Some next day observations from my DVR

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I actually do not blame McKenzie on this play. Allen is rolling out to his right, not really under pressure, and McKenzie comes out of the backfield and is wide open all the way to the endzone. It is a well designed play and you can see McKenzie looking back at Allen from around the 18 yard line on in. I have no idea why Allen was waiting to pull the trigger. If he hits Mckenzie in that range, McKenzie walks into the endzone.

I agree. It looks to me like Allen is gun shy about his INTs from earlier this season. An overthrow is unlikely to be intercepted vs that coverage so he’s being extra cautious. He needs to get those out of his thought process and just drop it in there. Most of his deep attempts this year were overthrown by a significant distance. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

At this point I think most fans would settle for a motion of the ocean WR if it results in celebrations. 

Most fans probably thought Beasley to be the answer here... a smaller, shiftier guy with crisp route running and movement in the slot. But, one has to start wondering about his ability to rise to the occasion in big moments. He's seemingly dropped the ball a few times at crucial points. 

3 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Most fans probably thought Beasley to be the answer here... a smaller, shiftier guy with crisp route running and movement in the slot. But, one has to start wondering about his ability to rise to the occasion in big moments. He's seemingly dropped the ball a few times at crucial points. 

Lacking in rhythm.  

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

because  ..... ummm  ...  I got nothing.   

50 plus yards in penalties killed those drives.  

Bigger, stronger, faster doomed Zay right?   :bag::lol: 

Yep. You can’t play the game from behind the sticks. That simple. FGs weren’t the worst outcome in those situations, either. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ballage crossed the EZ dragging Poyer on his ankle.

On Parker's TD catch. Poyer had a clear angle on him as he was coming FROM the EZ to tackle Ballard short.  Poyer bounced off him. Score.

I yelled TACKLE him you dummy WTF is with the bump and bounce???  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Beas caught some key throws at big moments last Sunday

19 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

- I really wish they would stop getting cute with these Josh Allen designed runs.....we do have guys that can run the ball.  Josh will get plenty of times to run when nothing is

Fitz gets drilled on a sack....promptly throws the int to White on the next play

I really they (posters) would stop getting cute with all that white space ......

Fitz did not throw the int to White - he threw it to low and outside so if WR missed catch it would go out of bounds and Hyde made a great play and defender did not play defense well enough.

11 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I really think that the first half problems were game planning problems, not Allen.  

They were game prep problems.  After New England threw those blitzes they should have expected it from Miami but they were unprepared for them.

The Bills need to do a better job at self scouting but it is HARD to practice when you are limited by NFLPA rules.

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

They were game prep problems.  After New England threw those blitzes they should have expected it from Miami but they were unprepared for them.

The Bills need to do a better job at self scouting but it is HARD to practice when you are limited by NFLPA rules.

Thanks.  Game prep and game planning is a nice distinction. They weren't prepared, and they should have been.   Allen should have known what to do with the pass rush, and in the first half it seemed he didn't.  However they did it, they controlled it better in the second half, because on the biggest throws (like the pass to Duke and TD pass), Allen was comfortable.  

On 10/22/2019 at 11:58 AM, Rubes said:

Good stuff, John, I agree with many of the points. Especially: I thought Josh played pretty well the whole game, including the first half.

To me, this game was about two things: bad penalties, and the defense being unable to get off the field.

And drop passes

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/22/2019 at 1:51 AM, John from Riverside said:

- I really wish they would stop getting cute with these Josh Allen designed runs.....we do have guys that can run the ball.  Josh will get plenty of times to run when nothing is open.

- McKenzie in the end zone....this is why I dont feel our WR core is yet complete....McKenie is not the guy you want running that route...yes the pass was a bit high....a WR that will climb the ladder with some size that can play MAKES that catch....McKenzie didnt even attempt to get off the ground....McKenzie should be used for things like jet sweeps and backing up on returns.

Oliver sighting early...that man is fast

We need a better reserve linebacker

Poyer is a stud

Gore needs to be brought back

WHy are ppl saying Josh was not making plays in the first half (but then I see him overthrow Knox)

Holding penalties still hurting us

Fitz is good early

RUN....THE...BALL.....both Gore and Devin owning it on the ground

1st quarter Allen is moving the ball right down the field on passes....especially to Brown

Come on Knox....gotta catch those...makes the highlight catch and drops the easy one.  ...that is a TD there two

I hear boos on a Allen sack....I am wondering if those ppl would have been more upset with a Allen interception?  That is how those usually happen.

I dont care what anyone says....Edmunds is a stud.  He got blocked out of some plays today...he also makes it really hard to drop passes into buckets over the middle....and nice job on a snuffing out a screen here

Come on Bease.....hang onto the ball  Josh is actually been pretty accurate this half

Too...many....penalties

Not understanding the boos on 3rd and 19 with a run play......how many plays are there for 3rd and 19?   That is HOW THE BALL GETS PICKED

2nd half

TE for Miami making Dawson Knox type catches

Obvious push off by Devante Parker

Fitz gets drilled on a sack....promptly throws the int to White on the next play

(meanwhile...it seems like Miami held onto the ball forever on that drive)

Then Josh Allen and company go to work....perfect drive from Allen and resulting in a TD to Brown on a lazer

Josh converts the two then throws me the football in California (can I have it autographed Josh?)

Bills get the ball back....Brown is a stud

I really hope these deep shots by Josh start connecting.....guys ARE open

Turnovers are nice

McKenzie doing what he does well.....lets keep him doing that role

2nd TD by Josh Allen...playing well in the 2nd half....but honestly....he didnt play that badly in the 1st half

Up by 10 with 6 minutes left to go

Miami's TE is pretty good

Not happy with the play calling here.....Miami is totally playing run trying to get the ball back....Buffalo obliges and has to punt

Kinda cheap holding call on Edmunds.....happens on every play

Fitz with the great play on 4th and 7  I do like that they are sending Medmunds on MLB Blitzes

Fitz showing the good Fitz

Fitz should have never scored that last TD......Hughes come on man you gotta have that

Hyde ices it

Bills 5 and 1

-

Your DVR does a lot of thinking. Mine is a mope.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/22/2019 at 10:46 AM, GG said:

You are correct.  That pass is thrown about 1/2 second too late.  This is a key step that Allen needs to make in his maturity as a QB.  He still doesn't have or trust his instincts to throw receivers open.  This was the third play in that opening drive where Allen was looking in the right direction, but didn't pull the trigger to an eventually wide open WR.

Hopefully those are throws he learns to make, which is why his big toss to Duke later in the game was so important.

Or does he simply not find open receivers?