudolph - basically doesn't want Rosen no matter what

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

With the way the Paytoilets defense is playing, I'd be surprised if Lamar finishes the game without getting hurt.  We shall see.

That will be an interesting game. Since the first two games, Jackson has looked exactly how he looked last year, not very good in the pocket but making big plays running the ball. The Pats did a good job of keeping Allen contained; however, I don't think Allen has been looking to make plays with his feet as much this year - while it is a big part of the Raven's offense.

THE OG:

1) Browns: Josh Allen - I am not yet sold on Lamar being the savior with the arm. JA should have gone #1 if we knew then what we know today. He is a competitor and is clutch. His running is a bonus.

2) Jets - Darnold - Yesterday's seeing ghosts notwithstanding, Darnold is not a bad QB at all. 

3) Bills - The other Allen (UDFA - Kyle Allen) Take the third member of the Jordan Palmer trainee group

4) Cardinals - Mayfield - Cards take him in the hopes he turns into a poor man's Brees

5) Ravens - Lamar goes here - no change

6) Some other QB needy team - Mason Rudolph

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Lamar runs way too much and doesn't have the arm of Allen. Reminds me of Vick and he will have a short career if continues to play like this, hes fun to watch but not sustainable.

We could end up being wrong, but today I agree 100%.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Lamar runs way too much and doesn't have the arm of Allen. Reminds me of Vick and he will have a short career if continues to play like this, hes fun to watch but not sustainable.

Jackson averages more yards passing per game and has more passing tds. And this list will probably change every game.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Lamar is literally Greg romans wet dream for quarterback. Say what you will for Roman but that guy knows how to design run plays possibly better than anyone in the nfl. 
Since the pats D is so elite this year I am looking forward to seeing if they can stop the Baltimore gimmick and of course I’m  hoping buffalo makes them look silly running it too. The offense they are running is extremely complex to defend but on the flip side quite easy to execute. 
as far as the quarterbacks go, I agree with the above Cleveland should of done Barkley first and quarterback at 4. But... they landed at top 5-10 corner. I doubt most of the teams would change up. I think Cleveland, New Jersey, buffalo and Baltimore would all keep what they have.

Edited by Rc2catch

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

What Cleveland should have done was to draft Barkley at #1 and take their highest rated QB left at #4.  They would have been able to get either Allen, Darnold or Mayfield to go with Barkley.  

They have a pretty darn good RB in Chubb too...and now have Hunt coming back.  I don't think they need a RB at all, they are stacked.  

Using hindsight, if they were going to forego a QB at 1, the obvious choice would have been to take Quenton Nelson #1 then taken Josh Allen at #4.  Had they done that and still made all their other moves, they would very much be the threat everyone thought they were going to be going into this year.  

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They have a pretty darn good RB in Chubb too...and now have Hunt coming back.  I don't think they need a RB at all, they are stacked.  

Using hindsight, if they were going to forego a QB at 1, the obvious choice would have been to take Quenton Nelson #1 then taken Josh Allen at #4.  Had they done that and still made all their other moves, they would very much be the threat everyone thought they were going to be going into this year.  

The only player they would have forewent a QB for at #1 was Barkley.  If they wanted Nelson they could have had him at 4, he was drafted 6th.  Also if they had taken Barkley, they wouldn't have drafted Chubb, who is nowhere near the player Barkley is.  Barkley is a once in a generation RB.  

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The only player they would have forewent a QB for at #1 was Barkley.  If they wanted Nelson they could have had him at 4, he was drafted 6th.  Also if they had taken Barkley, they wouldn't have drafted Chubb, who is nowhere near the player Barkley is.  Barkley is a once in a generation RB.  

But we are now redrafting the 2018 drafted based on todays knowledge...and if we are drafting with todays knowledge, Quenton Nelson should be and probably would be the #1 pick in the draft for the Browns with them taking a QB at #4.  

And Browns would be a much better team taking Nelson #1 and still later drafting Chubb (and signing Hunt) than taking Barkley #1.  As good as Chubb has been, he would be even better with Nelson on that team.  Not to mention, they still have Hunt who is a pretty darn good RB too giving Browns 2 of the top 10 RBs in the NFL right now.  OL is massively more important than a RB, and Cle still has 2 stud RBs to go with that Pro Bowl (with HOF potential) OL Nelson.  

I think each team would take the same guy they took before honestly. Not the order I would personally have taken them in, but I think each team likely feels like they've seen enough to be confident in their respective choices with the only exception being the Cardinals. So I guess:

Browns - Baker

Jets - Darnold

Bills - Allen

Cardinals - Lamar

Ravens - Rosen

11 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think each team would take the same guy they took before honestly. Not the order I would personally have taken them in, but I think each team likely feels like they've seen enough to be confident in their respective choices with the only exception being the Cardinals. So I guess:

Browns - Baker

Jets - Darnold

Bills - Allen

Cardinals - Lamar

Ravens - Rosen

Exactly.  I wouldn't trade Allen for Jackson and I bet the Jets and Browns feel the same about their guy.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But we are now redrafting the 2018 drafted based on todays knowledge...and if we are drafting with todays knowledge, Quenton Nelson should be and probably would be the #1 pick in the draft for the Browns with them taking a QB at #4.  

And Browns would be a much better team taking Nelson #1 and still later drafting Chubb (and signing Hunt) than taking Barkley #1.  As good as Chubb has been, he would be even better with Nelson on that team.  Not to mention, they still have Hunt who is a pretty darn good RB too giving Browns 2 of the top 10 RBs in the NFL right now.  OL is massively more important than a RB, and Cle still has 2 stud RBs to go with that Pro Bowl (with HOF potential) OL Nelson.  

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I don't care if you're in draft day time or today.  You may be redrafting, I wasn't.  I was talking about what they should have done in April 2018.   I still take Barkley over Nelson 24/7.  Just because he missed a few games this year doesn't drop Barkley's status as the best player & most likely HOFer of the 2018 draft.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

Lamar Jackson is averaging 12 carries per game. The modern day record for a season is 8.7 set by Lamar last year. The modern day record Besides Lamar is about 8 set by cam newton in 2017. Those attempts are going to catch up with him. He is running at an insane rate, it’s unsustainable.